• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CH3KbtwUMAAzQC7.jpg:large

'no traces' bonus is a great addition. ( presumably can't throw magazines/make noises etc ) There's some impressive playthroughs of Ground Zeroes which do this.

Sn4ke_911

Awesome! It seems that some parts of the old-school scoring system are back. What's the source?

As I said in the other thread, I rather not link the source because in that tweet she proudly tells us what she did in that mission and that is a spoiler... *facepalm*

We can at least hope for some Co-Op DLC. Maybe even some kind of MGO PvE...? Pwty Pls Kojima?

Also, wasn't there some kind of hint of Co-Op...? Not sure how trustworthy this is...

I'm a bit gutted there's no co-op if i'm honest. Even if you kept it out of the main missions it would've been fun to free-roam/do side ops with a friend.

They kept everything from Peace Walker except the best feature >_>

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
You can co-op in MGO ༼ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽

wilsonda

'no traces' bonus is a great addition. ( presumably can't throw magazines/make noises etc ) There's some impressive playthroughs of Ground Zeroes which do this.

Yea I love the no traces bonus... I tried this with GZ and it was super fun ...except I did use magazines ... maybe that will be my new challenge before tpp arrives

Hello OuterGAF. I finally made it, I'm a member now lol. I remember my first post here declaring my allegiance to OuterGAF, and it was fun watching the debates here.

We've watched you grow up so much since you've been here. We are so proud. *single tear*

Congrats! Finally people won't arbitrarily ignore your opinions in other threads. That was one of my favorite things here as a junior, no one treated you any differently and some huge contributors will bore the mark.

Oh wait. Holy fuck I'm a member now. Think I'll celebrate........with some Cambodian breast milk.

*honorary ear pull competition*

That is how I show respect. It's our shared "blood of the East."

As I said in the other thread, I rather not link the source because in that tweet she proudly tells us what she did in that mission and that is a spoiler... *facepalm*

Sure, thanks for post :)

Found the source now, lol. Was that even allowed, didn't they all agree to a strict NDA?

We've watched you grow up so much since you've been here. We are so proud. *single tear*

Congrats! Finally people won't arbitrarily ignore your opinions in other threads. That was one of my favorite things here as a junior, no one treated you any differently and some huge contributors will bore the mark.

*honorary ear pull competition*

That is how I show respect. It's our shared "blood of the East."

" You wanna pull each others ears?"

I've come full circle.

I joined GAF around the time (and entirely because of) the Moby Dick trailer. My first post was a theory about the Flaming Nuclear Whale. here it is:

T_T
I think I find your bit about him being obsessed with acquiring nuclear weapons more interesting than just him getting revenge. I like that.

I could see BB risking everything and everyone for his obsessions like Ahab.

Sn4ke_911

Sure, thanks for post :)

Found the source now, lol. Was that even allowed, didn't they all agree to a strict NDA?

Pretty sure she was not, I believe they were allowed to talk up to mission 6 and nothing more.

Maybe Tora or Robert can look into it.

It's a real dick move posting something this bold with no warning...

Pretty sure she was not, I believe they were allowed to talk up to mission 6 and nothing more.

Maybe Tora or Robert can look into it.

It's a real dick move posting something this bold with no warning...

It could ruin the game or spoil some imporant parts of the plot for people who have been wanting to stay away from exactly these kind of things.

Definitely a rather idiotic move because of the fact that she spoils some important parts and isn't even allowed because of the NDA.

Sn4ke_911

Well how about that, it's finally done processing the stream after a mere 3 hours of encoding :)
Anyway, there you have it, 40 minutes of gameplay 1080p 60 fps, with a 30mbits bitrate. 8.7 GB video, it's a record for us at least :)
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_40_minutes_of_metal_gear_solid_v-16770_en.html
Stream and bittorrent only.

Donkeys confirmed!

2015-06-1919_26_12-adnqknc.png

I wonder what the hell is going on with the soldiers and goats in the bottom left corner hahaha.

2015-06-1919_14_12-adatspb.png

Oh wait, that must be the zoo from mother base but what is he doing with all those goats and sheeps hahahaha.

2015-06-1919_20_25-ads3xef.png

The attention to detail is just insane.

2015-06-1919_41_09-adxtrss.png

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
cant wait to put DDoge into food department ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Dawg

Åesop;169060812 said:

You best hope I don't find your mother base because I swear to god I will raid all your food supplies, make you eat your own men just so you have food and then I'll send you back to the stone age by using the only nuke I have on your base. And once all of this is done... and your character is still alive... I'll allow... I'll allow my fully upgraded Diamond Dog to piss on your face.

Ryan_MSF

You best hope I don't find your mother base because I swear to god I will raid all your food supplies, make you eat your own men just so you have food and then I'll send you back to the stone age by using the only nuke I have on your base. And once all of this is done... and your character is still alive... I'll allow... I'll allow my fully upgraded Diamond Dog to piss on your face.

rd3aDw5r4LJU53dw.png

Kindekuma

Banned

Jesus.

3e3.gif

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

First you'll have to make it through my upgraded claymore-horsepoop valley (ง ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

Åesop;169060812 said:

Big Boss said:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about DD, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Green Berets, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids in Tselinoyarsk, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in close quarters combat and I’m the Big Boss of Diamond Dogs. You are nothing to me but just another fulton target. I will tranq you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my vast network of soldiers across Mother Base and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can capture you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Diamond Dogs and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

BB is angry ;)

There's one very short scene in the new trailer which is my absolute favourite

It shows
Big Boss driving all bloodied trying to escape what looks like his horn bursting from the ground.

When I consider that this is the same character that used to crack jokes and had a sense of boyscout honour. It's really heart breaking to see him running away from what I assume to be the metaphorical manifestation of his own downfall from hero to villain. It helps with this image in my mind that Big Boss actually looks scared in the scene.

I'm probably off base with this but that's why I love this trailer. It's full of really strong imagery whilst not revealing too much about the story. We can only guess at the themes and the execution but the reality is we all know how it's going to end. The haunting track that accompanies the trailer makes it even more powerful.

There's one very short scene in the new trailer which is my absolute favourite

It shows
Big Boss driving all bloodied trying to escape what looks like his horn bursting from the ground.

When I consider that this is the same character that used to crack jokes and had a sense of boyscout honour. It's really heart breaking to see him running away from what I assume to be the metaphorical manifestation of his own downfall from hero to villain. It helps with this image in my mind that Big Boss actually looks scared in the scene.

I'm probably off base with this but that's why I love this trailer. It's full of really strong imagery whilst not revealing too much about the story. We can only guess at the themes and the execution but the reality is we all know how it's going to end. The haunting track that accompanies the trailer makes it even more powerful.
I've noticed it too.
This game is going to be sad... so sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom