• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
56 days brothers?

ianljkvw5ufy.gif

In 7 minutes 55 days!

solid-snake-caramelldansen-o.gif

Ryan_MSF

This is what I have pre-ordered so far, still considering the Limited Edition PS4 and haven't decided what to do about midnight play.

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
PS4 JPN Premium Package to leave sealed
Xbone JPN Premium Package to open
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset
The Man on Fire(Volgin) figure
The Venom Snake Sneaking suit figure
Plus I will get the PC version for the modding that will ensue and the Steel Art book for NA once it is listed.

I can't wait....

and here was me happy with my Japanese CE lmao

Rean

This is what I have pre-ordered so far, still considering the Limited Edition PS4 and haven't decided what to do about midnight play.

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset
Plus I will get the PC version for the modding that will ensue and the Steel Art book for NA once it is listed.

I can't wait....
iu5IS.gif

Vally

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset

I can't wait....

Damn o_O

What I've preordered so far:

- PS3 day one edition

;_;

We should add " The Waiting" by Tom Petty to our list. It's from the 80s and it's appropriate since someone always posts the days remaining until release.

Mexen

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset

I can't wait....

o_O

Sn4ke_911

I'll get a PS4 in August so I'll play MGSV on there... but right now all that I have preordered is the PS3 copy lol

But why? when you get a PS4 before MGSV comes out why would you preorder the PS3 version? :3

Vally

But why? when you get a PS4 before MGSV comes out why would you preorder the PS3 version? :3

I want to have the whole series on PS3; also free online for when I don't feel like paying for PS+ lol. But I'll play mainly on PS4 to invade all you guys' bases :3

Sn4ke_911

I want to have the whole series on PS3; also free online for when I don't feel like paying for PS+ lol. But I'll play mainly on PS4 to invade all you guys' bases :3

Ah ok.

Shy

Holyshit at the peoples getting huge TPP pick-ups, i thought i was getting a lot.

I'm getting.
Japanese premium edition. (PS4 version)
Day one edition. (PS4 uk version, hopefully steelbook edition)
A steam copy.
The hardback strategy guide.
Possibly the soundtrack, depending on my money at the time.

MajorTom

I'm just getting the day one edition (ps4)
I cancelled my CE pre order
I might get the PC version of its on sale at some point, although I'll probably never play it.

I love how the enemy adapting makes you think twice about falling back on the tranq gun. Like I might not want to knock everyone out with a dart the first time I visit an area since it could mean making things much harder when I return.

brau

I am watching the preview for MGSV on gametrailers, they say they say "2 out of 3 locations in TPP".

Is this something that is official. I just remember the two locations. But never a definite mention of another one. Is this common knowledge by now and i am just late to the party?

https://youtu.be/xRYnTF9vKS8

Around the 1.30min mark.

realcZk

For you guys in the USA getting the Konami Style JPN Premium package, where are you picking it up at if you don't mind answering? I checked NCSX but $439 is crazy for it, although very tempting. Looks like Play Asia is sold out and FromJapan has reached their limit of 10 orders.

realcZk

I am watching the preview for MGSV on gametrailers, they say they say "2 out of 3 locations in TPP".

Is this something that is official. I just remember the two locations. But never a definite mention of another one. Is this common knowledge by now and i am just late to the party?

https://youtu.be/xRYnTF9vKS8

Around the 1.30min mark.

Wellll, the third location could be anything really, we could be getting another one (surprise?) or it could just be mother base, or
cyrpus (where the hospital where you wake up is)

Shy

For you guys getting the Konami Style JPN Premium package, where are you picking it up at if you don't mind answering? I checked NCSX but $439 is crazy for it, although very tempting. Looks like Play Asia is sold out and FromJapan has reached their limit of 10 orders.
I'm getting it from Konami style, using a middleman site (white rabbit)
It cost me £240 or 220, i don't remember, but i don't know how much for the P&P yet, as it's a pre-order. (i'm terrified at how much it will end up costing)

EDIT: i see you edited your post after i made mine, you could still use the method i used in the USA, if you wanted.

brau

Wellll, the third location could be anything really, we could be getting another one (surprise?) or it could just be mother base, or
cyrpus in the UK (town where the hospital where you wake up is)

Gotcha.. i just didn't know if anyone had picked up on that.

NCell

Really starting to worry about MGO...

It's out in less than 2 months and we haven't seen anything... not even at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it at this rate or have it be a separate download thats essentially broken/unfinished at launch.

Word on the street is that rumors are that my friends friend told him that his cousin's dads brother heard from someone he didn't know that Konami isn't happy with where MGO is right now.
Yeah something is clearly wrong with the game's development but how would Konami just notice this now? They work alongside Konami JP it's not like Konami only checked MGO progress now

Zambatoh

Alright guys, while i'm super stoked that a bunch of people have been helping collaborate on this, the music playlist getting a little out of hand - really, 7 Iron Maiden songs, Zambatoh?

The original idea was to have a max of 3 songs per person, to keep it diverse.

Sorry about that. I'll just leave the first few I placed on there.

Venom Fox

Banned
Speaking of Ghostfacemiller, did you see my Twitter message?
Oh yeah, just checked now, are you sure you don't want me to get it for you?

Ill keep the order there until last minute in case you change your mind :)
Oops! Thanks.
I think the hospital is a British owned hospital, the UK has a military presence over in Cyprus so it's more than likely that it's a UK military hospital?

Kazuhira

Damn,we´re close! i can´t stop thinking about this game.
I spent like 70 hrs with ground zeroes,so imagine what´s gonna happen when TPP is in my hands.
Goodbye job,social life etc

Sn4ke_911

Really starting to worry about MGO...

It's out in less than 2 months and we haven't seen anything... not even at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it at this rate or have it be a separate download thats essentially broken/unfinished at launch.

Word on the street is that rumors are that my friends friend told him that his cousin's dads brother heard from someone he didn't know that Konami isn't happy with where MGO is right now.

Yeah that is what i've heard too, MGO was planned to be shown at E3 but Japan wasn't happy with the game.

Ofc as always, take everything with a grain of salt.

Anth0ny

Right now it's looking like:

-MGSV Day One Edition (PS4)... $40 pre-order from Future Shop E3 deals a while ago :)
-Hardcover guide

Strongly considering:

-MGSV Japanese Premium Package or Limited Edition (PS4)
-Soundtrack (I never listen to my CDs anymore, Youtube/Spotify is so damn convenient)
-YOLO double dipping on this mother fucker and dropping $80 just to play it at midnight on launch day, stay up all night to play, alone, volume up, WITH A TEAR IN MY EYE

I wish I had a reason to mix things up between PS4/Xbone/360/PS3, but as far as I know, the PS4 version will be the best version in every way... until the PC version drops 2 god damn weeks later ; _ ;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom