• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_MSF

c29dV53.png

Nothing more needs to be said.

Loakum

Banned
This is what I have pre-ordered so far, still considering the Limited Edition PS4 and haven't decided what to do about midnight play.

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
PS4 JPN Premium Package to leave sealed
Xbone JPN Premium Package to open
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset
The Man on Fire(Volgin) figure
The Venom Snake Sneaking suit figure
Plus I will get the PC version for the modding that will ensue and the Steel Art book for NA once it is listed.

I can't wait....

Good lawd that's a lot! This is what I currently have pre ordered:

• Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Shinkawa Steel book cover edition (PS4)
  • Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Collector's Edition (PS4)
  • Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
  • Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain - Venom Snake Play Arts Figure
6w5Eaec.gif

This will probably be all I'm getting, because I still want to buy myself an new desktop PC, this year. Not to mention, I have 9 other video games pre ordered.

MattyG

Banned
Guys, should I do my PW playthrough on PS3 or PSP (Vita) next month when I'm going my full series re-run? PS3 seems like a good option to me because of better visuals and controls, but PSP has the portablity factor. I've actually never played it on PSP before, so I don't know how it plays or runs.

RetroMG

Guys, should I do my PW playthrough on PS3 or PSP (Vita) next month when I'm going my full series re-run? PS3 seems like a good option to me because of better visuals and controls, but PSP has the portablity factor. I've actually never played it on PSP before, so I don't know how it plays or runs.

I'm curious about opinions on this, too. I tend not to finish games on the Vita, but I don't really want to hook my PS3 up in my office.

Currently working through my full playthrough. I finished MG1 and MG2, and I'm working on MGS1 right now. I'm doing it on Twin Snakes, mostly because it's easier than the PS1 version, and I'm playing for story, not for challenge.

Really enjoying this new play video, although I hope there's an English version uploaded soon.

Play it on ps3. It runs at 20 fps on the psp and the controls are pretty bad. The psp version is playable, but if you can play it on ps3 you should forget about the psp version.

Shy

Few thought's on the video.

*LOVE LOVE LOVE that you can have a tranq-assault rifle. (i'm an all stealth kinda guy)
*I also love the fact you can give quiet a tranq-sniper rifle (i wasn't planing on taking her with me, because i don't want to kill anyone)
*I love the fact when you use the bionic arm the sound effect it plays is from "the six million dollar man"
*i really like how you can customise your helicopter.
*the cardboard box slide was awesome.

There's probably more, but i can't remember, sorry.

Banzai

We've now seen like 5 different ways to finish a single (side?) mission. Game has some serious replay value.

First playthrough: Rrrrockettt Paaunch only, though.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Cross-posting from the other thread, but...

hQnUAaf.png

Does this mean we can recruit CHILDREN?! O_O

Well yeah, Big Boss had a bunch of kids running around in Metal Gear 2.
Or maybe the Les Enfant Terrible can help you out?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Cross-posting from the other thread, but...

hQnUAaf.png

Does this mean we can recruit CHILDREN?! O_O

Ima repost my post from the other thread.

Well here is the thing, IIRC one of the previews (sorry i forgot who but it wasn't from the english ones, i think someone on reddit translated it) said that and warning this might be a spoiler that you can
kill children but if you do that it will have huge consequences or something like that.
So it would make sense that you can fulton them too.

Man this will be all over Fox news and such, i can't remember a single game that let you do this. There is a reason why GTA doesn't have any children in the game.

This will trigger a huge outcry.

child-soldiers.png

2015-07-0709_04_18-mgkhu2p.png

brau

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Preordered TPP on ps4, now have a backdrop with TPP as a theme.

The CE should be on its way on Sep 1st. WOOHOOOO!

If only i could preorder the game already on PC.

Sn4ke_911

Honestly i have no idea why they showed the bandana, it would have been a nice surprise for longtime fans to see this for the very first time in-game.

Those last gameplay videos feel like Kojima doesn't have as much control anymore over this, everything seems so rushed out of the gate.

Idk i get the feeling Kojima didn't want to show all this, maybe they agreed to not show much of his story but instead show plenty of gameplay stuff.

I was like "WOAH HO OKAY THERE" when I saw that the Heli had a zebra paint job on it. There isn't anything you can't customize from what it looks like.

I hope you have to capture a zebra to unlock Zebra paint.

Those last gameplay videos feel like Kojima doesn't have as much control anymore over this, everything seems so rushed out of the gate.

Idk i get the feeling Kojima didn't want to show all this, maybe they agreed to not show much of his story but instead show plenty of gameplay stuff.

wut
Kojima was behind this, I thought you'd know that being an avid twitter follower of his.

Sn4ke_911

What's giving you this feeling?

Idk man, it's just the whole situation with Konami, it's not friendly or anything and this is why there's maybe some stuff behind the scenes going on...

Anyway, they fixed the clipping!

get

Loakum

Banned
I'm glad everyone here enjoyed the latest video....even though I didn't watch it. I know the game is massive, but I still don't want to see too much, too early. Less than two months to go. I can hold off from watching any new footage until then. This year;s E3 trailer is all I need, until the game is released.

*plays "Elegia" again*

Alright guys, while i'm super stoked that a bunch of people have been helping collaborate on this, the music playlist getting a little out of hand - really, 7 Iron Maiden songs, Zambatoh?

The original idea was to have a max of 3 songs per person, to keep it diverse.

I don't want to censor this thing, so i'm not going to change or delete any songs on there, but it would be nice if you added more than 3 songs to whittle it down to only 3.

Also, quote this post to get the link to the doc, and if you haven't added some songs yet you should!
And I'm hust sitting here adding all this songs mindlessly :D

Playlist edited: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzh-qy3DrvMshnfwUYWuIWLWEeh9fGF7m

But 3 songs per user is to few, let's make it 5, OK?
the fact that I have 5 songs on the list has nothing to do with it

Is there any other game that released so much footage, without spoiling anything ?

Peace Walker had a bunch of gameplay videos but they went as far as spoiling most of the missile base area from Chapter 4. Here they've limited themselves to only showing the first 2 mission areas in Afghanistan so far which is a very different approach, probably for the best.

Ima repost my post from the other thread.

Well here is the thing, IIRC one of the previews (sorry i forgot who but it wasn't from the english ones, i think someone on reddit translated it) said that and warning this might be a spoiler that you can
kill children but if you do that it will have huge consequences or something like that.
So it would make sense that you can fulton them too.

Man this will be all over Fox news and such, i can't remember a single game that let you do this. There is a reason why GTA doesn't have any children in the game.

This will trigger a huge outcry.

child-soldiers.png

2015-07-0709_04_18-mgkhu2p.png

A game like GTA gets shit on often because it's a mass-market, easily-accessible game that can be boiled down to a couple of bullet points - "Rob people/places. Kill anyone. Do what you want."

FOX couldn't even sum up the original Mass Effect correctly when they tried to lob controversy out of it (boiling it down to "you sleep with alien women"). Expecting them to understand or pick up on Metal Gear is a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom