• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If we were going to see him at all, I'd have imagined it would only be towards the end.

Did you watch the interview?

No i did not but i thought Zero would be one of the main baddies and now they reveal that we won't see much of him? the fuck?

Wow there gotta be more to it, i have faith in Kojima. What are you hiding Kojimaaaaaa??

Mexen

Zero = Skullface ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Looks like we'll get a few tapes with him on them and one cutscene where he gives some convoluted grandiose speech about revenge before he escapes and leaves to some boss fight.

Mexen

V0 days left.

tumblr_n9fs2jtVvH1svg4x1o1_400.gif

There. Much better. :p

We're getting closer!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
No i did not but i thought Zero would be one of the main baddies and now they reveal that we won't see much of him? the fuck?

Wow there gotta be more to it, i have faith in Kojima. What are you hiding Kojimaaaaaa??

Don't do this to yourself, man. What I took from it was that the majority of his appearance will be tape based ("The Man Who Sold The World") with perhaps some kind of final face-to-face confrontation. Remember, the main mystery surrounding Zero is his location.

Considering he's not voicing Zero in TTP, how the fuck would Piddock even know this?

Jim said that the reason Konami weren't willing to pay him much is because he doesn't have much actual "screen time". They said he'll be heard a lot, but rarely seen.

Sn4ke_911

Don't do this to yourself, man. What I took from it was that the majority of his appearance will be tape based ("The Man Who Sold The World") with perhaps some kind of final face-to-face confrontation. Remember, the main mystery surrounding Zero is his location.

Jim said that the reason Konami weren't willing to pay him much is because he doesn't have much actual "screen time". They said he'll be heard a lot, but rarely seen.

What do you mean "Don't do this to yourself"? you really think the whole story is just behind cassette tapes? there gotta be more to it, we have seen nothing yet and the fact that Zero is barely seen in the game is pretty wow. I stand to my theory that the main baddie will be
Solid Snake

What do you mean "Don't do this to yourself"? you really think the whole story is just behind cassette tapes? there gotta be more to it, we have seen nothing yet and the fact that Zero is barely seen in the game is pretty wow. I stand to my theory that the main baddie will be
Solid Snake

Tell us what you were expecting Sn4ke. Were you expecting a fist fight with Zero or something?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean "Don't do this to yourself"?

Read into things that aren't there. It'll only lead to disappointment.

you really think the whole story is just behind cassette tapes? there gotta be more to it, we have seen nothing yet and the fact that Zero is barely seen in the game is pretty wow. I stand to my theory that the main baddie will be
Solid Snake

No, I don't think it'll all be on cassette tapes, I reckon the majority of Zero's development and speaking parts will be. I think there will be one major confrontation with Zero (pun intended) which they will build up with tapes, occasional references by other characters, and just maybe a couple of very quick cut-to scenes peppered throughout the game.

It's not "wow" to me, it's pretty much what I would expect. Zero's greatest character trait post MGS3 is his mystery. If I were making TPP, I would hold on to that till the last possible minute so the reveal has as much impact as possible.

Your theory is cool but I highly doubt it. Do you mean "final" rather than "main"?

Sn4ke_911

Tell us what you were expecting Sn4ke. Were you expecting a fist fight with Zero or something?

No i were expecting to see more of him.

Read into things that aren't there. It'll only lead to disappointment.

No, I don't think it'll all be on cassette tapes, I reckon the majority of Zero's development and speaking parts will be. I think there will be one major confrontation with Zero (pun intended) which they will build up with tapes, occasional references by other characters, and just maybe a couple of very quick cut-to scenes peppered throughout the game.

It's not "wow" to me, it's pretty much what I would expect. Zero's greatest character trait post MGS3 is his mystery. If I were making TPP, I would hold on to that till the last possible minute so the reveal has as much impact as possible.

Your theory is cool but I highly doubt it. Do you mean "final" rather than "main"?

Yeah i mean final ;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah i mean final ;)

That's certainly a possibility; a remote one, but still. Zero is definitely the main baddie though, with Eli potentially acting as his "Starscream".

I reckon Skullface is a big fat red herring. I'd put money on him being the second or third boss encounter (after
the encounter with The Skulls and the optional Quiet fight
). It'll be in the style of Revolver/Olga/Ocelot but with only one bullet at a time, a very quick reload sequence, and in a open world setting. Mark my words! :D

Well, there has to be a fist fight, he was in the SAS and he did operations with The Boss.... ;)

Zero, to me, had always been about his machinations rather than him as an individual.

When Peace Walker had scant references to Zero, until that very final twist, that to me, is fundamentally how I see Zero's core portrayal, and I kinda expect to see that continue in TPP.

Personally, I expect Zero to be referenced a lot, but my own 'assumed' expectations of it is that we will mostly see Zero from the perspective of another character talking about what he's doing, but we will not see Zero, until the very end of the MGSV TPP, and even then, I don't expect Big Boss to come face to face with Zero.

I expect something along the lines of :
- BB reaches Zero's location, but he's not there. All that's left is a recording/call to Zero.
- BB reaches Zero's location, but they're separated by a huge distance, have their talk, and Zero vanishes once more.

Zero, to me, had always been about his machinations rather than him as an individual.

When Peace Walker had scant references to Zero, until that very final twist, that to me, is fundamentally how I see Zero's core portrayal, and I kinda expect to see that continue in TPP.

Personally, I expect Zero to be referenced a lot, but my own 'assumed' expectations of it is that we will mostly see Zero from the perspective of another character talking about what he's doing, but we will not see Zero, until the very end of the MGSV TPP, and even then, I don't expect Big Boss to come face to face with Zero.

I expect something along the lines of :
- BB reaches Zero's location, but he's not there. All that's left is a recording/call to Zero.
- BB reaches Zero's location, but they're separated by a huge distance, have their talk, and Zero vanishes once more.

Pretty much he's basically meant to be in hiding until he's found at the end of MGS4.
I don't think it'll work if they tease it too many times when there can be no ultimate resolution to it in this game.

GHound

Pretty much he's basically meant to be in hiding until he's found at the end of MGS4.
I don't think it'll work if they tease it too many times when there can be no ultimate resolution to it in this game.

Barring any mind melting twists.

"Haha! The prequels were set in an alternate universe all along! DID YOU RIKE IT?!"

Wouldn't even be mad.

SyberWolf

Barring any mind melting twists.

"Haha! The prequels were set in an alternate universe all along! DID YOU RIKE IT?!"

Wouldn't even be mad.

ya what if they decide to say "f*ck it lets rewrite the MGS history and the MGS4 ending"
so that they can start fresh with the series.
like a franchise reboot all done in the fox engine.

Dawg

I stand by my theory that Skull Face will be an early boss in the game, he'll get killed (?) and what happens next is that, despite his death, he will be a recurring character.

Only seen by Big Boss. Possibly hallucinating through his horn. Tyler Durden style. I think that would explain why we've never really seen Skull Face communicate with anyone but Big Boss ever since GZ.

I think that would explain why we've never really seen Skull Face communicate with anyone but Big Boss ever since GZ.

I don't think that's really the case even if the theory turns out to be true.
We've seen SF arriving on a helipad with his crew, Snake riding with SF and his crew, Snake meeting him upside down which
is meant to be really early on
and SF grabbing Emmerich by his tie.
The only one which looks weird is the obvious one on Mother base.

Kojima said that Zero will play a role in the game and his relationship with Big Boss would be portrayed but it won't be the focus of the story. I expect the game to mention Zero quite a bit, especially through cassette tapes, but I think the on-screen enemy throughout the game will be someone entirely different.

If that was Paz in the trailer, I suspect it will be her that gathers intel on Zero and brings it to Snake.

Dawg

I don't think that's really the case even if the theory turns out to be true.
We've seen SF arriving on a helipad with his crew, Snake riding with SF and his crew, Snake meeting him upside down which
is meant to be really early on
and SF grabbing Emmerich by his tie.
The only one which looks weird is the obvious one on Mother base.

I should have expanded on this. Knowing MGSV will be a long game, all of those scenes could still be "early game", before his death.

LowParry

I stand by my theory that Skull Face will be an early boss in the game, he'll get killed (?) and what happens next is that, despite his death, he will be a recurring character.

Only seen by Big Boss. Possibly hallucinating through his horn. Tyler Durden style. I think that would explain why we've never really seen Skull Face communicate with anyone but Big Boss ever since GZ.

First rule of Metal Gear...

Sn4ke_911

That scene with Snake upside down got leaked by a previewer, at least it sounds very similar.

Obvious spoiler warning.

It's actually Kid Mantis who holds Snake up like that. It ends with Skull Face and Mantis flying or driving away with the new Metal Gear.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Zero is still alive and well in MGS4 and his plan completely came to fruition and almost ruined the world. There was no way Big Boss would ever see him in MGSV.

Mexen

Where he always is, in the shadows. :p

Lol. Pulling those strings is fascinating to me! I would be interested in seeing Zero's actions up to his vegetative state in some form of media. Does Kojima realise he isn't done yet?

Shy

Lol. Pulling those strings is fascinating to me!
me too.

To answer your question seriously though, by the Time of MGS1 the AI's were in complete control, and zero wasn't there any more, so to spaek.
would be interested in seeing Zero's actions up to his vegetative state in some form of media.
Me too, but after peace walker, where i felt Kojima went overboard and turned the Boss into a mary sue, i'd worry he would ruin it. So i think it's best to just leave it up to the imagination.

Also, sometimes it's best to leave thing mysterious, cause it'll never by what we want it to be.
Does Kojima realise he isn't done yet?
I don't believe he has.

Shy

What do you mean?
I feel with the boss, who already being an awesome character in 3 (and my favourite MGS character in general) then in peace walker through the cassettes with Strangelove (and to a lesser extent Eva) Kojima went overboard with teling us just how super amazing she was, making her feel like less of a rounded character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom