• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_MSF

Awesome! Congratulations by the way.

Wew lad

(Did I do it right?)

Happy birthday, Screaming Meat's alt.

100 lat Ryan!

Thank you all BROTHERS!, you're all legends in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield

You+did+a+great+thing+that+day+op+_a2ce4182a24efa07bbcbb406b222fd77.png

Skele7on

Banned
The embargo didn't end apparently. i think they said on twitter plans changed but yeah i am expecting the worst for MGO sadly

Uhhh ohhh, well I hope it does turn out to be good. I actually would take a delay on MGO so they can at least get it right before releasing something that isn't worthy of the MGO name.

Wait, you want to add more things trying to kill you? Kurwa mać! ;)

Operation Snake Eater taught me that everything tries to kill you. Gavial could kill you, leeches will suck your blood, scorpions and spiders and snakes will sting you. Even a goat (mankhor is a goat, right?) will attack.
I really missed hostile environment in FC2.

I forgot about this! I wonder if you'll be able to select it as a load out scenario (similar to the insertion time) or if you have support change the weather at will.

That would be awesome, then you could plan the perfect mission and adapt everything to your own play style.

I think his phrasing was silly as hell (His sneaking suite looks like smooth latex after the the injury), but there is a noticeable difference.

I just found it weird that anyone would come up with an explanation other than it got liquid (small L) splashed on it. We've been looking at Snake in a shiny wet suit for 3 years.

Skullface

Niiiiiiiice.

Maybe Mother Base will get it's own weatherwoman. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

In a cross over courtesy of
Squae Enix
, you'll be able to recruit a super soldier named
Squall
that will be able to control the weather. His appearance will be identical to his Kingdom Hearts variant, though he's technically a different character all together[/spoiler].

I just found it weird that anyone would come up with an explanation other than it got liquid (small L) splashed on it. We've been looking at Snake in a shiny wet suit for 3 years.

Don't get me wrong, you're very right lol. His explanation on that matter was silly. The only thing he was right about is that the texture of the suite appears different before and after, but that the suit melted? I don't know... Not to mention, in my experience, latex isn't terribly smooth and shiny. What I found most annoying was his matter-of-factly referring to the suit as latex over and over again. Then again, he confused the phantom cigar with some kind of explosive because it had grenade stamped on it. Oh well, I still enjoyed the video. I r8 8/8.

bojie1986

Man i love how tight the controls are in mgs4. in my opinion, the transition from crawl to crouch position is better in mgs4 than in gz..

Error1355

I was going to replay MGS4 to refresh myself on it, having not finished it since 2008. However with Metal Gear Scanlon 4 just starting up on Giant Bomb, I'll prolly just watch the game that way.

I really don't get this hate for Yong? People make it sound like he's constantly creating crazy theories, he's just reporting news for people who aren't hardcore fans. And he never acts like he's telling you "this is a fact".

And I don't get the problem with the clear observation of the sneaking suit? It's not liquid, because it's not there before the explosion.

Saying that, the general use of eye colour among theorists is ridiculous. And the whole "It's The Boss A.I" is just shortsighted.

Also, PythonSelkan got owned :D

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't get this hate for Yong? People make it sound like he's constantly creating crazy theories, he's just reporting news for people who aren't hardcore fans. And he never acts like he's telling you "this is a fact".

And I don't get the problem with the clear observation of the sneaking suit? It's not liquid, because it's not there before the explosion.

Saying that, the general use of eye colour among theorists is ridiculous. And the whole "It's The Boss A.I" is just shortsighted.

Also, PythonSelkan got owned :D

I don't hate him, but my problem is that he's stretching his videos to like 1-2 hours when most of it can be explained in 5 minutes. And he keeps repeating obvious information over and over again while showing off proof even though its completely unnecessary. This get's even more annoying for me since he talks VERY slow ( ͡° _ʖ ͡°) Or maybe its because I already know 90% of the stuff he "reveals". I like his reaction videos and interviews though

Sushigod7

This is really the first video analysis of his I've watched I fell asleep last night watching while some of it is interesting he is beating the dead horse in some points. Recaps at the end of each screen he paused is a bit much but I do think overall the information is interesting. There is no need to stretch out for so long he could certainly do it in half the time 5 minutes no but 40min to 1hr sure.

Error1355

I've never seen any of his videos at all, but the more I hear about him the less I think I'd like his content.

Either way, I don't think I have it in me to watch a two hour(?!) long video about a 6 minute trailer.

wilsonda

I lIke Yong's videos too but I do understand the criticism.

Sometimes his videos are stretched long with little content

However it's always fun to hear someone talk about mgsv especially when I'm doing chores around my apartment

Sushigod7

I lIke Yong's videos too but I do understand the criticism.

Sometimes his videos are stretched long with little content

However it's always fun to hear someone talk about mgsv especially when I'm doing chores around my apartment

Yeah my thought too. All MGSV info is good!

LowParry

I've never seen any of his videos at all, but the more I hear about him the less I think I'd like his content.

Either way, I don't think I have it in me to watch a two hour(?!) long video about a 6 minute trailer.

Or just be the sensible player and just ignore everything about MGSV until Sept 1st. I don't need to hear about any more silly theories. They're all stupid. All that's left is some MGO info and I'm set.

RetroMG

How many of y'all are in the midst of marathoning the series? I want to get started, but I may not have enough time...

I am, but I'm struggling with it.

I started with MG 1 & 2, because I had never played them and we're coming so close to the time when those games actually took place. They were fun, but frustrating. (Especially MG2. Holy hell, does that game have a ton of annoying backtracking.)
Then I moved on to MGS1 and... I don't know. The super long cutscenes and codec calls never used to bother me, but maybe it's because I'm older, I just don't have the attention span to listen to Liquid go on about his genes for 45 minutes.
I think the bottom line is that I've played these games SO many times and I'm ready for something new. When I finished MGS1 I decided to skip to MGS3 so I could just do Big Boss' story so far, (MGS3 and Peace Walker,) but I'm even having to force myself through MGS3, which has always been my favorite. I'm nearly at the end (just killed The Fury,) so I'm going to push through and then play Peace Walker. (Which I've played, but have never finished.) Then if I have time and interest, I may go back and play MGS2 and MGS4 again.

June was a particularly hard month for me, and in the aftermath I've been finding myself going back to basics in a number of ways, including games. With Phantom Pain looming, I jumped back into Ground Zeroes in a more thorough approach clearing the side ops and playing it like a damn fiddle possessed.

It's got me jonzing to revisit the originals. I have 1, 2, 3 AND the PS3 HD reissue here but don't have a PS2 or 3 to get on with it. Until I do, I've really enjoyed perusing this thread and seeing the dedication to this series. Having gone with the Xbox 360 last gen I ended up missing out on the release of MGS4 and didn't play it until 4 years after release, well past the hype. I'm gonna be right there for the Phantom Pain release in all it's out there glory.

June was a particularly hard month for me, and in the aftermath I've been finding myself going back to basics in a number of ways, including games. With Phantom Pain looming, I jumped back into Ground Zeroes in a more thorough approach clearing the side ops and playing it like a damn fiddle possessed.

It's got me jonzing to revisit the originals. I have 1, 2, 3 AND the PS3 HD reissue here but don't have a PS2 or 3 to get on with it. Until I do, I've really enjoyed perusing this thread and seeing the dedication to this series. Having gone with the Xbox 360 last gen I ended up missing out on the release of MGS4 and didn't play it until 4 years after release, well past the hype. I'm gonna be right there for the Phantom Pain release in all it's out there glory.
tumblr_lw4e3yPclH1qd6p6fo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom