• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, me, Raven and Prince are all showing Marie dat love she so deserves. Nice.

damn straight, bro!

tfw me and prince guilty af lmao

tumblr_inline_npwo5dM28l1sexwn7_500.gif

Today is the 28th anniversary of Metal Gear on the MSX - the original that started it all.

We should all play it in observance of this historic day.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Venom Fox

Banned
Ignore me, just been going through some shit lately, so I've become a bit paranoid of people perceptions and what people think.
I don't know, I've just been a bit depressed I guess.

Watching this community talk and go through ups and downs was apart of my daily routine when I was studying last year, I felt like all the drama and excitement guided me through some rough times.
So when I got my account approved I was excited to become apart of OuterGAF.
And now I just don't know where I fit in.

It's stupid and sounds stupid but, tbh I don't care because without you guys and some of the funny shit I've witnessed this past year, I'd probs be in a fucking asylum still trying to figure out C++ and C# :)

I just wanted to know what type of game/genre you'd like Kojima to tackle next.

Shit, just realised we are nearly at 50 days left!

brau

Ignore me, just been going through some shit lately, so I've become a bit paranoid of people perceptions and what people think.
I don't know, I've just been a bit depressed I guess.

Watching this community talk and go through ups and downs was apart of my daily routine when I was studying last year, I felt like all the drama and excitement guided me through some rough times.
So when I got my account approved I was excited to become apart of OuterGAF.
And now I just don't know where I fit in.

It's stupid and sounds stupid but, tbh I don't care because without you guys and some of the funny shit I've witnessed this past year, I'd probs be in a fucking asylum still trying to figure out C++ and C# :)

I just wanted to know what type of game/genre you'd like Kojima to tackle next.

Shit, just realised we are nearly at 50 days left!

Pft..you have nothing to apologize for, and this community, even tho its about MGS... (at least imo) its about the people that are in it.

If you ever need someone to talk to i encourage you to PM people here that you feel comfortable with or join tele chat. There is always drama in there that will make you appreciate how sane you are.

If you are going through a rough patch, just know that we might not have all the info or know what you are going through... but we support you, and i am sure people here will agree that you can always find a shoulder to rely on.

Also.. i didn't know we had to fit in here to be part of the community. I guess i should start thinking about that. I don't think i fit in at all with all you youngsters with your skinny jeans and hip radical ideas. :3

Anyways... MGS is almost here! V is for Victory!

Hot_Coldman.png

Venom Fox

Banned
Pft..you have nothing to apologize for, and this community, even tho its about MGS... (at least imo) its about the people that are in it.

If you ever need someone to talk to i encourage you to PM people here that you feel comfortable with or join tele chat. There is always drama in there that will make you appreciate how sane you are.

If you are going through a rough patch, just know that we might not have all the info or know what you are going through... but we support you, and i am sure people here will agree that you can always find a shoulder to rely on.

Also.. i didn't know we had to fit in here to be part of the community. I guess i should start thinking about that. I don't think i fit in at all with all you youngsters with your skinny jeans and hip radical ideas. :3

Anyways... MGS is almost here! V is for Victory!

Hot_Coldman.png
Thanks Brau, it probably won't come to PM'ing people about my problems lol but thanks for letting me know your all there!
Honestly what you said about the Community being more about the people that's in it is both touching and true.

That is what I am talking about, before I created my account I seen the community go through the bad times, the good times and the funny times, (Cipher Cats fan fiction lol) and it was fun.

Brau, by the way, you do fit in and have a place here, your our resident artist and avatar creator :p
Partly Joking :)

Sn4ke_911

Good news for people who hate Big Boss ponytail, looks like you don't have to wear one.

Someone from MGI remembers a journalist saying you can customize it.

2015-07-0800_18_44-frrlyvw.png

2015-07-0800_16_49-mg64o9p.png

2015-07-0800_17_11-mgharsh.png

2015-07-0800_17_41-mg0prti.png

2015-07-0800_18_06-mg30q8o.png

brau

OI!

LXfZm7z.png

Thanks Brau, it probably won't come to PM'ing people about my problems lol but thanks for letting me know your all there!
Honestly what you said about the Community being more about the people that's in it is both touching and true.

That is what I am talking about, before I created my account I seen the community go through the bad times, the good times and the funny times, (Cipher Cats fan fiction lol) and it was fun.

Brau, by the way, you do fit in and have a place here, your our resident artist and avatar creator :p
Partly Joking :)

Well.. you know.. PM is if you need someones particular attention. Its just nice to sometimes get away from all the transparency and talk to people in a more private forum. But i don't mind talking to people. i actually like it.

I know what you mean.. Each OT has had its own interesting dynamic. But that is what makes forums like these fun.

LOL... don't let some people here see that.. i have some avatars on my list that i need to do that i just don't have much time to do. with the new job, moving and what not. I'll get to them.

:p

she shurfife

Dude, nah man it's understandable! Don't worry, we all get into it with each other from time to time and kinda burn out on the thread and discussing the series is all, just the thirst being too stronk; but hope everything is better now, but yes MGS community is there for each other tbh!

Good news for people who hate Big Boss ponytail, looks like you don't have to wear one.

Someone from MGI remembers a journalist saying you can customize it.

2015-07-0800_18_44-frrlyvw.png

2015-07-0800_16_49-mg64o9p.png

2015-07-0800_17_11-mgharsh.png

2015-07-0800_17_41-mg0prti.png

2015-07-0800_18_06-mg30q8o.png

this is soooooooo dope and wtfffffffffff ponytail removal = MEGATON??????????????

Sn4ke_911

Holy shit, this is awesome.

Infuckingdeed it is man!

THIS. GAME.

Dude, nah man it's understandable! Don't worry, we all get into it with each other from time to time and kinda burn out on the thread and discussing the series is all, just the thirst being too stronk; but hope everything is better now, but yes MGS community is there for each other tbh!

this is soooooooo dope and wtfffffffffff ponytail removal = MEGATON??????????????

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

I mean i love the ponytail but i will also switch it up with the mullet!

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS

I mean i love the ponytail but i will also switch it up with the mullet!

dude yessssssssssssssssssssssss omg that will be incredible!!!! customization is a small thing but it keeps a game fresh, tbh, when this game is so varied as is w day night and all that everyone will have such a different take on the game!

Since we're dishing out apologies, I guess I'll throw in my two bits:

Yes, almost every post from me has a negative connotation concerning something menial about the game be it an animation/whatever. And I think this is a problem I have in general with other consumed media before. I've been around people who are creators by nature and when I see something in its beta form, or hear a demo version of a song, it makes an indelible impression on me and when a detail here or there (be it small or large) is changed or omitted a big 'ol red flag jumps up in my brain. Maybe it's a creative indifference. I don't know.

That said, I know that no one wants to put up with negativity/bitching on here of any sort. So really, I should thank those who are calling me out on muh bewlshit, especially you Mr. Deterrence. That's the most honest thing you could do for a person on here. Yeah sorry about dat.

Venom Fox

Banned
To everyone in OuterGAF,
Thanks for the warm responses, you truly are "a shining light"

Anyway back to the crazy stuff again!

Is it me or can anybody else now, not under that penis on the back of the sneaking suit?

Whomever pointed that out should be ashamed of their words and deeds!!! lol.

MajorTom

Anyway back to the crazy stuff again!

Is it me or can anybody else now, not under that penis on the back of the sneaking suit?

Whomever pointed that out should be ashamed of their words and deeds!!! lol.
Yeah the penis is super obvious to me now.
It doesn't even look accidental anymore.

Sushigod7

I've rewatched the new gameplay videos a bunch throughout the day. While I don't understand the Japanese commentary its a lot more entertaining to listen too! Anyone else in the same boat? Love the over the top sarcastic tone of the language in general.

BrosephStalin

Neo Member
I've rewatched the new gameplay videos a bunch throughout the day. While I don't understand the Japanese commentary its a lot more entertaining to listen too! Anyone else in the same boat? Love the over the top sarcastic tone of the language in general.

I'm in the same boat, I may play it in Japanese with English subtitles the second playthrough just for his voice. This game, man.

Sushigod7

I'm in the same boat, I may play it in Japanese with English subtitles the second playthrough just for his voice. This game, man.

Oh damn didn't even think about the actual game! 2nd playthrough in Japanese for sure.

On a separate note SDCC starts tomorrow will we see new MGS collectibles? Anyone hear rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom