• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Get that one. I bought a similar one with the XOF logo at Gamescom last year. One of my favorite shirts!

koszulka-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-fox-czarna-roz-l-01.jpg

me and prince gon buy all the mgs merchandise at gamescom dis year

#yolo

I just did my first no kill run in Ground Zeros story mission. 0 kills and 0 alerts.
Took me an hour the finish the mission though. Overall rating B. Score 36200.
How does the score system work here?

I was never spotted, I have total Stealth Completions: 1 and total No-Kill Completions: 1, but then below it says Total Stealth, No-Kill Completions: 0.
Anyone know why?

Did you trigger reflex mode at all?

Also, the score system is funny in Ground Zeroes. The time taken to complete the mission is a large contributing factor. On normal, you can actually get away with killing a few guards as long as you complete it fast enough. If you want an S rank you have to be prepared to complete the mission in about 20 minutes. Also, rescuing prisoners can help to up your rank as well.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
If I understand correctly, I can get an S-Rank if I complete the mission fast enough,and I am allowed to kill the guards?

-Plasma Reus-

How important is saving prisoners in the ground zeroes mission?
I have 0 alerts, killed 2 guards, finished the mission in 15 mins. But that's a Rank A, not an S. Do I have to save all prisoners for an S?

Mumford

I have 0 alerts, killed 2 guards, finished the mission in 15 mins. But that's a Rank A, not an S. Do I have to save all prisoners for an S?

No you don't. I got an S rank last week while only saving Chico and Paz. I think your downfall was the 2 guards killed. I don't have the greatest understanding of the ranking system, but it seems to me that it's pretty easy to not get an S rank.

Rajang

You don't need to save all prisoners for S ranks. Too many retries or using reflex mode also reduce alot of points.

When I do the main mission on hard I only save Paz and Chico and always get S rank with no alerts, but I dont use reflex or have many retries and I also don't kill anyone.

Saving prisoners gets you alot of points though, so if you do kill multiple enemies just try to save prisoners to get your rating back up again. But if you don't kill anyone and have no alerts and you finish the mission within 15 minutes you should always get an s rank.

No you don't. I got an S rank last week while only saving Chico and Paz. I think your downfall was the 2 guards killed. I don't have the greatest understanding of the ranking system, but it seems to me that it's pretty easy to not get an S rank.

Rescuing prisoners would've made up for the fact he killed two guards.

-Plasma Reus-

What's the best way to eliminate the two guards in the area where Paz is held? I mean the ones that are at the bottom of the stairs that the camera is surveilling. I generally shoot the camera, but find it difficult to get those two guys because you can't get a good view of them. In all my attempts, I've only actually killed them 2 times. But it was very difficult every single time to shoot both of them with a tranq with the bad field of view.

Does the flare grenade have any knock out properties? I am thinking of using that one when I am there next.

cr0wley

Banned
What's the best way to eliminate the two guards in the area where Paz is held? I mean the ones that are at the bottom of the stairs that the camera is surveilling. I generally shoot the camera, but find it difficult to get those two guys because you can't get a good view of them. In all my attempts, I've only actually killed them 2 times. But it was very difficult every single time to shoot both of them with a tranq with the bad field of view.

Does the flare grenade have any knock out properties? I am thinking of using that one when I am there next.

You're honestly better off just sneaking past them constantly.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oooo I didn't think about that. Good catch!

I mean
it could simply be a narrative excuse for why Strangelove isn't in the game (we haven't seen her in any if the cutscene trailers),
but it does seem odd. At the very least,
if Huey does betray BB, I don't think it would be on purpose. Similar to how Otacon got the info about Metal Gear Ray from EE in MGS2 and led Snake into a trap.

On another note, what's the deal between Punished Snake and Venom Snake? Will BB take on both identities at some point?

So you got Chico first? After you get to Paz the guards mention someone checking her vital signs?

You don't have to, but you gain a tremendous amount of points for rescuing them all. It makes getting an S Rank much easier.

Palpable

Just turn off the power to the admin building and sneaking will be 100x easier.

-Plasma Reus-

I will record my gameplay on twitch later tomorrow and give a link to show you guys what I am doing.
And yes, I get Chico first. Then paz. I don't take vehicles. I walk. Sneak past the security camera that is on the right side of the road towards the gate. Go under it. Tranq all guards in the area of the gate. Enter on the right wall of the gate area, etc.

Yeah I do this too. It only shuts off power within the building so it doesn't matter how you entered
I usually get Paz first but lately I've been trying to improve on the no weapons trials. After Chico I take the truck but hop off at the gate and enter the door to the right. Then go back that way with Paz and sneak around the perimeter of the helipad and make my way to where the mission started.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No instant alert.

This initiated a sequence where time slowed down, and I had just a few seconds to aim and try to tranquilize the enemy before he was able to call for backup. I missed, and he started to call backup. However, calling backup does take some time, so I was able to put him down while he was in the middle of this call. Once he was down, I waited around to see if any other soldiers answered his half-plea for help. Thankfully, only one enemy came, and I quickly took care of him.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-v-the-phantom-pain-preview-e3-2015/#/slide/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom