• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

A finnish previewer complains about lack of variety in side missions and the zones, the firefights are still not good (he thinks one should "just stick to the sneaking"), also apparently the game had alot of bugs and his hunch is Kojima and team don't have enough time to fix them all especially in a sandbox game.

Other than that he seems quite hyped.

For a game this big, rescuing, assassination, info retrieval, sabotage, hunt for predator sounds cassette tapes might get old for some. We need to go Kiefer deeper and build your own Metal Gears and plant that shit on MB, hell call them in as buddies, find special water to shower in so the next battle leaves you spotless "Konami Water, Spotless, Always." Have like arcade machines for "VR" training on the base, find special machines with easter eggs that award a lil sum'n sum'n. Get balloons of the Konami logo that makes soldiers run away or get angry. I'm just ranting. I'll stop.
I'm sorry ( ._.)

Mexen

That fucking spoiler.

( ._.) Oh, yeah, that.

1373842224391.jpg

OldLogos

Banned
( ._.) Oh, yeah, that.

Personally I'm don't think this lends ANY credibility to the head transplant/BB is Grey Fox theories for one reason: Kojima has stated multiple times that he's been trying to do something different with Snake this game, namely make it more of an avatar for the player than a character himself.

Kojima's choice to use Kiefer and the lack of Snake's dialog was because of this. By acting with one's face instead of one's words you close the sort of vicarious divide between the player and protagonist.

Changing your face at the beginning of the game (i imagine you're only able to slightly - different nose, different scars, bigger/smaller eyes - so no Dark Souls esque monsters) is perfectly in line with his intentions to allow the player to better become snake and, to me, seems like the best explanation for this feature.

Banzai

I honestly don't believe "that" spoiler was story-related at all. Wouldn't it be the worst plot twist in the history of plot twists if it really was revealed by a
character creator in the beginning of the game
? It must have something to do with MGO.

On the other hand, haven't read about this info anywhere else, which would fit into the story details embargo...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That quote from IGN:

In a lot of ways, Metal Gear Solid 5 is the perfect union of the exterior areas born in Metal Gear Solid 3 and the tight, episodic mission-based structure of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

c2hKGuU.png

Hmmm.

Can anyone explain me what is going? Why is Neogaf melting?

Yesterday 5 years ago Peace Walker came out in NA, but let's just say it's a teaser for MGSV :p

OldLogos

Banned
Where be all the previews?

All over, Brau posted Kotaku's and a link to a few others a few pages back. There's a pretty good writeup of the news on Reddit

Honestly i didn't feel like i learned anything that hadn't already been known - save for the sort of story spoiler Brazil dropped. Dat MGO news drop on 6/16 dough....

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
All over, Brau posted Kotaku's and a link to a few others a few pages back. There's a pretty good writeup of the news on Reddit

Honestly i didn't feel like i learned anything that hadn't already been known - save for the sort of story spoiler Brazil dropped. Dat MGO news drop on 6/16 dough....

Probably most people are making videos instead of actually writing articles.

Cheers, guys! I'll take a ganders.

Rajang

Boke1879

it's making me nervous a bit... like why isn't anyone talking about the previews in droves?

They are but we already got the gist of it when they were able to tweet out about it at the preview event. Again we got most of the info from the magazines. They aren't allowed to talk about story spoilers so we pretty much know all of the gameplay at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom