• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Åesop;172030409 said:
But what if not kill? (° ͜ʖ °)

Paz no kill ! (° ͜ʖ °)

Screen-Shot-2015-06-19-at-00.30.52.png

Risev1

Guys guys, I think we've somehow missed this image, which I don't know from where it appeared exactly:

mgs-v-chiude-kojima-productions.jpg

It's definitely from the scene in the E3 2015 trailer with the Skulls, but in the trailer we only see one of them clearly. This particular shot was not in any of the trailers or the images posted on the official MGSV site.

Skullface

Guys guys, I think we've somehow missed this image, which I don't know from where it appeared exactly:

mgs-v-chiude-kojima-productions.jpg

It's definitely from the scene in the E3 2015 trailer with the Skulls, but in the trailer we only see one of them clearly. This particular shot was not in any of the trailers or the images posted on the official MGSV site.

I get the feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of cloning going on. All the skulls seem to be identical to eachother.

Skullface

Yup, that's what I'm thinking too. How many embryos were there in total from Les Infant Terrible Project?

Furthermore, who's to say that LET was exclusive to cloning Big Boss? We know this was the main purpose, but what about testing on other subjects prior to cloning Big Boss to perfect their method? Or perhaps just general use of the technology after the fact.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Furthermore, who's to say that LET was exclusive to cloning Big Boss? We know this was the main purpose, but what about testing on other subjects prior to cloning Big Boss to perfect their method? Or perhaps just general use of the technology after the fact.

True dat.

Brain fart: If they were LET related, that would make the Skulls his kids, twisted monstrous reflections of Big Boss (like Liquid!), which'd tie in quite nicely with his "spiral into evil" (although I'm thinking this will more likely be some kind of misunderstanding a la The Boss, since that was meant to be one of the themes of the game according to Kojima).

Oh...

...and it'd technically make Quiet BB's daughter.

O_O

That might muddy the waters a bit though.

Skullface

Wow, John Lennon's "Jealous Guy" shuffled its way on to my iPhone and I though, gee, Zero might listen to this and think of Big Boss:

"I was dreaming of the past
and my heart was beating fast
I began to lose control
I began to lose control
I didn't mean to hurt you
I'm sorry that I made you cry
Oh my I didn't want to hurt you
I'm just a jealous guy"

Edit: Then I started to think, Watching the Wheels reminds me of Zero as well:

"People say I'm crazy, doing what I'm doing
Well, they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin
When I say that I'm okay, well, they look at me kinda strange
"Surely, you're not happy now, you no longer play the game"

People say I'm lazy, dreaming my life away
Well, they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me
When I tell them that I'm doing fine watching shadows on the wall
"Don't you miss the big time, boy. You're no longer on the ball"

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go

Ahhh, people ask me questions, lost in confusion
Well, I tell them there's no problem, only solutions
Well, they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind
I tell them there's no hurry, I'm just sitting here doing time

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go
I just had to let it go"

Maybe it's just because Lennon's a Brit that I'm thinking these thoughts... 😅

Why is it that when cloning gets brought up it's always about Big Boss? Why can't it be about general cloning experiments?

Or it's some dreadful shit like "Is Paz a clone of The Boss?" Yeah she looks it!? :D

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it that when cloning gets brought up it's always about Big Boss? Why can't it be about general cloning experiments?

Whilst it is entirely possible that there were other programmes, LET is literally the only example of cloning we've been told about in the entire MGS universe so far. I'm adverse to adding in stuff that hasn't been alluded to or shown (organisations, people etc.) when going off on a crappy theory craft rant. At the end of the day, I'm spouting bollocks speculation, but I try to keep my bollocks grounded in stuff we already know. :)

The reason Big Boss is cloned is because he's the best soldier evaz,!!1! so it seems redundant to clone anyone else when you're making super-soldiers, even if you're improving them with Quiet-like powers. Better to give said powers to a clone of the world's greatest soldier than, say, a random passerby.

L.E.T was a secret until 2005. Gray Fox and others were experimented on outside of L.E.T, so I don't see the problem. And L.E.T was between 1972 and 1976, so all these clones would be at most 12...and they're not. You have to add other reasons and techniques to the story to make it work whatever way you look at it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
L.E.T was a secret until 2005. Gray Fox and others were experimented on outside of L.E.T, so I don't see the problem.

Gray Fox isn't a clone, is he...? I haven't played PO but I believe it is considered non-canon (at least in it's details).

EDIT: Oh, I get your point. D'oh. To be fair though, the experimentation conducted on Gray Fox was done by exactly the same person who headed the LET project: Dr Clark.

And L.E.T was between 1972 and 1976, so all these clones would be at most 12...and they're not.

Accelerated ageing has been mentioned in previous entries (MGS2 first, I think). Solidus appears much older than Liquid and Solid, after all. So, whilst The Skulls may seem like fully grown adults, that doesn't preclude them from being literally 12 years old.

EDIT: In fact, that would make The Skulls doubly creepy and ties in rather nicely with the whole Child Soldier thing going on.

I'm now convinced they are 12 years old :D

You have to add other reasons and techniques to the story to make it work whatever way you look at it.

No you don't. Besides, I'm not saying you're not allowed to add shit in, I'm saying I try not to. Occam's Razor, innit?

At the end of the day, it's pure speculation. That's why I preceded the whole thing with "Brain-fart" :D

I don't think he was inferring that Fox was a clone, just that wacky experiments happened to other folks outside of the LET. So other clone projects may have existed that didn't have Big Boss in mind

Yeah, I caught that just before you posted. Again though, the experiments on Gray Fox were conducted by the same person who did LET, so it's not like there have been any projects mentioned of that ilk outside of the work Dr Clark and The Patriots were doing.

Skullface

Gray Fox isn't a clone, is he...? I haven't played PO but I believe it is considered non-canon (at least in it's details)

I don't think he was inferring that Fox was a clone, just that wacky experiments happened to other folks outside of the LET. So other clone projects may have existed that didn't have Big Boss in mind

At the time I fucking loved PoOPs. Having my hopes for a PS2 quality Metal Gear Solid title built up and broken down by Ac!d, I was so stoked to have a "true" MGS experience on my beloved handheld. In retrospect, I hate what they did with the story, especially Fox. They tried to make him a proto ninja and it was just stupid as fuck. They made him very Winter Soldier like.

No you don't. Besides, I'm not saying you're not allowed to add shit in, I'm saying I try not to.
Not wishing to sound like a smart ass, but you just did by saying 12 year olds could be aged into adults in 12 years :D That's something we've never seen. If Solidus had aged at that rate he would have been dead before 2009.

And Dr Clark was responsible for trying to create perfect soldiers, that's what the cyborg ninja was about. And there really isn't much of a leap between him and the Skulls. She definitely has the right skills to do both cloning and experimental surgery.

It's Paz though, she the one who kicked this all off! :D She exploded, no doubt about it. There's always the possibility that the glove waving in front of her face isn't Big Boss' and it's not her lying on the table. Maybe the Skulls are just similar looking bald woman? :D This is what happens if you don't add things...we got nothing! :p :D

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Not wishing to sound like a smart ass, but you just did by saying 12 year olds could be aged into adults in 12 years :D That's something we've never seen. If Solidus had aged at that rate he would have been dead before 2009.

Haha! Smartass away, chief!

By adding an extra element, I mean whole other factors outside the ones we have been presented i.e. a rival organisation to The Patriots with advanced cloning tech, a Russian equivalent to FOXHOUND, or a race of hyper-intelligent mushroom people that use spoors to control people's minds etc. None of those things have been alluded to or shown (unless I missed a memo!).

So, in this instance, speculating on the variables of accelerated ageing isn't outside of the box thinking because A) Accelerated ageing is part of the series (MGS2 and MGS4), and B) it's shown to have variability between subjects in the same batch (the difference between Solidus and Solid).

Wrong or right, if I say 'The Skulls are imperfect clones of Big Boss that have been aged incredibly fast", I'm not adding elements to the series, I'm tying things together than have already been shown and speculating on a variable that has proven to be just that: variable. :)

Well, at least, I am in my mind. Did that make sense...? I don't know if it did.

And Dr Clark was responsible for trying to create perfect soldiers, that's what the cyborg ninja was about. And there really isn't much of a leap between him and the Skulls. She definitely has the right skills to do both cloning and experimental surgery.

Sure. That is definitely an interesting possibility. Way better than the clone theory! It seems to tie in nicely with few loose ends and doesn't seem to add anything too. There are certainly similarities between Gray Fox's ability set (and possibly origins) and The Skulls, although the former's "powers" seem to provided by the exo-skeleton. Maybe they aren't...? OOOOO. Also, they have similar freak-outs.... man, i'm totally sold on this. Nice work!

Don't you think LET is basically an off-shoot of the Perfect Soldier Programme (or vice-versa)? I mean they are essentially shooting for similar goals.

It's Paz though, she the one who kicked this all off! :D She exploded, no doubt about it. There's always the possibility that the glove waving in front of her face isn't Big Boss' and it's not her lying on the table. Maybe the Skulls are just similar looking bald woman? :D This is what happens if you don't add things...we got nothing! :p :D

No, you fool, that's even more interesting! I didn't even think of connecting Paz to The Skulls! You think they look similar? What about Quiet though?

See, theorycrafting/bollocks speculation is far more fun with you don't add stuff :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom