• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't posted in here yet - huge Metal Gear fan. Beat and played each of them around 5-9 times depending on the entry, except for one title, which I'm currently going through for my second time (the first time being when it was released) and one of the most underappreciated titles in the series outside of the fanbase: VR Missions.

Still so good!

Welcome. Nice name!

Man, I haven't played that in years. I love the murder-mystery and Gray Fox missions on the Special Missions disc.

VR Missions in both MGS and MGS2:S boil everything down into perfect little chunks of pure gameplay that can make the player really stretch the mechanics.

Dawg

YongYea haters are the worst Metal Gear fans. The only clowns are you guys who can't appreciate the hard work he puts into his videos.

Are you expecting me to take this comment seriously, Snake? I don't see how a youtube celebrity is related to people being "real Metal Gear fans" or not.

Then again, I actually play videogames instead of watching streams all day.

Pinewood

And of course nobody of you haters (Dawg, Shy, Infinity Patriot, GHound) could answer my fucking question.

I will ask one more time, I'll even put it in to make it more clear for you guys.

Why is it that ONLY YongYea gets all the hate when people like Metal Gear Informer or MGN do EXACTLY the same shit?

What even are those things

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is this a fucking joke post? Shy hit the nail on the head. Well done.

The worst Metal Gear fans are the ones that suck other fans asses. It's like some of you worship Yong. Why? I don't care if he theorized buddies. You think that because he put a video up about it first means he was the first to theorize it? He more than likely got the idea from someone else. Many of his theories aren't even his own. Come the fuck on... I consider myself a HUGE fan of the series. That being said I can freely criticize something I love. I am not a blind fanboy. I am most definitely not vocal on here either. If I had to choose who's the biggest MGS fan out of all of us, I'd say it's Batzi. Before he was banned, he wouldn't post much here either. Usually only when something needed to be said, news came out, or some sort of discussion about the series.

Ridiculous post. Nobody is worshiping or sucking his ass, all i'm asking is that people who don't like Yong keep their mouths shut when someone posts a YongYea video. If you don't like it fine, just stop coming in here and bitch about and tell everyone how much you hate him, no one cares. There is plenty of Metal Gear stuff you can talk about.

MajorTom

Haven't posted in here yet - huge Metal Gear fan. Beat and played each of them around 5-9 times depending on the entry, except for one title, which I'm currently going through for my second time (the first time being when it was released) and one of the most underappreciated titles in the series outside of the fanbase: VR Missions.

Still so good!

Welcome!
Don't let any of the arguments here put you off. We always
sometimes
make up in the end.

Ridiculous post. Nobody is worshiping or sucking his ass, all i'm asking is that people who don't like Yong keep their mouths shut when someone posts a YongYea video. If you don't like it fine, just stop coming in here and bitch about and tell everyone how much you hate him, no one cares. There is plenty of Metal Gear stuff you can talk about.
Couldn't agree more.

Damn, man this thread went from zero to sixty too quick. I hadn't really kept up with the community thread lately, so apologies to the newcomers who just wanna chat about Metal Gear. Vally did an amazing job putting the thread together, guys, and we are going to ruin it. The way we're going, we will have spent three years on this hype train together and by the time the game is out, we won't even want to play with each other anymore. Everyone chill. Go get your dicks wet or something. Take a breather. Go to a baseball game. Then come back and GET NUCLEAR!!!!!

Venom Fox

Banned
This is pretty much how I feel, I like his work, I do t get why people have to be so vocal about hating him.
Every time one of his videos is posted or he gets mentioned, I don't start writing a paragraph about how much I like him and the work he does, so why do people have to whine about him every time he's brought up?

Edit: Sorry LD, I'll shut up now :p

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, man this thread went from zero to sixty too quick. I hadn't really kept up with the community thread lately, so apologies to the newcomers who just wanna chat about Metal Gear. Vally did an amazing job putting the thread together, guys, and we are going to ruin it. The way we're going, we will have spent three years on this hype train together and by the time the game is out, we won't even want to play with each other anymore. Everyone chill. Go get your dicks wet or something. Take a breather. Go to a baseball game. Then come back and GET NUCLEAR!!!!!

As I said, LD, this Community Thread will become one; I have found the way. Youtuber affiliations, Team A vs. Team B... Even our avatars will be irrelevant. The game that Kojima envisioned will finally be released and it will make this thread whole again

Embearded

No need to fight about a youtuber guys, come on.
Let's just watch the "free infiltration gameplay demo" for the tenth time and relax!!

I really want to play free roam as soon as i get the chance in order to fulton everyone and everything and gather supplies but i also want to experience the magnificent story!
What i know for sure is that i won't get out of home for at least a week!

I've been replaying Peace Walker these days and i have to say that i love the micro management of the Mother Base! It will also be a huge improvement the fact that we can listen to tapes - conversations while on free roam and we are not gonna be stuck on a menu while listening to theme.

Sn4ke_911

This is pretty much how I feel, I like his work, I do t get why people have to be so vocal about hating him.
Every time one of his videos is posted or he gets mentioned, I don't start writing a paragraph about how much I like him and the work he does, so why do people have to whine about him every time he's brought up?

Edit: Sorry LD, I'll shut up now :p

Exactly.

As I said, LD, this Community Thread will become one; I have found the way. Youtuber affiliations, Team A vs. Team B... Even our avatars will be irrelevant. The game that Kojima envisioned will finally be released and it will make this thread whole again

Haha well said :lol

Goddamn I love Zero's original quote from the E3 2015 trailer.

Venom Fox

Banned
Wish I could

EDIT But yeah, I agree with your overall point.
So... Did you google Diamond Kitty?
:p

lol, every time I hear the quotes read it in Zero's voice.

Sn4ke_911

ci9soqeucaayoret9sd4.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn I love Zero's original quote from the E3 2015 trailer.

Me too, man. I like this one from Ocelot too:

"In his eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the world's ever known isn't microbial. It's linguistic. Words are what keeps civilization, our world, alive. Free the world, not by taking men's lives but by taking their tongues."

I've only just noticed how sympathetic that sounds to Skullface's "sans lingua franca" quote.

Curious.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what role the boss will have in tpp, we saw her in the trailer.

Wait, what?! HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

and the unknown voice is code talker, right ?

I don't know what he's doing in Afghanistan or Angola but Codetalker (if you'll forgive the racial profiling) sounds Navajo to me.

The interesting connection there that hasn't been brought up (as far as I've seen) is that the Navajo language was used in times of war as a means of communication on the battlefield. It stopped the enemy ease dropping on commands and was nigh unbreakable. People who used these indecipherable languages were often referred to as Code Talkers.

Oh man yeah, it looks like Kojima's writing got better, i absolutely love those quotes.

Or the translators are getting better :D

It's interesting. He normally references films and stuff for Metal Gear, but this one seems to be more literature based, so it seems fitting that he's upped his game, so to speak.

The last time I heard Kojima make any extensive references to a book was in MGS2 with Paul Auster's trippy-as-all-fuck, post-modern masterpiece The New York Trilogy.

That bodes well, I think.

Error1355

I don't know what he's doing in Afghanistan or Angola but Codetalker (if you'll forgive the racial profiling) sounds Navajo to me.

The interesting connection there that hasn't been brought up (as far as I've seen) is that the Navajo language was used in times of war as a means of communication on the battlefield. It stopped the enemy ease dropping on commands and was nigh unbreakable. People who used these indecipherable languages were often referred to as Code Talkers.

That all makes sense to me, thanks for explaining that.

Dawg

hello my name is s4nic

"UNCHARTED 4 GREATEST GAME? LOL FUCKING FANBOYS LMAO WHAT A JOKE, MORE LIEK UNCHARTED 3.5 AMIRITE"

"WITCHER 3 IS AN AWFUL GAME JESUS CHRIST I HAVE NOT ACTUALLY PLAYED IT BUT I SAW THE STREAM AND THAT GAME IS A 2/10 AT BEST!"

"MGSV GON BE GOTY AND EVERY OTHER GAME OF 2015 IS GARBAGE COMPARED TO IT"

"guis pls stop hatin' on yongyea, you guys are the worst"

Sn4ke_911

Wait, what?! HOW DID I MISS THIS?!

Or the translators are getting better :D

He's talking about the
Mammal Pod
seen in the E3 2015 trailer.

And about the translator quote:

Well the thing is they must follow the script very strictly, i remember an interview with Hayter where he said everytime they wanted to change something and even if it's only one word they have to ask Japan first if they can do that.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
And about the translator quote:

Well the thing is they must follow the script very strictly, i remember an interview with Hayter where he said everytime they wanted to change something and even if it's only one word they have to ask Japan first if they can do that.

That's interesting. Still, it's never quite the same, translating is like being a fresh writer, there has to be interpretation at some level.

Who was that Tom bloke who wrote "Dreaming in a Room" or something about Metal Gear Solid 2? He's a pretty good writer. He wrote this really cool, rambling dissection of MGS4 and pointed out how stuff was lost in translation because the Japanese language has entirely different rules to English, so some of the poetry of Kojima's writing is lost. He mentioned something, like, they don't have an equivalent to "it" in Japanese. Something like that.

I mean, Zero is talking about Boss and then this shows up, I assumed it was 'The Boss'. Obviously not exactly her, but something of her.

Ooooo... if we're both right, wouldn't that mean JD was The Boss AI?!

Rajang

Nice.

hello my name is s4nic

"UNCHARTED 4 GREATEST GAME? LOL FUCKING FANBOYS LMAO WHAT A JOKE, MORE LIEK UNCHARTED 3.5 AMIRITE"

"WITCHER 3 IS AN AWFUL GAME JESUS CHRIST I HAVE NOT ACTUALLY PLAYED IT BUT I SAW THE STREAM AND THAT GAME IS A 2/10 AT BEST!"

Hahahaha.

Sn4ke_911

hello my name is s4nic

Do you have alzheimer or something? I already explained everything sufficiently on gram i'm getting tired of repeating myself, so glad i left this place and now you bring that shit in here? what the hell is wrong with you?

I thought we were done?

The tension here is getting unreal. Pls be excited for the game releasing soon, instead.

Don't bring that telegram drama shit in here ffs, there is a reason why i left.

Or just admit it, you're mad because i unfollowed you on twitter.

Telegram down, guess I'll kill some time here.

How are you doing, Mr. Sn4ke?

See? Dawg ALWAYS trying to start shit.

Dawg

If you have a problem or want to talk about something you PM me and leave the community thread out of this.

What the hell are you talking about, I've always had a problem with you. We're natural born rivals, S4nic. We'll never be friends. Our very existence is based on this rivalry. Our sole purpose is fighting eachother. PMs will not solve anything. Our fate has been decided already.

Sn4ke_911

What the hell are you talking about, I've always had a problem with you. We're natural born rivals, S4nic. We'll never be friends. Our very existence is based on this rivalry. Our sole purpose is fighting eachother. PMs will not solve anything. Our fate has been decided already.

qPKLotZ.jpg

I'm a dog person but couldn't find a better picture.

Venom Fox

Banned
do you know something we don't?
Zero's whole speech is about the Boss's will.

Wait is the argument between Dawg and Sn4ke real? I feel like I'm watching an episode of two and a half men.

Edit: I just got a PM back from Stumpokapow and he says GhostFaceMiller has been taken.
It must have been a lurker or something!

Any good names I should go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom