• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Sylvie Meis today, her son is my cousins best friend, who knew? She's is a beautiful and nice women, but got annoyed buy all the people who were coming to take fotos.

Are bikini pics NSFW on GAF?

Rajang

I met Sylvie Meis today, her son is my cousins best friend, who knew? She's is a beautiful and nice women, but got annoyed buy all the people who were coming to take fotos.

Are bikini pics NSFW on GAF?

This is not really the place for that. You can share them through pm though. :>

But are you Dutch as well? Alot of people from the Benelux in here.

Dawg

Me when i finally have TPP in my hands.

https://twitter.com/Zan_Woo/status/619870527914536961

Can someone make a gif out of this?

Anything is possible, my dear Sn4ke.

giphy.gif

Venom Fox

Banned
Why is GRAM dead?
I've been away for a while.
Somone PM me what happened
Due to a hoax by a not to be named member, the CIA
Patriots
contacted Gram to shut the chat down and everyone is now under investigation, pending charges of suspected Terrorism.

Dawg

Found this today. Looks legit, but could be fake. No thread on gaming, only a single German website mentioned it. Not sure what to believe. Would like a Mad Max steelcase tho.

CJo5LlaUwAAF0AE.jpg:large

Is anyone here part of EuropeGAF? I'm not sure if its alright to ask this in any thread besides the B/S/T thread, but I was wondering if anyone was able and willing to sell the steelbook that comes with the Day One Edition of MGSV in European countries?

So that red lettered notification of hits taken, is that just to let you know how much damage you've taken in succession before health regeneration, or is it deducting points from your score?

Having an opinion on General (Gaming Discussion) is like walking into your own grave isn't it lol.

Bruh that whole conversation just didn't need to happen. People in Gaming will question MGS at any turn, just leave it be. If Mad Max came out in 2016 and that dude said UC4 wouldn't bury it, he would get a tag. Yeah, it's annoying as an MGS fan, but in a Mad Max discussion, just let it go.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
do you guys think that when kojima created the mgs3 support that maybe he already planned them to become the patriots? ive heard that he already had a rought mgs4 story draft in mind that was to be turned into a game by his team while he was in a supervising role, so who knows.

do you guys think that when kojima created the mgs3 support that maybe he already planned them to become the patriots? ive heard that he already had a rought mgs4 story draft in mind that was to be turned into a game by his team while he was in a supervising role, so who knows.

Sure, I think he probably had concepts in mind at the very least (not that I know or anything)-- he pretty much has made every game like it is his last but making the support unit into future Patriots makes a ton of sense, imo, and seems like he left that as an open possibility after 3.

So that red lettered notification of hits taken, is that just to let you know how much damage you've taken in succession before health regeneration, or is it deducting points from your score?

I think it's part of a trial record system like how in Ground Zeroes you get notifications for marking enemies or opening doors in some missions.

If he did have that all planned out, it makes it even worse.
I think it's part of a trial record system like how in Ground Zeroes you get notifications for marking enemies or opening doors in some missions.
What trial could it be for? In GZ, if you have the trial notification on, it shows the word trial with the update.

Sure, I think he probably had concepts in mind at the very least (not that I know or anything)-- he pretty much has made every game like it is his last but making the support unit into future Patriots makes a ton of sense, imo, and seems like he left that as an open possibility after 3.

So many people say he just pulled that facet of the story out of his ass and he does indeed approach each game as though it were his last but I'd always wondered about certain aspects of the characters in question. For instance, when zero briefs snake on the code phrases that must be used to verify the identity of his informant the phrases are "who are the patriots?" and "la-li-lu-le-lo". at the time I thought this was just a wink to the audience but throughout the rest of snake eater it was never mentioned again.

And speaking of snake eater, what exchange, or specific information is given that specifies that Ocelot is the boss' son?

Venom Fox

Banned
Bruh that whole conversation just didn't need to happen. People in Gaming will question MGS at any turn, just leave it be. If Mad Max came out in 2016 and that dude said UC4 wouldn't bury it, he would get a tag. Yeah, it's annoying as an MGS fan, but in a Mad Max discussion, just let it go.
Yeah I know, people just grate on me, you know.

LD I love you man, even though I came back at you being sarcastic you calmed me :) sorry about that by the way, that guy just pissed me right off.

Friends?

So many people say he just pulled that facet of the story out of his ass and he does indeed approach each game as though it were his last but I'd always wondered about certain aspects of the characters in question. For instance, when zero briefs snake on the code phrases that must be used to verify the identity of his informant the phrases are "who are the patriots?" and "la-li-lu-le-lo". at the time I thought this was just a wink to the audience but throughout the rest of snake eater it was never mentioned again.

And speaking of snake eater, what exchange, or specific information is given that specifies that Ocelot is the boss' son?

Snake: "EVA, I wanted to ask you about Ocelot..."
EVA: "Yeah, I know. He's pretty infatuated with you, isn't he?"
Snake: "That's not what I meant. Aren't the Ocelots an elite unit?"
EVA: "Yeah."
Snake: "Then how'd he get to be their commander? He can't be any older than
18 or 19. I can't believe he's already a major..."
EVA: "I heard from the Colonel that he's been given...special treatment."
Snake: "Special treatment?"
EVA: "Yeah. He's the son of some legendary hero or something."
Snake: "No wonder he seems to have the right stuff... So who is this legendary
hero, anyway?"
EVA: "Beats me."
Snake: "..."
EVA: "The Colonel never told me. All I heard was that his mother was supposedly
shot in the gut during battle and that he was born right there, bullets
whizzing past them."
Snake: "A pregnant women in the middle of a battle?"
EVA: "That's what I heard. They say that when the stitched her up, the scar was
shaped like a snake."
Snake: "Well, that's battlefield medicine for you. What about his father, this
legendary hero?"
EVA: "He didn't tell me. I don't think Ocelot's ever met his parents."
Snake: "Are they dead?"
EVA: "Maybe, I don't know. There were a lot of MIAs back then, during the last
days of the war. Ocelot probably would have ended up the same way. But he
was taken in and raised by GRU and Volgin."
Snake: "Because he was special?"
EVA: "That's my guess."

Yeah I know, people just grate on me, you know.

LD I love you man, even though I came back at you being sarcastic you calmed me :) sorry about that by the way, that guy just pissed me right off.

Friends?

Oh, hell yeah man, of course! I totally get where you're coming from, and I agreed with what you were saying in the thread-- it's just, we don't need any more BROTHERS getting banned, is all!!!! I love you, bro, *cqchug.gif*

Venom Fox

Banned
Oh, hell yeah man, of course! I totally get where you're coming from, and I agreed with what you were saying in the thread-- it's just, we don't need any more BROTHERS getting banned, is all!!!! I love you, bro, *cqchug.gif*
Yeah, I don't wanna get banned either, it's stupid that I would've even been banned for discussing something in gaming discussion lol.

The haters always win I guess.
tumblr_mctkh5FaHw1rw2cxto1_400.gif

Venom Fox

Banned
What do you guys mean that you don't want to get banned, for just talking about stuff in general. ?
I went into the Mad Max special edition thread with the intent on asking what the USP's of the game are as I don't like the look of it at the moment.

Some guy was shitting on MGSV, saying it's gonna get smashed in sales by Mad Max so I ended up telling him my opinions on why it won't and why he was wrong.

A few people got worked up so I left.

Basically it's how I got banned the other week, so I don't want a repeat performance. :)

Snake: "EVA, I wanted to ask you about Ocelot..."
EVA: "Yeah, I know. He's pretty infatuated with you, isn't he?"
Snake: "That's not what I meant. Aren't the Ocelots an elite unit?"
EVA: "Yeah."
Snake: "Then how'd he get to be their commander? He can't be any older than
18 or 19. I can't believe he's already a major..."
EVA: "I heard from the Colonel that he's been given...special treatment."
Snake: "Special treatment?"
EVA: "Yeah. He's the son of some legendary hero or something."
Snake: "No wonder he seems to have the right stuff... So who is this legendary
hero, anyway?"
EVA: "Beats me."
Snake: "..."
EVA: "The Colonel never told me. All I heard was that his mother was supposedly
shot in the gut during battle and that he was born right there, bullets
whizzing past them."
Snake: "A pregnant women in the middle of a battle?"
EVA: "That's what I heard. They say that when the stitched her up, the scar was
shaped like a snake."
Snake: "Well, that's battlefield medicine for you. What about his father, this
legendary hero?"
EVA: "He didn't tell me. I don't think Ocelot's ever met his parents."
Snake: "Are they dead?"
EVA: "Maybe, I don't know. There were a lot of MIAs back then, during the last
days of the war. Ocelot probably would have ended up the same way. But he
was taken in and raised by GRU and Volgin."
Snake: "Because he was special?"
EVA: "That's my guess."

Truly the Mariana trench of videogames. But you see that just begs deeper questions. For instance:

-if big boss knew of ocelots origin, why didn't he give any indication to the boss that her son was right under her nose the whole time. It's obvious she didn't tell volgin, anyone in the cobra unit, in GRU, or anyone in general given the "this is the most I've ever talked about myself" line during the final confrontation. Why didn't he tell Ocelot who his mother was for that matter if he knew? Is it because he didn't have the heart to tell him because he just killed their mother? I say "their" because that was one of the roles the boss sorta enacted in snakes life.

-did big boss even piece it together at all of their relation? Or anyone for that matter? Was the birth of her child supposed to be held as confidential along higher military cohorts for some reason? I mean the boss was held up in this high regard as a legendary hero among soldiers east and west. You'd think people would put two and two together. I mean, unless there was by some stretch of the imagination some other female soldier at Normandy who was preggars and also gave birth? Come on.

-what was Kojima's motivation for giving Ocelot that level of relevance other than to justify the liquid arm meta mind fuckery ( the sorrow being his father. Da spirit world mon.)? See this kinda stuff makes you wonder how deep a narrative hole kojima digs for himself when writing this games. It keeps coming back to the precursors within 3 which influence the finality of 4 and whether or not there was a general plan for them all along.

-is kojima going to use some of the surface legal narrative of tpp to imbelish some of these details or does he not give a fuck in order to deliver a deeper message at the expense of canon? Which don't bother me at all if so, I'm just glad we're getting the game.

-is it everyone's consensus that Ocelot is unaware of his relation to the boss because his idolizing of the man who killed his mother wouldn't make any sense if he actually knew the truth?

I mean if you think about it, Ocelot is pretty much the main hero of this franchise because of how far he was willing to go to undo zero's proxy's.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Truly the Mariana trench of videogames. But you see that just begs deeper questions. For instance:

-if big boss knew of ocelots origin, why didn't he give any indication to the boss that her son was right under her nose the whole time. It's obvious she didn't tell volgin, anyone in the cobra unit, in GRU, or anyone in general given the "this is the most I've ever talked about myself" line during the final confrontation. Why didn't he tell Ocelot who his mother was for that matter if he knew? Is it because he didn't have the heart to tell him because he just killed their mother? I say "their" because that was one of the roles the boss sorta enacted in snakes life.

-did big boss even piece it together at all of their relation? Or anyone for that matter? Was the birth of her child supposed to be held as confidential along higher military cohorts for some reason? I mean the boss was held up in this high regard as a legendary hero among soldiers east and west. You'd think people would put two and two together. I mean, unless there was by some stretch of the imagination some other female soldier at Normandy who was preggars and also gave birth? Come on.

-what was Kojima's motivation for giving Ocelot that level of relevance other than to justify the liquid arm meta mind fuckery ( the sorrow being his father. Da spirit world mon.)? See this kinda stuff makes you wonder how deep a narrative hole kojima digs for himself when writing this games. It keeps coming back to the precursors within 3 which influence the finality of 4 and whether or not there was a general plan for them all along.

-is kojima going to use some of the surface legal narrative of tpp to imbelish some of these details or does he not give a fuck in order to deliver a deeper message at the expense of canon? Which don't bother me at all if so, I'm just glad we're getting the game.

-is it everyone's consensus that Ocelot is unaware of his relation to the boss because his idolizing of the man who killed his mother wouldn't make any sense if he actually knew the truth?

I mean if you think about it, Ocelot is pretty much the main hero of this franchise because of how far he was willing to go to undo zero's proxy's.

Ocelot is no one's hero, his plan was to create Outer Heaven and plunge the world into chaos while reviving Liquid's persona, someone who was extremely dangerous and only wanted to kill everyone, including Ocelot's allies like EVA. He pretty much went head first into a plan that Big Boss would've scolded him for.

Kindekuma

Banned
What happened? Where am I? Why can't I move my body? Am I in a dream? Is this real? Something is coming! What is going on? Do they want me dead? What are they after? Do they want us all dead? Why is this happening to me? No escape? Have I gone to hell? Open your eyes. Open your eyes, already.

HYV1ghF.png

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The fuck?

Jim Piddock said Konami’s justification for the low offer is that his character (Zero) won’t be seen as much in the game, but mostly heard (probably trough cassette tapes, given The Phantom Pain’s method of storytelling). When Yong asked if we won’t see Zero at all, Piddock once again said we won’t see the character ‘that much’.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=20712

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom