• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, my Metal Gear loving buddies, here's a question for you!

I had the retail version of the MGS HD collection for PS3. Everything worked fine.

Anyway, sold it to a friend of mine and got the collection on PSN.

Now here's the weird thing. The digital version doesn't run fine for me. Well, it almost does, but in MGS2 during the part were you overhear a conversation between Ocelot, Olga and Solidus, this happens when Olga is supposed to leave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xc1q_WvmsU

The footage is from the PS2 version but I'm encountering the exact same glitch. The only way to proceed is to skip the rest of the cutscene. On my next try from the same save file, the same thing kept happening. So, a few weeks later I thought, "Maybe that save file is glitched" and started a new game...same thing happened.

So I thought, "Okay, maybe I actually have to delete all my HD collection saves and that'll solve the problem,", but again, the same thing happened.

And now, some time later after I've deleted and reinstalled the entire collection...the same thing still keeps happening. It's not a huge game breaking issue but it's annoying and I was wondering if someone had the same issue and knows what's causing this.
I have the US version, if that counts.

Edit: In the comments a few other dudes are having the same issue with the HD collection, but no comment as to what is causing this or whether they've played digital or retail.

Rajang

Today is my bd guys!

Hai!

I hope royakduke is doing ok.

dawg, u back on tele?

How is everyone doing? Someone mentioned Hayter will be in the game. How true is this?

Who needs an avatar?

How old is big boss in the games? maybe i am now as old as he is.

Happy birthday man. Hope you have a great day.

brau

36854204tksrj.jpg

Happy birthday Brau!

I wouldn't say annoying but I can see where you're coming from, he always has the same emotionless face in PW

Happy born day Brau!

Damn, I'm gonna have to crack down on this game over the summer.

Happy Birthday, brau!

Happy Birthday, brau.

Happy birthday man. Hope you have a great day.

Thank you guys!

I am really grateful for all of you guys. To come into this community and really feel a sense of belonging. Also to the many great friendships that we have, through the good and the bad. I really do think highly of everyone here, and here is to many more epic and memorable moments.

Thanks for the bd wishes :) and i am having a great day so far. hehe

I hope
Tora
wishes me a hb too hah!

Today is my bd guys!
Happy birthday brau!

HAI

I hope royakduke is doing ok.
What happened to Duke? I haven't been following this thread much lately.

How is everyone doing?
I'm doing okay I guess.

Someone mentioned Hayter will be in the game. How true is this?
That someone is crazy, don't believe his/her lies.

Who needs an avatar?
I don't need one but...

How old is big boss in the games? maybe i am now as old as he is.
49 in TPP, you're almost there!

Rajang

I had the retail version of the MGS HD collection for PS3. Everything worked fine.

Now here's the weird thing. The digital version doesn't run fine for me. Well, it almost does, but in MGS2 during the part were you overhear a conversation between Ocelot, Olga and Solidus, this happens when Olga is supposed to leave.

The footage is from the PS2 version but I'm encountering the exact same glitch. The only way to proceed is to skip the rest of the cutscene. On my next try from the same save file, the same thing kept happening. So, a few weeks later I thought, "Maybe that save file is glitched" and started a new game...same thing happened.

So I thought, "Okay, maybe I actually have to delete all my HD collection saves and that'll solve the problem,", but again, the same thing happened.

And now, some time later after I've deleted and reinstalled the entire collection...the same thing still keeps happening. It's not a huge game breaking issue but it's annoying and I was wondering if someone had the same issue and knows what's causing this.

Edit: In the comments a few other dudes are having the same issue with the HD collection, but no comment as to what is causing this or whether they've played digital or retail.

Damn.

I've never heard of this before.

I recently bought the digital version of HD collection because of a sale on PSN even though I already have The Legacy Collection. I'll be playing the games again soon and I'll let you guys know if I encounter this glitch as well.

Wark

Do you seriously believe that all the main missions of the game, one after the other, cutscenes included, are going to last more than 35 hours?

Depending on how dense the game is with the missions and side-content, I think the game could easily last at least 30 hours or so. The map itself seems large and I'm hoping that it's filled with a lot of side-content that I can spend hours on. However, either way, I'm trying to not read much about the game until I play it so I neither underestimate or overestimate the size and content of the game. Regardless, I see myself playing this game over and over again despite how much content is in it.

KorrZ

That's very strange. I just played the digital HD collection version and didn't run into that issue - though maybe it's because I bought the games separate rather than in the bundle?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday, brau!

On the MGS2 glitch, have you tried rebuilding database on your PS3 (I have no idea if that can be done on a PS3)?

Sounds like it is putting into words what was visually conveyed things that might not have been apparent. Other than that I can't really build upon what the article already describes but it was interesting none of the less.

true..i still dont understand why big boss would kill zero there though..because i thought BB said he didn't feel hatred for Zero anymore

Mexen

S8
E19
10:40am

Oh wow... Big Boss in action. I actually LOL when I saw that part. It's such a deliberate nod to Metal Gear Solid.

true..i still dont understand why big boss would kill zero there though..because i thought BB said he didn't feel hatred for Zero anymore
It was a pity killing. As the article you linked to points out, Zero was completely dependent on life support in order to even exist and could no longer function as a human being with a fulfilling life.

It was a pity killing. As the article you linked to points out, Zero was completely dependent on life support in order to even exist and could no longer function as a human being with a fulfilling life.

Do you think Zero meant for things to go down this way in MGS 4? i wonder sometimes..if he truly is evil the way he is portrayed...

Big Boss and Zero tore the MGS universe apart...

Do you think Zero meant for things to go down this way in MGS 4? i wonder sometimes..if he truly is evil the way he is portrayed...

Big Boss and Zero tore the MGS universe apart...

I'm pretty sure the whole point of that monologue by Big Boss is to tell you that things spiraled out of Zero's control and the Patriots AI don't necessarily reflect his original vision.

This doesn't mean that Zero was a good guy though.

Both Zero and Big Boss also ended up being pretty disillusioned from the realities of the pursuit of their interpretation of the Boss's ideal, and ended up worse for wear.

Kindekuma

Banned
Someone on r/metalgearsolid posted an image of Ocelot through the series.

co3MVN9.jpg

But goddamn, MGS4 Ocelot reminded me of this dude instantly.

nFZzKkc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom