• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

70 days left.

tumblr_m7a9yqQsww1r26jxbo2_250.gif

oldboss

I'll cry as I'm flogging my dolphin and collect my tears. Then I'll mail those tears to your father with a letter attached, thanking Mr. Deterrence Sr. for not deterring his love when it came to creating you so that you may one day grow up to be such an avid gif maker to supplement your comedic retorts about how silly ya think it is to bitch about animations in a virtual world.

Look I see what this is. And it's fair. Sure. Crying about menial shit like cut animations can be ridiculous, amusing even. But at the end of the day, it is an opinion. And I give one response to how somebody here openly asks if anyone else will play the game with restraint, a highly embellished response nonetheless, and then the Neil degrass Tyson memes about badassery roll in because people think your missing out on what the game has to offer.

Does my brain process shit exactly the same way that yours does? No. I think life is a bit more diverse than that. Sometimes, you give a person a gift and they are more fascinated with the box it came in rather than the gizmo that's inside. Me saying I'm not using the quirky features the series is none for isn't to illicit some kind of notion that I'm a hardcore player. Not at all. For me, I'd rather take my time, and stop and smell the roses rather than focus on a high score. It's to simulate the experience of you against the elements which in itself reciprocates a certain mood. Cuz at the end of the day, you are pretending to be something you aren't when playing a game.

Boy, felt really good to read that!

RavenH2

Just wanted to share with you guys. I've been mostly a lurker of this Community, couple of post here and there. But after Brazil's thread about the gameplay impressions coming in June I've been in the dark.

I tried to stay in the dark for E3, but I had to watch the newest trailer. Sufice it to say, I watched it with one eye closed and half brain off so that I couldn't remember most of it, and I hardly do.

But this is goodbye, at least until I've finished my first MGSV: The Phamton Pain's playthrough (probably in October). It's been a fun ride, but this last couple of months I must travel alone in this dark spoiler free path.

Stay strong Metal Gear GAF, and even though I lurk more than I post, you shall be missed.

Hope that the next time we meet will be in MGO3.

No word of a lie, avoid Dawg's Twitter like the plague right now. Nothing else other than that if you know what's good for you. It's too late for me, but save yourselves.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No word of a lie, avoid Dawg's Twitter right now. Nothing else other than that if you know what's good for you.

Can't believe he posted it.....

I kinda want to PM Robert but at the same time rather not, what if it turns out to be real??.......

Edit: It's most likely fake because there is a typo, that's all im gonna say.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No word of a lie, avoid Dawg's Twitter like the plague right now. Nothing else other than that if you know what's good for you. It's too late for me, but save yourselves.

Without going into detail, what are we talking about here: Game spoilers? Mental breakdown? Penis pics? Enquiring minds need to know!

Dawg

I was born in a small village. I was still a puppy when we were raided by cats - the foreign kind. Torn from my fellow shibas I was made to speak their language. With each new post, my masters changed along with the sounds they made me purr. With each change - I changed too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong...
Spoilers Can Kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom