• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
So, I don't get this whole separate base being attacked mechanic.

Is it the same base that we build that's copied but whatever resources that get stolen aren't from our main base.
(As in our main base is copied into a second base but only the second, copied base is attacked and that doesn't have an effect on our main base?)

You still following me?

Or do we have to build 2 separate bases and manage both of them?

If we build 2 separate bases then I have a feeling one of them will be OH.

So, I don't get this whole separate base being attacked mechanic.

Is it the same base that we build but whatever resources that get stolen aren't from our main base.

Or do we have to build 2 separate bases and manage both of them?

If we build 2 separate bases then I have a feeling one of them will be OH.

You build extra sea bases, so they can be used in the multiplayer feature, make up whatever plot reason you want but it won't be Outer Heaven.

The main base can get attacked by in-game factions, I think.

Venom Fox

Banned
You build extra sea bases, so they can be used in the multiplayer feature, make up whatever plot reason you want but it won't be Outer Heaven.
So we have to split resources that we gather and build our main base plus other MP bases.

Why would Kojima show the new, updated Outer Heaven insignia in the nuclear trailer if it wasn't going to feature In the game?

So we have to split resources that we gather and build our main base plus other MP bases.

Why would Kojima show the new, updated Outer Heaven insignia in the nuclear trailer if it wasn't going to feature In the game?

Outer Heaven will probably feature in the game but it probably wont be motherbase.

Well that might be another thing but we don't know about that yet, all the things they've talked about and shown are sea bases and OH is meant to be a small nation in Africa.

Venom Fox

Banned
Outer Heaven will probably feature in the game but it probably wont be motherbase.
No that's what I'm trying to say.

In OT2 I explained why I thought OH would feature in TPP.

Anyway in my opinion, the half underground base that we see Eli attacking BB in the Rex look alike is or will become OH.
This base also features in the Nuclear trailer.

No that's what I'm trying to say.

In OT2 I explained why I thought OH would feature in TPP.

Anyway in my opinion, the half underground base that we see Eli attacking BB in the Rex look alike is or will become OH.
This base also features in the Nuclear trailer.

That place looks like it's in Afghanistan, especially in the new trailer when it gets stuck between the rocks.
And a guy who previewed the game said
you see the back of a Metal Gear in one of the early Afghanistan missions

Venom Fox

Banned
That place looks like it's in Afghanistan, especially in the new trailer when it gets stuck between the rocks.
And a guy who previewed the game said
you see the back of a Metal Gear in one of the early Afghanistan missions
I thought it looked like Africa, the African map isn't only jungle as we have seen.

It'd be a shame if Outer Heaven didn't feature.
Have you got a link to the preview?

I thought it looked like Africa, the African map isn't only jungle as we have seen.

It'd be a shame if Outer Heaven didn't feature.
Have you got a link to the preview?

Can't find it right now but it has nothing to do with whether OH is in the game or not. They tease an MG near the beginning of all of the games. Where do you think SF and BB are headed when they're riding in a truck together?

I have absolutely no desire to make use of the buddy system or many of the gimmicks and gadgets during my first playthrough of TPP. To me, it wouldn't feel like Metal Gear if I did use them.

I'm much more fond of the idea of taking on each mission as a one man army -- no assistance -- as Snake has always done.

Anyone else share that sentiment?

I have absolutely no desire to make use of the buddy system or many of the gimmicks and gadgets during my first playthrough of TPP. To me, it wouldn't feel like Metal Gear if I did use them.

I'm much more fond of the idea of taking on each mission as a one man army -- no assistance -- as Snake has always done.

Not even the horse?

Palpable

I don't get the whole 'there are 4 extra seats on the helicopter so you can have up to 4 buddies with you' thing. I don't think D-Walker and D-Horse will fit in the helicopter on those seats...

TheBoss1

That's the beauty of this game. You have options. They aren't necessary.

I do. I plan on playing this game as stoically as possible. No buddies (except D-horse), no shitting on command,no tranquilizer, no fulton, no reflex mode, no HUD, no marking, no suppressors on primary weapons, no normal difficulty. Anything that I can do to get the experience as close to the pax 2012 demo as possible. If microtransactions will allow me to expand motherbase without having to attach a silly baloon people and things then I'll go that route. A military leader shouldn't have to kidnap people to join his cause, his prowess and legend should prompt people to join.

Muffdraul

Nope, I'm not at all precious about that aspect of the game. Can't wait to put my buddies to good use.

Palpable

I do. I plan on playing this game as stoically as possible. No buddies (except D-horse), no shitting on command,no tranquilizer, no fulton, no reflex mode, no HUD, no marking, no suppressors on primary weapons, no normal difficulty. Anything that I can do to get the experience as close to the pax 2012 demo as possible. If microtransactions will allow me to expand motherbase without having to attach a silly baloon people and things then I'll go that route. A military leader shouldn't have to kidnap people to join his cause, his prowess and legend should prompt people to join.

Have you played PW? Plenty of volunteers apply.

Why stop there? How about no guns, no vehicles, no grenades or explosives, no CQC, no running, no stalking. Just crawling and roleplay as a snake, slithering around on your belly. Love being hardcore, makes me feel so alive!

Kazuhira

I do. I plan on playing this game as stoically as possible. No buddies (except D-horse), no shitting on command,no tranquilizer, no fulton, no reflex mode, no HUD, no marking, no suppressors on primary weapons, no normal difficulty.

I´ll do it too but maybe in my 2nd or 3rd playthrough.
But first i want to experience/use all the features and options this game has to offer.
Btw i hope there´s a "Extreme/Euro Extreme" mode because "hard" wasn´t enough in GZ.

Venom Fox

Banned
Can't find it right now but it has nothing to do with whether OH is in the game or not. They tease an MG near the beginning of all of the games. Where do you think SF and BB are headed when they're riding in a truck together?
It's ok, ill try and find it.

I disagree, the OH logo in the nuclear trailer shows during the scene where BB and skull face are riding towards the Metal gear.
Seems like a hint to me.

And we couldn't see the base during that scene so I don't personally know.
We could be along side Skull face during a few missions, not just that one.

Have you played PW? Plenty of volunteers apply.

Playing pw was simply a chore and nothing more. I'm aware that volunteers join but you had to build up mb to a certain point in order for that to happen and to build up mb you had to fulton people. It was more monster hunter than metal gear and as much as I appreciate the fact that kojima wants to inject aspects into the series to give it life and evolve the gameplay, I was not a fan of the grindy nature of the game b/c it was designed to be played with other people. It was metal gear at its most Japanese. I know its a videogame, it has to have depth no matter how shiny its graphical fidelity, but (call me old fashioned) I would prefer to inhabit the digital character with their viewpoint in mind and do things as they would.

Shy

I'm kicking myself for not ordering the collector's edition.
You can still pre-order it from from Konami style, i don't think it's sold out on there yet, but you would have to a middleman service, because the site doesn't accept foreign cards and won't ship outside Japan.

It's ok, ill try and find it.

I disagree, the OH logo in the nuclear trailer shows during the scene where BB and skull face are riding towards the Metal gear.
Seems like a hint to me.

And we couldn't see the base during that scene so I don't personally know.
We could be along side Skull face during a few missions, not just that one.

We could, but I think the OH was a bit of cheeky misdirection, just like saying 'Les enfants terribles' over a weird scene of two Elis is going to turn out to be misdirection.

This was brought up on Reddit recently. If this scene (pictured below) was shown prior to MGS3's release, what conclusions would you all have jumped to? Don't worry. Nothing is too embarrassing for a Metal Gear fan!

8Rg0ri1.png

Mine would be: GRAY FOX IN MGS3? BODY DOUBLE THEORY ANALYZED.

Good luck with that.

Dawg

what's this???

no guns

no stealth

no technology

no fun

logitech wheel controller only

final destination

To summarise:
Yong saw a demo of mission 4 where you have to disable or destroy some satellite dishes.
They chose to start the mission via helicopter drop instead of travelling to a start point in freeroam.
There was another interpreter side op which sounds like the real version you'll get in the game, while the palace version was something built for the demo.
Exfiltrating by land will put you in freeroam.

Pad for 7 minutes and serve.

-Deimos

To summarise:
Yong saw a demo of mission 4 where you have to disable or destroy some satellite dishes.
They chose to start the mission via helicopter drop instead of travelling to a start point in freeroam.
There was another interpreter side op which sounds like the real version you'll get in the game, while the palace version was something built for the demo.
Exfiltrating by land will put you in freeroam.

Pad for 7 minutes and serve.

Another interesting bit: If there are multiple communication dishes, there may be a terminal that links them all together which you can destroy instead destroying each dish individually.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PHANTOM PAIN ACHIEVEMENTS LEAKED.... TIME TO LEAVE THE FUCKING INTERNET!!!

Seriously how the hell did this happen this early?? ...wtf the game is still over 2 months away.

lol at people complaining about spoilers in the leaked achievement thread. Firstly, don't go into a thread about a leak if you're spoiler sensitive and secondly, there's jack shit spoilers in there.

-Deimos

PHANTOM PAIN ACHIEVEMENTS LEAKED.... TIME TO LEAVE THE FUCKING INTERNET!!!

Seriously how the hell did this happen this early?? ...wtf the game is still over 2 months away.
2 months isn't that long, seems like the perfect time for an achievement leak. I wonder when the ending leak will happen though...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
welp with those achievements leaked its time for me to leave MGS gaf for now, see everyone September 15th

what's this???

no guns

no stealth

no technology

no fun

logitech wheel controller only

final destination

Giving in to memetic information?

Contributing to to the sea of never ending digital garbage the vg director you idolize warned us about?

............how does it feel to be directly plugged into the internet and utilize an animal obsessed trend you never started?

I guess the 21st is the right decade for you?

I'm gonna go fuck a meat grinder.

Mexen

This was brought up on Reddit recently. If this scene (pictured below) was shown prior to MGS3's release, what conclusions would you all have jumped to? Don't worry. Nothing is too embarrassing for a Metal Gear fan!

8Rg0ri1.png

Mine would be: GRAY FOX IN MGS3? BODY DOUBLE THEORY ANALYZED.

I beat the MGS games I got to play in this order:
  1. MGS3
  2. MGS2
  3. MGS1
  4. MGS4
  5. Peace Walker

If I had seen that image prior to the release of MGS 3, I've have thought double-replacement spy stuff but I would not have known who was replacing Big Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom