• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I feel with the boss, who already being an awesome character in 3 (and my favourite MGS character in general) then in peace walker through the cassettes with Strangelove (and to a lesser extent Eva) Kojima went overboard with teling us just how super amazing she was, making her feel like less of a rounded character.

Ah, fair enough.

I always took EVA's tapes as more or less an expanded rehash of her closing monologue from MGS3. The Boss came off quite beleaguered considering all the crap she gets put through. Goes with the messianic territory, I guess.

Strangelove is in love with her, so I never found her glowing descriptions out of place.

Shy

Ah, fair enough.

I always took EVA's tapes as more or less an expanded rehash of her closing monologue from MGS3. The Boss came off quite beleaguered considering all the crap she gets put through. Goes with the messianic territory, I guess.

Strangelove is in love with her, so I never found her glowing descriptions out of place.
Both things are true.

To me, it always felt like Kojima was guiding the Lilly.

Venom Fox

Banned
I thought it could have been a character that has been in a previous game, that is Alive in this game?

For example, Zero dies in MGS4 but he's alive in TPP, then he'd be brought back from the dead then wouldn't he?

I dunno, excited though,

Just came across this tweet by Kojima, around the time he was writing TPP:

Now who might that be?

He addressed this back at TGS last year:

A while ago, Kojima supposedly said he brought back a character he killed before. Now he clarified that he meant ‘a character killed off during planning’. So not a character that was dead in the story, but one that wasn’t in the story before.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16109

Shy

I thought it could have been a character that has been in a previous game, that is Alive in this game?

For example, Zero dies in MGS4 but he's alive in TPP, then he'd be brought back from the dead then wouldn't he?

I dunno, excited though,
TPP is a prequel to 4.

search

Got a feeling that this, in snake eater fashion, is the end of the game. Very similar to the last time we see Eva.

Venom Fox

Banned
TPP is a prequel to 4.
I know it's a prequel.
Brought back doesn't mean it's someone who magically comes back to life, I said it could have been a character that died in a future game that is alive in MGSV.

That would mean a dead character was brought back :)
Few developers go this far for realism in a game.

Just look at Naughty Dog for example, they're doing it wrong.

2015-07-1302_59_57-un8rrmm.png
He's just woke up on a beach after being unconscious, I doubt the last thing on his mind is "finger off the trigger".

Naughty Dogs games are some of the best in the industry, I don't think they wouldn't have have thought of this.

Edit: for instance.

uncharted2

Shy

I know it's a prequel.
Brought back doesn't mean it's someone who magically comes back to life, I said it could have been a character that died in a future game that is alive in MGSV.

That would mean a dead character was brought back :)
Ahhh, sorry, i misunderstood your post.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MGS so realistic they have future tech in the 70s and 80s.

Yes because im clearly talking about the lore silly.

I'm talking about the military stuff, weapon handling, movement etc.

No game is as realistic as the Metal Gear Solid series when it comes to this.

Venom Fox

Banned
What are you talking about?
"Keep your finger off the trigger until the gun is properly lined up"

Big Boss has lined the gun up at the target.

Although you are correct in stating that he does lower the gun after aiming.
The fact still remains, if he kept his finger off the trigger while turning and aiming like that in real life, he'd be dead with a bullet hole in his head.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
"Keep your finger off the trigger until the gun is properly lined up"

Big Boss has lined the gun up at the target.

Again, he lowers the gun afterwards so there is no dangerous target in sight. He's just checking out the location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom