• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
havng both otacon and rose on codec and then proceding to not use them for any extra and fun CODEC convos in MGS4 must be one of series' greatest mistakes. Imagine snake and otacon speaking about who exactly was zero, para medic and sigint, or snake and rose discussing how raiden has gone a little crazy.

I've been trying to forget this game as much as I can recently but Dawg's tweet just made it seem so real.
54 days, boys.

It's moving fast, even faster than expected, considering I check on the timer every single day.

Its at 54 days away now, and I remember checking it last week at 62 days left, but that only feels like a day or two ago. Before I know it I'll be seeing the credits. Crazy!

Dawg

We're.... almost there.

CJbBRi5UEAAnguz.jpg:large

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What is going on with Konami? I thought they wanted to hide the fact that MGSV is A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME?

2015-07-0900_23_10-koghxzi.png

2015-07-0900_23_15-ko8xai2.png

Maaaybe Konami really came to their senses and Kojima is not leaving Konami, Kojima Productions is still alive, the "A Hideo Kojima Game" tag and KojiPro logo will be on the MGSV boxart and Silent Hills is happening.

A man can dream lol

2015-07-0901_15_54-korru56.png

https://twitter.com/Konami

Venom Fox

Banned
I'm probably gonna snag a copy somewhere at midnight release, even though I have the Collector's on pre-order from Amazon.

The thirst is real boys.
That's what I was originally gonna do, just get a midnight release copy.

I just can't wait for MGO as well, will we have a clan/team?

Shy

Hi Tora-senpai, i have a quick question.
The PC version of ground zeroes add two new controller configs, will they be in the console versions of TPP. ?
Google map it, I found a pretty good family owned one near me in UK, that will sell me a copy as early as they get it.
Is it in london, if you don't mind me asking. ?

Venom Fox

Banned
Hi Tora-senpai, i have a quick question.
The PC version of ground zeroes add two new controller configs, will they be in the console versions of TPP. ?

Is it in london, if you don't mind me asking. ?
Manchester.
Shitty Manchester lol.

Venom Fox

Banned
Ohh........ ok thanks for answering.

Do they have an online presence. ?
Nah, it's a small family owned game store.

Can't people drove Ken off Twitter because of the penis on the sneaking suit.
I mean, I'm pissed I can't unseen it, but I'll fucking deal with it because it's a stupid minor detail in an otherwise perfect game.

Some people are sad.

Anth0ny

So what are the odds North America gets the MGSV PS4 LE? I'm ready to drop some bills on it but those import fees from Europe are steep!

I feel like the Destiny PS4 LE might hurt our chances here ; _ ;

Some small, insignificant feeling inside of me suspects that Skull Face is not even real -- a Tyler Durden type entity that Big Boss is unaware that he assumes. I'm sure there is already some absurd theory about this making its rounds around the internet.

What led me to even consider this possibility is that in Ground Zeroes, when one of the agents is interrogated, he recalls his encounter with Skull Face, but the lines the agent quotes are from Big Boss.

And then, peculiarly, in the new E3 2015 trailer, if you watch closely between 4:37 - 4:53, it almost seems like Skull Face just materializes out of the blue. His sudden appearance is given no context at all during that panoramic sweep of the camera. It's very odd, I have to admit.

https://youtu.be/GJVxPAiB7as?t=277

Just speculation. Nothing more.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Some small, insignificant feeling inside of me suspects that Skull Face is not even real -- a Tyler Durden type entity that Big Boss is unaware that he assumes. I'm sure there is already some absurd theory about this making its rounds around the internet.

What led me to even consider this possibility is that in Ground Zeroes, when one of the agents is interrogated, he recalls his encounter with Skull Face, but the lines the agent quotes are from Big Boss.

And then, peculiarly, in the new E3 2015 trailer, if you watch closely between 4:37 - 4:53, it almost seems like Skull Face just materializes out of the blue. His sudden appearance is given no context at all during that panoramic sweep of the camera. It's very odd, I have to admit.

https://youtu.be/GJVxPAiB7as?t=277

Just speculation. Nothing more.

this all falls apart when we consider that skullface is obviously a real person who was an agent of Cipher, in contact with him until the LET, and who we see board a helicopter before GZ starts.

Now, I could think that maybe Big Boss encounters Skullface early on in TPP and kills him, but he keeps hallucinating him ala Arkham Knight spoilers
Joker,
to justify his behavior.

Nah, it's a small family owned game store.

Can't people drove Ken off Twitter because of the penis on the sneaking suit.
I mean, I'm pissed I can't unseen it, but I'll fucking deal with it because it's a stupid minor detail in an otherwise perfect game.

Some people are sad.

Has anybody at all let konami/Ken/kojipro/whomever about that back dick? Anybody?

this all falls apart when we consider that skullface is obviously a real person who was an agent of Cipher, in contact with him until the LET, and who we see board a helicopter before GZ starts.

Now, I could think that maybe Big Boss encounters Skullface early on in TPP and kills him, but he keeps hallucinating him ala Arkham Knight spoilers
Joker,
to justify his behavior.

Precisely. And that's why I think this is a very, very slim possibility -- nothing really even to be considered. Big Boss can't be simultaneously infiltrating a base while his Tyler Durden counterpart is boarding a helicopter.

One thing's for certain, there is some inconceivable attribute about Skull Face's identity that makes him almost inhuman, ghostly, nonexistent even. More of an entity. A "phantom," if you will.

Tzmhero

So, do you guys think the PS3 and 360 versions of the game will be good? from what i recall, the Fox Engine was designed to be ported to the older versions... and I haven't gotten to play GZ on my PS3, so i don't know what to expect.

Nvzman

What is going on with Konami? I thought they wanted to hide the fact that MGSV is A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME?

2015-07-0900_23_10-koghxzi.png

2015-07-0900_23_15-ko8xai2.png

Maaaybe Konami really came to their senses and Kojima is not leaving Konami, Kojima Productions is still alive, the "A Hideo Kojima Game" tag and KojiPro logo will be on the MGSV boxart and Silent Hills is happening.

A man can dream lol

2015-07-0901_15_54-korru56.png

https://twitter.com/Konami
I am so confused. Why would Konami do that to their twitter? Are they self-aware now?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Precisely. And that's why I think this is a very, very slim possibility -- nothing really even to be considered. Big Boss can't be simultaneously infiltrating a base while his Tyler Durden counterpart is boarding a helicopter.

One thing's for certain, there is some inconceivable attribute about Skull Face's identity that makes him almost inhuman, ghostly, nonexistent even. More of an entity. A "phantom," if you will.

I'm pretty sure he's real at some point.

Vally

So, do you guys think the PS3 and 360 versions of the game will be good? from what i recall, the Fox Engine was designed to be ported to the older versions... and I haven't gotten to play GZ on my PS3, so i don't know what to expect.

Ground Zeroes still looked amazing on last gen, you should expect basically the same game with a lower resolution and 30 fps instead of 60. If GZ is any indication the PS360 versions of TPP will be just as good

Choomp

Banned
Who else is loving this guys thread ova here right now? I really don't understand the weird patches of passionate haters MGS has

Sn4ke_911

So it says "TRETIJ REBENOK" on Kid Mantis figure.

Anyone from russia can translate what that means?

I hear people saying "The third child", is that correct?

CJdIwkIUYAAjytO.jpg

Edit: Someone from the other thread confirmed it.

third child

Hmm, interesting.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Who else is loving this guys thread ova here right now? I really don't understand the weird patches of passionate haters MGS has

i just dont want to share this world with someone with this bad of an opinion

So it says "TRETIJ REBENOK" on Kid Mantis figure.

Anyone from russia can translate what that means?

I hear people saying "The third child", is that correct?

CJdIwkIUYAAjytO.jpg

Edit: Someone from the other thread confirmed it.

Hmm, interesting.

Yes it's "The third child".
I'm glad that someone beat me to it :)

Sn4ke_911

lol looks like DD is wearing some kind of face protector.

mgsv-tpp-figurine-play-arts-kai-tretij-rebenok-sdcc-2015-s-01.jpg

mgsv-tpp-figurine-play-arts-kai-dd-sdcc-2015-s-01.jpg

mgsv-tpp-figurine-play-arts-kai-dd-sdcc-2015-s-02.jpg

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Big-Boss-Deck.jpg

So unbelievably happy with the visuals for this game. KojiPro made an amazing engine - for a cross gen game it looks unbelievable.

EDIT: 53 days!

Sn4ke_911

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Big-Boss-Deck.jpg

So unbelievably happy with the visuals for this game. KojiPro made an amazing engine - for a cross gen game it looks unbelievable.

EDIT: 53 days!

This guy is a PC gamer and can't stop praising how good the game looks on PS4. He knows what he's talking about since he was at the preview event and got to play the game for 16 or so hours.

From my point of view this makes MGSV the best looking game on the system, maybe even the best looking console game ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDZ9GlFXb3s#t=2m23s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom