• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndi101

So any idea at this point when the doc is gonna be on italian television? (I'm not trying to fan the flames of the conscipiracy talk again)

Vally

What is this team A nonsense going on here?

Team B is where it's at

added Lerny

fJfxzFn.png

cOQRvl0.jpg

rw0ZZHx.png

"The next project will challenge a certain type of taboo. If I mess up, I'll probably have to leave the industry. However, I don't want to pass by avoiding that. I turn 47 this year. It's been 24 years since I started making games. Today, I got an ally who would happily support me in that risk. Although it's just one person. For a start, it's good." - Kojima, Twitter, 2010.

COKE

Neo Member
First time here, though I´ve been following this craziness for a while.

Unfortunately won´t be around too long, familiar & working circumstances make it impossible to play the game when it´s released, so I´ll vanish from here on August 31 before the game is released tho avoid any "nuclear" spoilers.

Just a couple of notes:

1. #TeamA. Alwalys

2. Cannavero is IN.
Still not sure how Hideo-San was able to arrange the whole situation... hats off anyway. Really impressive

Vally

Oooh! Oooh! Pick me! Pick me!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Welcome aboard
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Unfortunately won´t be around too long, familiar & working circumstances make it impossible to play the game when it´s released, so I´ll vanish from here on August 31 before the game is released tho avoid any "nuclear" spoilers.

Just a couple of notes:

1. #TeamA. Alwalys

2. Cannavero is IN.
Still not sure how Hideo-San was able to arrange the whole situation... hats off anyway. Really impressive

Welcome!

hypotc

Heads up:

New Metal Gear Rex Half-Sized Figure can now be pre-ordered! It's $230 with free worldwide shipping.

The iconic METAL GEAR REX returns by popular demand! This time in a Half-Size Edition much friendlier for smaller spaces. REX retains the Light-Up system and incredible level of detail as its larger counterpart! The half-size edition features improved articulation including the ability to turn its head. Hatches on the knees and back-unit open and close - no removal necessary!

DIMENSIONS
Rail Gun Length - 11.59inches (29.45cm)
Resting Height - 8.35 inches (20.95cm)
Width - 7.35 inches (18.68cm)

Looks really great. I'm buying one!

Just a couple of notes:

1. #TeamA. Alwalys

2. Cannavero is IN.

Welcome, Brothaaa! :smugface:

Pinewood

Just a couple of notes:

1. #TeamA. Alwalys

2. Cannavero is IN.

No problem really. We can always pm you the more important spoilers
leuhkikcskn4.gif

And welcome

Mexen

So how sure are we that we won't see SS in TPP as both a teenager and an adult. What's to stop Kojima from giving us younger SS and ending the game with MG1 SS voiced by DBH.

Nibel

Heads up:

New Metal Gear Rex Half-Sized Figure can now be pre-ordered! It's $230 with free worldwide shipping.

Looks really great. I'm buying one!

Absolutely badass, damn.

Hope Sn4ke will take images of the one he'll purchase ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Venom Fox

Banned
So how sure are we that we won't see SS in TPP as both a teenager and an adult. What's to stop Kojima from giving us younger SS and ending the game with MG1 SS voiced by DBH.
I'm 100% sure Solid Snake is in as an Adult.

I posted my reasons last page.

But there is one more thing, remember that fan made Metal Gear 1 remake that was initially endorsed by Konami? Last year Konami just went all out and denounced the whole thing and said the team were to stop making it.

They were nearly finished with it...

Usually companies put a cease and desist in straight away but Konami officially said the team could do it.

In my opinion they stopped the team because it wouldn't have made sense to have this fan remake with the original story in and then have the player play a revised OH and revised story in MGSV.

Edit: David Hayter was helping write the script FFS!
They even got help from these guys as well:

Adhem Belkhadra from Ubisoft (Gears of War, Just Dance, the Cursed Crusade, etc.) working on the level mapping.
Kaue Lemos from Insane Games (Earth Under Seige, Bubble Up, etc.) working on the sound effects.
Orion Acaba (Fire Emblem, Infamous series, etc.) working on the voice acting.
Paul Eiding (Roy Campbell) was also on board in a cameo.

They even let this team have David Hayter do the voice acting for Solid Snake.
I thought Konami sacked David?
I know this is a fan remake but still, if they fucked him off for TPP and got Sutherland in as a replacement then why let David do a Remake in which the original didn't even have voice actors?

Because we will be playing as a young Solid Snake and
Because David Hayter IS in MGSV!

Pinewood

If anything, this means that MG1 is in TPP. Taken with a grain of salt. But you cant deduct that David is in.

And there might be a number of other reasons too.

Pinewood

That's what I was saying lol, i just didn't directly put it in the post :)

Oh yeah, Im just clarifying that this doesnt mean David is in. There might be other reasons as well. The next MGS might have been given a green light last year and that might be a MG1 remake, for example.

Venom Fox

Banned
Oh yeah, Im just clarifying that this doesnt mean David is in. There might be other reasons as well. The next MGS might have been given a green light last year and that might be a MG1 remake, for example.
Yeah, I fully understand, what I can't understand is why Konami would allow David Hayters voice to be in a MG remake as Solid Snake but swap Big Boss's for Keifer?

The most logical solution to me would be that BB and SS will both appear together in MGSV and it'd make no sense to have Keifer as both or David as both.
The same as what everybody has been saying since David was swapped with Keifer.

As well imo, If they allowed David to continue to be SS in a game supposedly set after MGSV then it means that it's for continuity, which also logically to me means that David Hayter is Solid Snake in MGSV.

Pinewood

Naah. They cant decide if David can be in a fan remake or not, assuming he has no legally binding agreements.

The change for Keifer came for other reasons (and justifiably so). If you are still unconvinced of Keifer, I suggest watching 24. Im doing that now, and man is Keifer the right man for the job. Furthermore, 24 at times feels like a Metal Gear tv series.

Houndi101

Naah. They cant decide if David can be in a fan remake or not, assuming he has no legally binding agreements.

The change for Keifer came for other reasons (and justifiably so). If you are still unconvinced of Keifer, I suggest watching 24. Im doing that now, and man is Keifer the right man for the job. Furthermore, 24 at times feels like a Metal Gear tv series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRB0i9-AUQs

Honestly this voice over is the thing that sold me on Kiefer
But goddamn if he wasn't lackluster in Ground Zeroes

Venom Fox

Banned

They can't decide if David can be in a remake? Where is this? Have you got a link?

You didn't read the whole post.

I didn't say that David will be Big Boss, I accept Keifer, I think he's a perfect fit for the character he's portraying.

I simply outlined the reasons why I am in Team A and will be until the moment comes on September the 1st.

Pinewood

They can't decide if David can be in a remake? Where is this? Have you got a link?

You didn't read the whole post.

I didn't say that David will be Big Boss, I accept Keifer, I think he's a perfect fit for the character he's portraying.

I simply outlined the reasons why I am in Team A and will be until the moment comes on September the 1st.

Well it seems logical that it isnt Konamis business who is involved in a non profit fan remake, especially when they said it is ok previously.

Was it even confirmed that David will be in that project? He could have only done the trailer VA. Being in talks doesnt mean anything.

Houndi101

? Not at all, why do you think this? It's a normal TV channel, actually one of the major TV channels in Italy.

Can't screenshot it right now but like 7 of the 10 items on the page are about Flash, Arrow, DC Comics Superheroes and superhero movies

Edit To be honest I was trying to find the program schedule of the channel so I could try to find out what program and at what time does Sergio Canavero appear... for research...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
? Not at all, why do you think this? It's a normal TV channel, actually one of the major TV channels in Italy. They are only promoting their on-going series, like The Flash and Arrow, and there are also a couple of links from an initiative related to DC universe happened some days ago in Italy in collaboration with Gamestop, if I remember correctly.

I'm recording all non-fiction shows on that channel today, but I don't speak Italian. I can provide the footage for translation afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom