• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowdive

Banned
Videogamer mention you can press yourself against the ground and hold your breath when enemies get close, which is a cool addition.

The most interesting Part in that preview for me was:

"Alerting a guard or enemy soldier won’t spawn a barrage of NPCs running their way with guns blazing, instead the game will react smartly and dynamically meaning guards may choose to approach you solo should they feel brave, or change their minds and call for reinforcements if they feel unmatched."

Sounds good.

So does this:

In MGSV, the AI has been improved enormously, and the greatest change is the addition of unpredictable movements when soldiers are not aware of Snake. In previous games you could watch them perform the same patrols again and again. In MGSV they have patrol paths, but within these they’ll pause at random points, occasionally chat to each other, and have a terrifying propensity to check over their shoulders just when you’re creeping up from behind.

Steelbook edition.

CHOe-vgVAAE_Aen.png:large

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00ZCMWSU6/

The CE one is so lame compared to this.

Chinner

Banned
omg so excite wot snke is fox so deep kojima planning 20 years in advance woah so intelligent he is so brilliant when he said FOX DIE because there are foxes in this game and also people die but what if this red text means interesting point etc etc

Vally

Vally why do you always post these cunt's twitter, you only encouraging them.

I don't know, I found that picture funny. And I like to watch their videos if only for the ridiculousness of their theories, I always get a good laugh from them. I can see how some people might not like these guys but you can always choose to not watch their videos, I guess.

thabtoUK

who knows?
I tweeted Kurtis Simpson to see if Konami asked him to edit the
Big Boss face-changing references
from his original Gaming Bolt preview:

http://twitter.com/thabtoUK/status/609067457270194178

"Hey Kurtis, did @KonamiUK ask you to edit the
Big Boss' face-changing references
in your Phantom Pain preview? ;-)"

Although Simpson has since deleted his tweets and blocked me, the original replies can be seen here:

http://imgur.com/52mVv51

Simpson: "I have no idea what this pissface is talking about"

thabtoUK: "Are you referring to me asking you about your Phantom Pain preview being edited to remove the
Big Boss face changing features?
"

Simpson: "Genrally don't reply to accounts I'm not even sure is real. But no Konami didn't ask that. It's called being considerate."

Just to reiterate, Simpson's original replies have now been deleted and he's blocked me from following his Twitter feed.

This means that unfortunately, I can't follow up on these Tweets.

However, please feel free to follow up on these tweets on my behalf, I'd appreciate it ;-)

LowParry

6 minutes. Hmmm. That's a lot of time to spoil something. Decisions decisions. Meh. We're not gonna get a trailer like this anymore. Why not right? Let's do this Kojima!

Tzmhero

So, I'm playing MGS4 for the first time and just finished the Chapter 3 mission brief where Naomi talks about Big Boss being in a coma. I find it kind of interesting that BB is once again in a coma after he spent 9 years in one between GZ and TPP. Weird coincidence that it's been 9 years since Shadow Moses in the MGS series by the time 4 is going on. I wonder if that was intentional for any reason?

Kindekuma

Banned
So, I'm playing MGS4 for the first time and just finished the Chapter 3 mission brief where Naomi talks about Big Boss being in a coma. I find it kind of interesting that BB is once again in a coma after he spent 9 years in one between GZ and TPP. Weird coincidence that it's been 9 years since Shadow Moses in the MGS series by the time 4 is going on. I wonder if that was intentional for any reason?

BB was only in a coma once. After the events of MG2:SS, he was kept in suspended animation. He was apparently only in the coma before the events of PW that of which began the experiment to create Solid and Liquid. Kojima even acknowledged that he was only in a coma once deep into MGSV development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom