• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCell

Definitely not the best looking game on console. It has good lighting which can go a long way and it does run on 60fps. But it lacks tessellation for instance which make a game that much better.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Definitely not the best looking game on console. It has good lighting which can go a long way and it does run on 60fps. But it lacks tessellation for instance which make a game that much better.

Play the game then come back and talk about graphics, i rather believe a guy who spent 16 hours with the game thanks.

You're right! Pre-order cancelled! Got to get me some decent PC to run it on Very Ultra High settings with mods. Lot's of mods.
So I can laugh at console peasants because it will be a different game with 4K, 120 fps, 16XMMSSAOAABBQ, tesselation, ambient oclusion, deffered rendering etc.

8e1.jpg

NOT! PC go home!

Graphics vs aesthetics IMO

The graphics are fantastic (in motion it's buttery smooth with great IQ) but the aesthetics are something else entirely. The new Horizon game, Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky all have great aesthetics too but TPP is in a different league.

Ryan_MSF

What i love the most is the implication that GAF as a "hivemind" is a bunch of metal gear fanboys.

Amusing then that every thread other than this one I enter that discusses metal gear does nothing but talk shit about the series, every single opportunity.

"hivemind" lol

Smfh, yes. I wish someone would say that about Uncharted. People in that MGS thread are like "oh no fanboys coming what have u done", swear tho if someone made a Naughty Dog thread like that, everyone would be yelling directly at OP.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Smfh, yes. I wish someone would say that about Uncharted. People in that MGS thread are like "oh no fanboys coming what have u done", swear tho if someone made a Naughty Dog thread like that, everyone would be yelling directly at OP.

So true.

The worst complaint people tend to have are always aimed at the controls. The games may be old and they're control schemes may seem archaic but they're really not hard to master and once you do you have more tactical freedom than most games released today.

People are too used to games always being based around trigger buttons. It's sad.

Thank you, Ryan :)

It's obvious trolling. No one is that stupid to bash a game like that.
Or he's seven year old and play it mindlessly: bang-bang, skip stupid dialogue, rush forward.

Ryan_MSF

PM me some bullet points and I'll post the thread :)

Will I get banned?
lol.

Edit: Ryan and LD have hit the nail on the head.
The amount of posts that said "release the Kraken" and "oh no, what have you done OP" is fucking stupid.

The only kraken released in that thread is the "fuck metal gear and everything about it" crowd. I don't know if it's just me but I feel as though we're very much in the minority.

Dawg

What is going on with Konami? I thought they wanted to hide the fact that MGSV is A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME?

2015-07-0900_23_10-koghxzi.png

2015-07-0900_23_15-ko8xai2.png

Maaaybe Konami really came to their senses and Kojima is not leaving Konami, Kojima Productions is still alive, the "A Hideo Kojima Game" tag and KojiPro logo will be on the MGSV boxart and Silent Hills is happening.

A man can dream lol

2015-07-0901_15_54-korru56.png

https://twitter.com/Konami

Sn4ke going demon again

RetroMG

Watching the English version of the alternate infiltration methods.

Man, for someone called "Quiet," her humming is really annoying.

Kindekuma

Banned
Man, some people here on NeoGAF really disappoint me now that I've seen that "I can't get over how bad Metal Gear Solid is" thread. It's like giving a huge middle finger to the community here and many other members that like the game as well.

SyberWolf

What annoys me most about that thread is not that he dislikes the game, (we are all entitled to our opinions) it's that his reasons for not liking it are bullshit.

ya some people just dont get the sub text behind the conversations and the games. i think thats the main reason those people dont understand why the game is good.

The thread would've been gone long now if you would've ignored it. Just ignore those stupid threads.

And stop with, yeah some one shits on metal gear so I shit on their beloved franchise. That's not good either.

Also, MGSV will be the best game Kojima ever made.

10/10
I would make a thread about how terrible UC and TLoU are if I wasn't a junior :^)
probably not
For whatever reason some people get extremely salty about MGS. "terrible dialogue. sexist. Cheesy. Shit story. Shallow characters." Blah blah blah

Error1355

Man, some people here on NeoGAF really disappoint me now that I've seen that "I can't get over how bad Metal Gear Solid is" thread. It's like giving a huge middle finger to the community here and many other members that like the game as well.

Meh, if people don't like Metal Gear, then they don't like Metal Gear.

It doesn't bother me any if they didn't enjoy it, nor does it change my own enjoyment of the game and series. =P

OldLogos

Banned
Got tired of waiting. so i fixed it for you.

Meet DK.

Brau. Always. Fucking. Delivers.

Thanks man. /salute

Edit:

I'm browsing through that thread now, and though the guy was hyperbolic at first, he's being pretty reasonable about presenting his opinions on the game.

I don't like that the thread has become a 'people who love MGS' vs. 'people who hate MGS' shit show. We're not going to do anything to convince these people otherwise, and honestly a lot of their reasons for not liking the series - bloated confusing plot, long cutscenes, dialogue, clunky controls - are justified, I think.

I just tried to show my SO last night all of the Meryl cutscenes from 1 because she was curious about female representation in the games. While she didn't have anything bad to say about the representation, we had to stop during snakes "I'm such a loser" monologue when she dies. Its definitely cringeworthy by todays narrative standards (and might have been back then too if not for everything else in the package being so fucking on point for its time).

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The worst complaint people tend to have are always aimed at the controls. The games may be old and they're control schemes may seem archaic but they're really not hard to master and once you do you have more tactical freedom than most games released today.

People are too used to games always being based around trigger buttons. It's sad.

This is the thing I really don't get, people complaining about the old MGS controls. Like, what do you want? The whole game is designed around being played with the actions they give you, with the camera that's given, and I've never had any problems with it. The only real "weird" part about MGS1 as far as controls go is the Sniper Wolf fights, and that's more because of the fucked up PS1 sensibility than the actual controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom