• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

YAAY
LHHxddN.gif

Venom Fox

Banned
So brother's, what are your thoughts on the Microstransactions in MGSV??

In my opinion it's disgusting because a f2p type model should not be in a £50 game whatsoever.
I understand that we can unlock everything without paying, I just don't agree to the fact that these kind of MT's are in.

But it goes without saying that it won't stop me from playing the fuck out of this game!

Playstation life article also mentioned something that may potentially be considered a minor spoiler so i'll mark it as such:

"I get behind a minigun loaded on the chopper, just in time to hear my horse get slaughtered. Poor thing."

I thought D-Horse couldn't die?

We've only been told that buddies can die. But what happens if you replay the first mission, you'd get the horse back right?

As great as this sounds, the new gameplay demo showed the opposite didn't it? Maybe it depends on whether guards are alone or far away from a group? Either way I hope its true!

Yeah he's literally talking about encountering a pair of guards in 'within a few moments' of the first mission. See last e3's demo.

FiraB

Banned
Remade a 100% save for GZ in two days, that offline save bug that wipes saves out on steam version sucks big time, thankfully upload it this time around so I dont lose it again.

Kindekuma

Banned
Remade a 100% save for GZ in two days, that offline save bug that wipes saves out on steam version sucks big time, thankfully upload it this time around so I dont lose it again.

There was an offline save bug? I never knew, I was playing offline just the other day. I'm not sure if I want to go for another 100% run of GZ if that ever happened to me.

JayEH

I do. I plan on playing this game as stoically as possible. No buddies (except D-horse), no shitting on command,no tranquilizer, no fulton, no reflex mode, no HUD, no marking, no suppressors on primary weapons, no normal difficulty. Anything that I can do to get the experience as close to the pax 2012 demo as possible. If microtransactions will allow me to expand motherbase without having to attach a silly baloon people and things then I'll go that route. A military leader shouldn't have to kidnap people to join his cause, his prowess and legend should prompt people to join.

wut

Kindekuma

Banned
Fuck. Welp kindekuma, its official. They cut that shit. This is what happens when immersion dies in the name of convenience.

Is anybody here able to sprint carrying 200lbs? Anybody?

Bruh what is with you and the immersion factor? We're rescuing goats with balloons, having super human snipers who go naked and invisible with boobs that ignore physics all while fighting off a bi-pedal tank that's driven by a ~10 year old. I'm glad instant alerts was gone, see in MGS4 it made perfect sense for all the guards to know where you are because of group nanomachines. But in GZ just by shouting HOSTILE and then whole base knew where you were with no radioing in broke the immersion. MGS2 was great how the guards called in HQ for back-up. If you were able to stop the person before that, cool, you're golden. It'd be so annoying in the jungle location to get caught by some guard and everyone in the jungle knew EXACTLY where I was.

Also BB could hold off Cocoon in PW, I think he could run and carry someone >150lbs on his shoulder.

I do. I plan on playing this game as stoically as possible. No buddies (except D-horse), no shitting on command,no tranquilizer, no fulton, no reflex mode, no HUD, no marking, no suppressors on primary weapons, no normal difficulty. Anything that I can do to get the experience as close to the pax 2012 demo as possible. If microtransactions will allow me to expand motherbase without having to attach a silly baloon people and things then I'll go that route. A military leader shouldn't have to kidnap people to join his cause, his prowess and legend should prompt people to join.

How will you experience the 2012 demo if this animation doesn't return?

iboPBw5VWPQ3Gb.gif

tbh

Kindekuma

Banned
ibbWMTYWVykj2D.gif

no normal difficulty

Man, GZ has come a long way since that demonstration. In good ways too, the only thing I wish that was from that demo in the final product was the water kicking up from the ground by the helicopter. That was a cool detail. There was no AA guns, barrels or many details like that, Camp Omega looks so rough in the demo.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This is what happens when immersion dies in the name of convenience.

Yeah, a better game. Don't make me trot out the 'Ration Defence' again.

If there is one genre that benefits more that any other from Playability > Realism, it's definitely stealth games. At least on a moment-to-moment basis. Plus, Metal Gear is a series that has always gone out of it's way to make the aware that it's a game.

"Turn off your console!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvDJsdmRhSk

Wait a second, at 4:40 in the E3 trailer,
is Skullface not real? Was my old theory about him being a manifestation in Big Boss's mind right?

He's definitely real at some point.

This looks amazing af

It is isn't? Either I overlooked it or it has been added to the shop's offer recently because I had only that FOX t-shirt on my wishlist.

This is my favorite one, but I wouldn't choose it if you want something more subtle.

Subtle? There's no such word in my dictionary. When GTAV got it's premiere I came to work dressed in GTAV t-shirt and Rockstar cap on.
Also took PS3 to play it at work :)

Man, GZ has come a long way since that demonstration. In good ways too, the only thing I wish that was from that demo in the final product was the water kicking up from the ground by the helicopter. That was a cool detail. There was no AA guns, barrels or many details like that, Camp Omega looks so rough in the demo.

Lighting is actually much better in that demo.
Much closer to a natural form of night lighting rather than Hollywood night.

Lighting is actually much better in that demo.
Much closer to a natural form of night lighting rather than Hollywood night.

That's the one thing I'd love to have back. It looks like a dark and stormy night. GZ's and TPP's night skies aren't great but the daytime more than makes up for it.

So there's a new MGSV high end product tie in with J.F.Rey, a glasses manufacturer. Miller's in-game glasses got an update in the trailer, not sure if anyone noticed yet. I found it in one of Kojima's recent tweets.

June 10th Gamersyde Promo Image
0cqXOtJ.jpg

E3 2015 Trailer
EHWAdUa.jpg

Actual Product
kQd4Yku.jpg

I just thought the model change on Kaz was interesting, since it looks like they did the product tie in, then added it in-game.

Anyway, the site is here if you feel like dropping $210-$948 on some MGSV branded glasses.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So there's a new MGSV high end product tie in with J.F.Rey, a glasses manufacturer. Miller's in-game glasses got an update in the trailer, not sure if anyone noticed yet. I found it in one of Kojima's recent tweets.

I just thought the model change on Kaz was interesting, since it looks like they did the product tie in, then added it in-game.

Anyway, the site is here if you feel like dropping $210-$948 on some MGSV branded glasses.

Glasses downgraded

How will you experience the 2012 demo if this animation doesn't return?

iboPBw5VWPQ3Gb.gif

tbh

I'll cry as I'm flogging my dolphin and collect my tears. Then I'll mail those tears to your father with a letter attached, thanking Mr. Deterrence Sr. for not deterring his love when it came to creating you so that you may one day grow up to be such an avid gif maker to supplement your comedic retorts about how silly ya think it is to bitch about animations in a virtual world.

Look I see what this is. And it's fair. Sure. Crying about menial shit like cut animations can be ridiculous, amusing even. But at the end of the day, it is an opinion. And I give one response to how somebody here openly asks if anyone else will play the game with restraint, a highly embellished response nonetheless, and then the Neil degrass Tyson memes about badassery roll in because people think your missing out on what the game has to offer.

Does my brain process shit exactly the same way that yours does? No. I think life is a bit more diverse than that. Sometimes, you give a person a gift and they are more fascinated with the box it came in rather than the gizmo that's inside. Me saying I'm not using the quirky features the series is none for isn't to illicit some kind of notion that I'm a hardcore player. Not at all. For me, I'd rather take my time, and stop and smell the roses rather than focus on a high score. It's to simulate the experience of you against the elements which in itself reciprocates a certain mood. Cuz at the end of the day, you are pretending to be something you aren't when playing a game.

deim0s

Miller is always cool because he uses Aviators.

Just got some PSN cards as a gift, went to pre order Phantom Pain and it is £57.99 on PSN wtf?

Its £41 on Amazon, does Konami really think people are going to pay nearly £60 for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom