• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kojima directed Metal Gear Solid 6 starring The Boss during WW2 on Kickstarter when?

Sony begins the Kickstarter, Konami holds Kojima's family in a cell, Kojima works on MGS6: Sons of The Boss, Kojima finishes MGS6 and is told that he ever wants to see his loved ones again, he'd have to finish MGS7: The Legendary Missing Link.

Kindekuma

Banned
Sony begins the Kickstarter, Konami holds Kojima's family in a cell, Kojima works on MGS6: Sons of The Boss, Kojima finishes MGS6 and is told that he ever wants to see his loved ones again, he'd have to finish MGS7: The Legendary Missing Link.

Konami holding his family hostage ever since MGS2.

Kindekuma

Banned
Gaming has changed.

It's no longer about fun games, hardware, or players. It's an endless series of micro-transaction, incompetent developers, and timed exclusives. Games, and it's consumption of money has become a well-oiled machine. Gaming has changed. DLC-tagged players carry DLC-tagged games, use DLC-tagged weapons. Downloadable content inside their consoles enhance and regulate their gameplay. Console control, online control, used games control, fun control…everything is monitored and kept under control. Gaming has changed.

Oh wow... is this still being talked? or this a thing? thats a pretty cool incentive to get the game then. I would buy the game just to get the bluray. :)

EB games in Australia already confirmed they are doing it so i wouldn't be surprised if other retailers in other countries follow.

Gaming has changed.

It's no longer about fun games, hardware, or players. It's an endless series of micro-transaction, incompetent developers, and timed exclusives. Games, and it's consumption of money has become a well-oiled machine. Gaming has changed. DLC-tagged players carry DLC-tagged games, use DLC-tagged weapons. Downloadable content inside their consoles enhance and regulate their gameplay. Console control, online control, used games control, fun control…everything is monitored and kept under control. Gaming has changed.

Can't wait to use them in MGS V

Nuke Soda

Gaming has changed.

Winning.

1 month 13 days left lads.
6 weeks!

How hard are you all going to find it around 2 weeks from release?

I'll continue being the soulless piece of paper I have been since Ground Zeroes was revealed. My excitement is gonna go into overdrive when I actually press X to boot up the game. Footage can only do so much. Nothing like having the controller in your hand.

Yep, i'm getting the hardback copy. You. ?

I think that I'll also get the that copy. I gotta do something between the release of MGSV on console and the PC release, so I hope this will help :)
And the added things such as the lithograph are also pretty awesome.

Borrowed a friend's PS3 and launching into Metal Gear Solid with the HD collection standing by. It's remarkable how well it holds up in spite of the technical limitations. I'm already en route to meet up with Snake's homie in peace, Hal Emmerich. Currently entering Raven territory... Truly, the best is yet to come.

It occurred to me the other day that, aside the Phantom Pain hype train, I need to replay the originals because I was only 13-15 when I completed them. A lot of the game's themes went over my head. Despite Son's of Liberty not making any sense as it is, it was especially hard to grasp on release.

Thank god I'm playing my original copy, I don't know what I'd do about getting Meryl's Codec frequency playing digitally :p

Skullface

Its raining guys

It's raining here too. It was also raining in Witcher 3 as I was wrapping up my last mission before I set out for work. I have to say, this dynamic day/night/weather cycle in Witcher is getting me pumped for Phantom Pain.

I get this feeling that time is going to cruise between now and September 1st. I'm just getting warmed up in Witcher (just turned level 12, reunited the Baron's family and have been fulfilling contracts before I move on to the next story missions) and I'm loving it more than any game I've played in recent years. I also just picked up Arkham Knight and I'm digging that a lot so far just about 2 hours in. And I usually hate anything to do with super heroes. Between these two games and some Nintendo to break up grimdark and open world fatigue, I'm all set to cruise through the next month an a half. We're almost there and my hype is in check.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Its raining guys

The rain was coming down just as hard the day we met Paz. "I only want peace for my country." I can't believe we ever bought that cover story.

After Paz tried to steal Zeke from us, and we watched her get pulled beneath the waves... There was one thing I kept asking myself. Which was the real Paz and which was the lie?

Venom Fox

Banned
Just as suffering as the past 2 years, 7 months and 8 days.
Everyday I'll ask myself why am I still here? Just to suffer?
I'll continue being the soulless piece of paper I have been since Ground Zeroes was revealed. My excitement is gonna go into overdrive when I actually press X to boot up the game. Footage can only do so much. Nothing like having the controller in your hand.
That feeling we will get when we insert the disc, hear the drive whirl into action, click on the TPP icon and see the the A hideo Kojima Game splash screen is going to kill me.

I think I'll literally die from a heart attack before I get to play the Cyprus opening.

And LD I know the soulless feeling your talking about, I mentioned how I felt a while back.

Every time I boot up a game it reminds me it's not MGSV and it kills me a little inside, I usually just switch it off and go bed lol.

Sushigod7

Anyone planning on playing a bit with Vita remote play? I'm seriously considering getting a Vita to play around on Motherbase and maybe some side ops or supply runs. I wonder if it will play ok this way. Was GZ decent in remote?

Anyone planning on playing a bit with Vita remote play? I'm seriously considering getting a Vita to play around on Motherbase and maybe some side ops or supply runs. I wonder if it will play ok this way. Was GZ decent in remote?

I played gz a lot with remote play.

They mapped the aim and shoot on the bumpers instead of the backpads which is awesome.

And with the 60fps remote play update it runs very good.

German GAF

Saturn

SONY-PlayStation-4-Konsole-500GB-inkl.-Metal-Gear-Solid-V---The-Phantom-Pain---Limited-Edition

PS4 Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain - Limited Edition for 424 € with newsletter voucher.

Is anybody going to get the strategy guide?
Yeah. I have the CE pre-ordered
The rain was coming down just as hard the day we met Paz. "I only want peace for my country." I can't believe we ever bought that cover story.

After Paz tried to steal Zeke from us, and we watched her get pulled beneath the waves... There was one thing I kept asking myself. Which was the real Paz and which was the lie?
Clone theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom