• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome !

0dJDP0w.gif

SteveTR

I've been thinking about the end of the first trailer. I don't think Solid Snake is one of the two people. I think
Solidus Snake
is one of them. The other is Liquid, without question.

Also, do you think
Quiet
and the
Navajo code talker
are related in any way?

Anyone else conflicted on the shot of "two Elis"?

I mean on one hand, I don't see how it makes sense that they would show two of him, let alone with the line "Zero called them Les Enfant Terribles" if it wasn't a tease at young Solid. On the other hand, I don't understand why they would make them look exactly the same even as far as clothing goes... it's all a bit trippy for me. There's nothing to distinguish them in that scene. For all we know the one that attacked Big Boss could be Solid and not liquid if that's really him.

You've also got to take into consideration that neither Solid or Liquid remembered meeting in Metal Gear Solid 1. Even from Liquid's perspective he had a line "After thirty long years finally the two of us meet, the brother of light and the brother of dark." I've heard some people bring up a "brainwashing theory" which I suppose could work as it's definitely part of the story, but it's still a bit odd that Liquid still remembers he hated Big Boss but can't remember meeting his twin. Even stranger with David never remembering any of this mess.

And while Snake as a natural blond is something that certain fans have asserted before due to that one interrogation briefing clip, I just don't think it makes sense outside of the context of that mission that he'd ever "dye" his hair more than just once. I mean, why did he during the Outer Heaven or Zanzibar Land missions? There was no Liquid there to mistake for him, and neither was there in the Tanker or Plant missions. So in modern canon (until mgsv) I would definitely have settled on him being brunet, so unless his hair just goes darker whereas Liquid doesn't thats just weird.

Actually being real, this trailer had so many bizarre things it might not even be worth speculating as the whole thing might just be a coma dream in the end. I mean... Paz!? What the hell. This game is full kojima madness.

Heh yeah, but I just assumed they were recording some cassette tapes that took place before she died for you to collect in a Cipher building or something.

Embearded

Watched the trailers a couple hours ago. Damn guys, that was intense! Loved the monologues and the whole language thing. I've been asking myself something similar to that for years but never really searched for an answer.

I don't know what to think about what I saw. Some things are hallucinations, others are mantis tricks and some are MGS supernatural stuff but I can't tell what is what!

I'm afraid we've seen too much though... When I played GZ I was waiting to see something new but apart from Paz exploding, everything else was shown during trailers. It was disappointing and I hope it won't happen with TPP too.

LowParry

I'm afraid we've seen too much though... When I played GZ I was waiting to see something new but apart from Paz exploding, everything else was shown during trailers. It was disappointing and I hope it won't happen with TPP too.

We haven't seen shit. lol - Can you tell us what's going on? Can anyone? No? Then we're good :D

I mentioned this in the trailer thread but I'm so, so pleased with the theme Kojima is going for with this game. It's interesting, relevant, and almost entirely untouched in popular media.

Fuck guys, so I'm supposed to be on media blackout. How spoilery is this trailer because everyone is telling me its hype and I can't take it.

I actually don't think its too spoilery. There's definitely some new stuff, but most is just variations on what we've seen before. The biggest new information is the voice over that delves into the theme of the game.

Full of spoilers, but as usual you'll walk away with more questions than answers.

I actually don't think its too spoilery. There's definitely some new stuff, but most is just variations on what we've seen before. The biggest new information is the voice over that delves into the theme of the game.
Well shit, I still don't know what to do lol. A month and a half is a loooooong time.....

Palpable

I certainly hope that song Elegia is a collectable cassette tape in the game, even though it came out in 1985, a year after the game takes place.

Kindekuma

Banned
Well shit, I still don't know what to do lol. A month and a half is a loooooong time.....

Strat I made a point of saying this in the main trailer thread, but as someone who's played all the games and know the story like I got a history degree in it, I have absolutely no idea what's happening in that trailer. I have so many questions. I wouldn't say anythings a spoiler, I just can't assume anything is actually real or an illusion in that game.

Go watch it.

I certainly hope that song Elegia is a collectable cassette tape in the game, even though it came out in 1985, a year after the game takes place.

PS3, 360 people don't have to worry. Probably PC people too when modding comes into play incase we don't get custom music on that platform.

Beautiful thread, Vally.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Trailer was excellent. The second trailer got me just as pumped in a lot of ways. Seeing how the day/night cycle and dynamic weather system affect cutscenes -- many of the same scenes we saw last year, now at a different time of day under various conditions; looked beautiful. The bit with Quiet at the end was classic MGS. Can't wait for the gameplay (assuming the Famitsu translation is an accurate one)!

Rajang

Beautiful thread, Vally.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Trailer was excellent. The second trailer got me just as pumped in a lot of ways. Seeing how the day/night cycle and dynamic weather system affect cutscenes -- many of the same scenes we saw last year, now at a different time of day under various conditions; looked beautiful. The bit with Quiet at the end was classic MGS. Can't wait for the gameplay (assuming the Famitsu translation is an accurate one)!

Welcome back.

Beautiful thread, Vally.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Welcome back LD !

LowParry

You owe it to yourself to watch. If you're worried about boss battle reveals, etc., not sign of them. It's a lot of talking and scenes that pretty much make no sense at all. We can sit all day and talk about the trailer and make theories but at the end of the day, we'll never know until we get to play. In the mean time, are you fucking hyped up for some TLG/FFVIIRe/Shenmue3 reveals soon!@!?

Edit: Oh hell, don't forget. Gears 4! Mass Effect. Starrrrrrr Warrrrrrrrrrs!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Beautiful thread, Vally.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Welcome back!

en_postimage.jpg

Rean

Beautiful thread, Vally.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Slackin

Embearded

We haven't seen shit. lol - Can you tell us what's going on? Can anyone? No? Then we're good :D

It's not just about knowing what's going on, I have a thirst for new footage. Even if I watch every cutscene in random order and I can't connect anything, I wanna see plenty new footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom