• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem. They don't need to when stirring up controversy.

Metal Gear isn't the first game to let you kill children - Deus Ex 1/2 and Skyrim (modded) let you accomplish the same thing and more.

FOX has been relatively quiet after the Cooper Lawrence/ME fiasco back in 2007, where it was widely publicized that the woman had no idea what she was talking about and was more or less shamed out of the industry altogether. They pick on GTA because it is orders of magnitude more visible in terms of sales/exposure than MG.

The more you attempt to explain a series like MG to laymen like FOX, the more absurd it sounds. I don't see any news organization picking up on it, especially when it will probably be a gameplay aspect that will be relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Metal Gear isn't the first game to let you kill children - Deus Ex 1/2 and Skyrim (modded) let you accomplish the same thing and more.

Missed out Fallout 2. :)

FOX has been relatively quiet after the Cooper Lawrence/ME fiasco back in 2007, where it was widely publicized that the woman had no idea what she was talking about and was more or less shamed out of the industry altogether. They pick on GTA because it is orders of magnitude more visible in terms of sales/exposure than MG.

The more you attempt to explain a series like MG to laymen like FOX, the more absurd it sounds. I don't see any news organization picking up on it, especially when it will probably be a gameplay aspect that will be relatively minor in the grand scheme of things.

They don't need to be well-informed to brand the game a child-killing simulator. They just need it to be mildly well known and/or a slow news day.

Sushigod7

GTA got a lot of its notoriety and name in the media when a few stories popped up with kids saying GTA inspired them to do a crime also Jack Thompson latched on to it keeping R* in the media. This shouldn't even be a blip on the radar for most media it might get mentioned online but the part of the story with kids seems relatively small we have seen the same group in a few trailers (minus Eli etc) and it seems they are rescued or something since they are on Mother Base in one. Idk I doubt its a big deal.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
GTA got a lot of its notoriety and name in the media when a few stories popped up with kids saying GTA inspired them to do a crime also Jack Thompson latched on to it keeping R* in the media. This shouldn't even be a blip on the radar for most media it might get mentioned online but the part of the story with kids seems relatively small we have seen the same group in a few trailers (minus Eli etc) and it seems they are rescued or something since they are on Mother Base in one. Idk I doubt its a big deal.

I don't think it will cause controversy. I'm just saying that it would be a fairly easy story to spin. FOX wouldn't care anyway, it looks like most of the kids are black.

*BADUM-TISH!*

So is the Day 1 edition with the extras only for pre-orders?
I was holding off on pre-ordering the regular version until the CE is in stock again but I'm not sure if that's gonna happen.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
10000 trailers and videos for MGS V but still no news/ actual gameplay for MGO (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง wtf are they thinking?

Åesop;171188816 said:
10000 trailers and videos for MGS V but still no news/ actual gameplay for MGO (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง wtf are they thinking?

The game is dead, man, tbh. Nothing against the team behind it, but once corporations and money gets involved, nothing is sacred.

brau

Sept 1 is getting closer and closer, brehs.

seinfelddance.gif~c200

Kalamoj

Gaf I need you help.
I pre-ordered both the CE game and the LE console and it turned out I can't buy them both.
If I sell my launch PS4 the new machine with the normal edition will cost the same as the CE game.

Which option should I go for?

brau

Gaf I need you help.
I pre-ordered both the CE game and the LE console and it turned out I can't buy them both.
If I sell my launch PS4 the new machine with the normal edition will cost the same as the CE game.

Which option should I go for?

get LE console. Sell it on Ebay. Profit 300% more. Buy CE with that money. Pocket the rest.

wilsonda

Is it bad that I still don't have anything preordered yet? I am in the USA so I am waiting to hear when the new revision ps4 will be released or if we will get the limited edition mgsv console

I think it still looks good for old gen game.

Ken-ichiro Imaizumi @Ken1555:
I think it still looks good for old gen game.
Lordsparte @Lordsparte:
@Ken1555 How is it looking on old gen console ? Still no screenshot of it or anything...

The gameplay demo released today looks amazing.

On another note any word on how to pre-order the LE MGS PS4 console in the UK yet?
I also read somewhere that this PS4 will be the CUH1200 edition, is that confirmed?

brau

With the bandana and that suit it looks like mgs1 Solid Snake.

I think thats what they were going for with that suit. Also.. them going with the attach C4 on a soldier is totally a callout from MGS1. I think its very appropriate to show it in that suit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom