• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

MGS2 Snake the best.

Plissken mullet too stronk.

I also like the PW/GZ suit the most with MGS3 following it.

COKE

Neo Member
Edit: MGSV sneaking suit looks too fat.

If something, MGSV sneaking suit looks too like a fat...

Q03J5Z0.png

bratwurst

Mexen

Maybe for different modes or options when replaying the game. But for first time play through i hope they keep that stuff down to a minimum. or optional.

yeah, now that you mention it. Should be optional or unlockable content.

As I've said before. I don't think kojima is pushing the 80's aesthetic hard enough. I'll be honest too, I'm not that big a fan of the whole idroid thing. I know suspension of disbelief is a standard when it comes to metal gears ahead of its time technology but come on. Bb is carrying a cassette tape player around in one hand and a fucking space machine in the other. The only reason that interface exists in the game is a.) Player convenience and b.) Its 2015. Computer phones n shit. There seems to be this weird line creators walk when it comes to retro tech plausibility in a fantasy fiction context these days and I wish hideo would rail against that shit.

As I've said before. I don't think kojima is pushing the 80's aesthetic hard enough. I'll be honest too, I'm not that big a fan of the whole idroid thing. I know suspension of disbelief is a standard when it comes to metal gears ahead of its time technology but come on. Bb is carrying a cassette tape player around in one hand and a fucking space machine in the other. The only reason that interface exists in the game is a.) Player convenience and b.) Its 2015. Computer phones n shit. There seems to be this weird line creators walk when it comes to retro tech plausibility in a fantasy fiction context these days and I wish hideo would rail against that shit.

I blame Peace Walker for advancing technology far beyond what should be plausible at that time period even by MGS universe standards.

i'm okay with it because to me it feels like a natural integration of scifi and period piece. kind of like how blade runner has this huge sprawling future city, but still has 80s tube tvs and things like that. or old bond movies (roger moore ones in particular) having crazy futuristic gadgets and tech. besides the fact that kojima has said he basically shoe-horns ideas into metal geaer games, i'd hate to see his imagination limited too much by the world he's created. just go for and make the best game possible, even if there are some inconsistencies

Rajang

LOL.

I blame Peace Walker for advancing technology far beyond what should be plausible at that time period even by MGS universe standards.

Yeah. One thing that bothered me was that according to MGS1 Mei Ling had invented the Soliton Radar in the 2000s. But when you play PW (1972) you can also develop the Soliton Radar if your R&D and Intel units are high enough.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
If something, MGSV sneaking suit looks too like a fat...

Q03J5Z0.png

bratwurst

I just see it as two shoulder blades and two big lumbar muscles and the... okay, it's a dick... you FUCKING ASSHOLE!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom