• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonda

The thread would've been gone long now if you would've ignored it. Just ignore those stupid threads.

And stop with, yeah some one shits on metal gear so I shit on their beloved franchise. That's not good either.

Also, MGSV will be the best game Kojima ever made.

Exactly this... we all know vengeance turns people into villains

Nvzman

Man, some people here on NeoGAF really disappoint me now that I've seen that "I can't get over how bad Metal Gear Solid is" thread. It's like giving a huge middle finger to the community here and many other members that like the game as well.
Welcome to the Sonic community on here lol
Absolutely no respect given because of a near-10 year old game and a spinoff that isn't really cannon to anything.

Nvzman

Just me or does Big Boss look a bit like Skullface here?
FAZCeFF.jpg
Remove the eyepatch and I completely see Old Snake.

Error1355

So should I make this "I can't get over how bad Uncharted is" thread or what?

Why start shit when shit doesn't need to be started? Let the people who don't like Metal Gear discuss how much they don't like it, and we can stay in here and discuss how much we like Metal Gear with people who do like Metal Gear.

Nvzman

Why start shit when shit doesn't need to be started? Let the people who don't like Metal Gear discuss how much they don't like it, and we can stay in here and discuss how much we like Metal Gear with people who do like Metal Gear.
This guy gets it!

Guys, just leave it be, stupid to make other threads like this just to prove a fucking point.

Uncharted games are great. Metal Gear Solid games are great.

Error1355

Just to clarify, I don't actually want you to do it. Would be funny reading the reactions though lmao

It'd just be the same as the Metal Gear Solid hate thread except with Uncharted fans/haters.

Just meh, I've seen enough trolling on my time of modding GameFAQs to just find it extremely boring and easy to ignore.

brau

I own Uncharted 1-3. Got all three real cheap.

I beat 1, never cared to start 2 or 3. >_>

aw... 2 is their master piece. You should really play it. You won't be dissapointed. Or wait for the PS4 version and play them at 60fps. I am sure U2 will be worth it.

brau

Have you watched it? The guy is full of his own self-importance. Calling himself analyst! He makes low quality MGS videos on YT and gleans info from forums for his videos. And he's annoying as fuck.

he was gonna make an interview of himself? o_O

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Have you watched it? The guy is full of his own self-importance. Calling himself analyst! He makes low quality MGS videos on YT and gleans info from forums for his videos. And he's annoying as fuck.

Yeah, fuck that guy. He's such a clown.

YongYea haters are the worst Metal Gear fans. The only clowns are you guys who can't appreciate the hard work he puts into his videos.

FYI: Yong was the very first person who found out that a buddy system is in the game.

Stop watching his videos and shut the hell up about him if you don't like him, the only thing that's "annoying as fuck" is the constant hate you kidz have for him, just stfu and don't watch his videos.

Venom Fox

Banned
Ok, then I won't.
I just wanted to see some of the reactions from Uncharted fans, even though technically I'm one of them.

I bet that thread would be locked pretty fast, and you would be juniored. The salt among fans of Uncharted is unreal.
This is what bugs me about GAF, if you don't go with the general hate or love you'll either A) be banned or B) be juniored and given a warning.

What happened to free speech?

Edit: Oh and Error I kinda like Yong, I find his content on MG quite good.

Dawg

FYI: Yong was the very first person who found out that a buddy system is in the game..

Sn4ke pls, this is the one thing you always bring up when people dislike Yong. His channel is a good place to find everything MGS related without having to follow multiple channels, but it's not like he's the ENB of the Metal Gear community. A lot of his stuff are just re-uploads from Konami's own trailers with English subtitles or some speculation from his side.

Yong rarely makes original stuff.

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke pls, this is the one thing you always bring up when people dislike Yong. His channel is a good place to find everything MGS related without having to follow multiple channels, but it's not like he's the ENB of the Metal Gear community. A lot of his stuff are just re-uploads from Konami's own trailers with English subtitles or some speculation from his side.

Yong rarely makes original stuff.

That's why he called himself an "analyst" you smarty.

And yes i followed the MGSV news very closely you know me, and nobody came up with a buddy system. Not on MGI, not on reddit, not on twitch, not on GAF etc. Yong was the very first who came up with it and you haters should give him credit for it. And if not fine, your opinion just stop hating on him every single time someone posts a new Yong video.

"some speculation" ...dude, he made 40 minute or so trailer analysis from the E3 trailers were he found some very interesting stuff.

Let me ask you this, why is it that Yong gets all the hate but someone like uknighted, 3dogg and drk get a pass? have you seen Leo and 3doggs's latest "anlaysis" video? absolutely laughable. It's an almost 2 hours, boring as fuck over long, terrible video with zero preparation. Leo took forever to find out how to watch the trailer frame by frame.

Yong puts a ton of work into his videos, of course not the news videos, he just posted what is new. No shit. But his analysis videos are always very prepared, hell he even writes scripts for those.

2015-07-0922_09_09-yofklr4.png

He writes scripts while the OHN crew and MGN just record without any preparation.

Seriously there is nothing i hate more when someone doesn't get the credit he/she deserves.

realcZk

And yes i followed the MGSV news very closely you know me, and nobody came up with a buddy system. Not on MGI, not on reddit, not on twitch, not on GAF etc. Yong was the very first who came up with it and you haters should give him credit for it. And if not fine, your opinion just stop hating on him every single time someone posts a new Yong video.

"some speculation" ...dude, he made 40 minute or so trailer analysis from the E3 trailers were he found some very interesting stuff.

Let me ask you this, why is it that Yong gets all the hate but someone like uknighted, 3dogg and drk get a pass? have you seen Leo and 3doggs's latest "anlaysis" video? absolutely laughable. It's an almost 2 hours, boring as fuck over long, terrible video with zero preparation. Leo took forever to find out how to watch the trailer frame by frame.

Yong puts a ton of work into his videos, of course not the news videos, he just posted what is new. No shit. But his analysis videos are always very prepared, hell he even writes scripts for those.

He writes scripts while the OHN crew and MGN just record without any preparation.

Seriously there is nothing i hate more when someone doesn't get the credit he/she deserves.

Yeeeoooonnnggg may re-upload a lot of content from other sources sometimes but I do enjoy his analysis videos, and he's pretty good about giving credit where credit is due nowadays when he uses other people's ideas and information. I don't mind watching them, I'm excited to see if he finds anything we haven't noticed yet in the E3 2015 analysis video that should be dropping soon. If you know anyone else who makes analysis videos worth watching let me know... I did see the MGN analysis video and it had pretty poor pacing and was about twice as long as it needed to be, could have benefitted greatly from scripting or editing.

Is there going to be co-op missions? I loved it in Peace Walker...
I've never play co-op in PW what's it all about? It's normal mission but with other players?
You race for points or everyone are trying to do their best, helping each other and all players get the same amount of points?

Dawg

nice

Ryan_MSF

3dogg and the rest of the uknighted guys are streamers, not analysists. That "analysis" video you're talking about seemed to me just more of a skype chat on stream between them both where they discussed it, rather than making a professional 2 hour long edited video like Yong or PythonSelkan - so it's kinda unfair to really compare the two. I get where you're coming from though, and i agree I think the hate towards Yong is unjustified, from watching the codec and the way he interacts he seems like a good dude.

Sn4ke_911

We were talking about a buddy system before Yong made a video about it if I'm remembering right.

That's not correct, I remember exactly when he pointed it out in the afghanistan gameplay demo and then afterwards i went on GAF and posted screenshots of the green Diamond Dogs logo on the map etc.

It was definitely YongYea who found that out.

-Deimos

That's not correct, I remember exactly when he pointed it out in the afghanistan gameplay demo and then afterwards i went on GAF and posted screenshots of the green Diamond Dogs logo on the map etc.

It was definitely YongYea who found that out.

Yeah I remember now too. Nothing to really figure out though, it was kind of obvious and I noticed it myself while watching the video.

Dawg

I just don't like how the meaning of "analysis" turned into a guy pausing a video a bunch of times.

And this is not just related to YongYea.

Remember when we paused the scene from the "Not Your Kind of People" trailer and concluded that Psycho Mantis (in the corner of the scene with the soldier) is probably controlling the soldier, trying to find Big Boss? That's the same speculation as what YongYea does. Of course this means you'll be right every now and then, but I just don't see why stuff like that requires a 40 minute video when you could just discuss it on online forums. Metal Gear Informer, reddit etc is filled with stuff like that.

MattyG

Banned
Well I've started my franchise playthrough in preparation for V. I'm playing in order of release, probably about an hour in to 1 right now.

I've actually never played 1 or PW all the way through actually. About how long should I expect 1 to be?

Rajang

Well I've started my franchise playthrough in preparation for V. I'm playing in order of release, probably about an hour in to 1 right now.

I've actually never played 1 or PW all the way through actually. About how long should I expect 1 to be?

On Easy it's around 10 hours.

RetroMG

Metal Gear 1 or Solid 1?

MG1 is about 3-4 hours with a walkthrough. MGS1 is about 10, I would guess.

RetroMG

Mexen just blew my mind - Why doesn't BB have the horn in MGS4? (Aside from the one incredibly obvious answer, I mean.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom