• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I don't think those interviewers realized what they were doing. :^(
I think they did, it's the whole reason they brought it, drama (see below).
I really wouldn't call it a "bitch move" but I think it was intentionally disrespectful, they wouldn't have filmed it if they were being polite. From that video it seems clear their intent was to catch him off guard and shame him on camera. I honestly still believe that TAPPY (I think that's the composer's name) came up with the theme independently. The song is not that similar, and even if there was an inspiration, its certainly different enough for it to not be reasonable to consider it a copy.

In any case, its clear Kojima had no idea, and the video seems purposely designed to confront him unnecessarily. If they honestly wanted to let him know, they wouldn't spring it as a surprise, they'd bring it up in conversation like a normal person would. The whole way they informed him and zoomed in for his reaction seems like they were fishing for drama, and didn't give a damn about courtesy.
Yeah. I have the CE pre-ordered
I was thinking of getting it mostly for the art. Are these strategy guides made by this company usually pretty good? I wouldn't know since I usually don't buy strategy guides.
Does OuterGAF have a list of what platform each member will be playing the game on? It'd come in handy for MGO3 at launch too so we can find out who's playing on what.
As others have said, there is a document hidden in the OP with a Google Doc containing any relevant PSN/XBL/Steam etc. information someone wants to put up there. I hope MGO3 has a clan system, so that GAF can form a group to play with. I've been waiting for a worthy multiplayer game to dig into this whole generation, I really hope MGO3/MGSV fits the bill.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
In any case, its clear Kojima had no idea, and the video seems purposely designed to confront him unnecessarily. If they honestly wanted to let him know, they wouldn't spring it as a surprise, they'd bring it up in conversation like a normal person would. The whole way they informed him and zoomed in for his reaction seems like they were fishing for drama, and didn't give a damn about courtesy.

Sure does sound like a bitch move to me ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

morty

Neo Member
I'mm sorry if this was asked before but....
is Miler blind??? His eyeballs look red when Boss finds him just before he gives him the glasses in the vidoes they've shown.

i ask again because i want to know.:d

is Miler blind??? His eyeballs look red when Boss finds him just before he gives him the glasses in the vidoes they've shown.

I'mm sorry but you'll have to bump another year old thread before I can give you an answer.

JayEH

Nobody knows for sure. He sure doesn't act blind in all the videos they've shown so far. Maybe something happens later in the game.

I think they did, it's the whole reason they brought it, drama (see below).

I really wouldn't call it a "bitch move" but I think it was intentionally disrespectful, they wouldn't have filmed it if they were being polite. From that video it seems clear their intent was to catch him off guard and shame him on camera. I honestly still believe that TAPPY (I think that's the composer's name) came up with the theme independently. The song is not that similar, and even if there was an inspiration, its certainly different enough for it to not be reasonable to consider it a copy.

I was thinking of getting it mostly for the art. Are these strategy guides made by this company usually pretty good? I wouldn't know since I usually don't buy strategy guides.

As others have said, there is a document hidden in the OP with a Google Doc containing any relevant PSN/XBL/Steam etc. information someone wants to put up there. I hope MGO3 has a clan system, so that GAF can form a group to play with. I've been waiting for a worthy multiplayer game to dig into this whole generation, I really hope MGO3/MGSV fits the bill.
Piggyback is the company doing the guide. I believe they have done all the mgs guides. I think they have a good reputation.

Kindekuma

Banned

No. It's believed that he caught some sort of disease that is apparent in Code Talker, Skull Unit members, and that one mic-in-the-throat-with-tumor-tits dude from the E3 2015 trailer.

Shy

No. It's believed that he caught some sort of disease that is apparent in Code Talker, Skull Unit members, and that one mic-in-the-throat-with-tumor-tits dude from the E3 2015 trailer.
The only place i heard that was from Yongyea. So i'm gonna call bullshit on that theory.

-Deimos

Any actual source on this or is it just a rumor/fan theory? As far as I know, it's just to signify blindness or death.

edit: oh, sounds like it's just speculation.

morty

Neo Member
I dont' understand the reply. are his glasses augmented somehow to let him see? I just don't get this and why it was so important for Ocelot to give Big Boss these so he can give them to mlller?

Shy

I really wouldn't call it a "bitch move" but I think it was intentionally disrespectful, they wouldn't have filmed it if they were being polite. From that video it seems clear their intent was to catch him off guard and shame him on camera.
Being polite. ? they're meant to be journalists, they were interviewing him, obviously they're going to film it.
I honestly still believe that TAPPY (I think that's the composer's name) came up with the theme independently. The song is not that similar, and even if there was an inspiration, its certainly different enough for it to not be reasonable to consider it a copy.
I think he was copying, the melodie is the same, so much so konami didn't want use it anymore, which is shame, as i love both TAPPY and the main theme.

And it wouldn't be the first time that a video game composer would be accused of plagiarism, unfortunately.
In any case, its clear Kojima had no idea,
To me it is clear that as he was listening to it, he realised how similar it was.
and the video seems purposely designed to confront him unnecessarily,
you seem to be taking the video out context, it appears to be be a small section of a larger interview.
If they honestly wanted to let him know, they wouldn't spring it as a surprise,
Again, they are journalists, they were asking him a question, not letting him know.
they'd bring it up in conversation like a normal person would.
Why do you they didn't. ? It's one section from an interview that we don't know the length of.
The whole way they informed him and zoomed in for his reaction seems like they were fishing for drama, and didn't give a damn about courtesy.
They were filming an interview, so they're going to film his reactions to their questions.

I don't necessarily think it wasn't being courteous, i would like to see the whole thing before i make judgment like that.

----------------------------
Hope i didn't come across as being rude in any of my responses to your quotes, as that's not my intent at all.
I dont' understand the reply. are his glasses augmented somehow to let him see? I just don't get this and why it was so important for Ocelot to give Big Boss these so he can give them to mlller?
No, they're just normal aviator glasses that have sentimental value to Kaz, as well as symbolic to his character.

The limited edition PS4 with MGSV is also sold on bol.com, if any of you still want to buy it. The site is probably only useful for Dutch/Belgian people still wanting to buy one.

Gun Animal

Hey guys, is it OK to talk about the leaked trophies in here in spoiler tags or is that off limits? Something really caught my eye.

Gun Animal

Yeah, as long as you put it in spoiler tags feel free to talk about it

Awesome!

So yeah, don't highlight this shit unless you've already spoiled yourself by looking at the trophies:

Metallic Archaea. That's nanomachines, right? That literally can't be anything BUT nanomachines, and I'm simultaneously so happy and so mad about it. Since "Metallic Archaea basically confirms that proto-nanomachines will appear in the game, my theory is this: the "Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear" is this Metallic Archaea. Either it's been developed as a biological weapon or has (been?) mutated into one,explaining the incidents of apparent zombie-like "infection" in the last few trailers. The headphones inserted into Chico and the male corpse is an improvised method for transferring these Metallic Archaea, using the magnets found in headphones. Does this hold up?

Also, the last trophy "Truth: the Man Who Sold the World" indicates to me that A) there'll be a secret ending just like Peace Walker based on how it's worded and B) I think Snake's leather jacket will be the end-game costume reward instead of the usual tuxedo based on the trophy image.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome!

So yeah, don't highlight this shit unless you've already spoiled yourself by looking at the trophies:

Metallic Archaea. That's nanomachines, right? That literally can't be anything BUT nanomachines, and I'm simultaneously so happy and so mad about it. Since "Metallic Archaea basically confirms that proto-nanomachines will appear in the game, my theory is this: the "Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear" is this Metallic Archaea. Either it's been developed as a biological weapon or has (been?) mutated into one,explaining the incidents of apparent zombie-like "infection" in the last few trailers.

tumblr_mhpeu3xVP71qa3v7yo1_400.gif

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

Chinner

Banned
guys, i have this theory which may totally blow your socks and by extension shoes off.

what if... VENOM SNAKE IS GREY FOX!!!

if you look at the media, the poses that venom snake makes kinda resemble the poses made by grey fox! there also quotes from kojima, made almost 15 years ago, that grey fox may also imply that venom snake is grey fox. kojima is so clever to pre-emptively make hints about mgsv 15 years ago. he's like that genius fella, 2pac.

pretty clever huh, that cheeky kojma trying to pull wool over our eyes. but i figured it out. thats right, me. i am so smart.

guys, i have this theory which may totally blow your socks and by extension shoes off.

what if... VENOM SNAKE IS GREY FOX!!!

if you look at the media, the poses that venom snake makes kinda resemble the poses made by grey fox! there also quotes from kojima, made almost 15 years ago, that grey fox may also imply that venom snake is grey fox. kojima is so clever to pre-emptively make hints about mgsv 15 years ago. he's like that genius fella, 2pac.

pretty clever huh, that cheeky kojma trying to pull wool over our eyes. but i figured it out. thats right, me. i am so smart.

But who is Gray Fox then ?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

what if...
CHINNER IS PYTHONSELKAN!!!

if you look at the neogaf, the posts that chinner makes kinda resemble the videos made by pythonselkan! there also quotes from kojima, made almost 15 years ago, about chinner may also imply that chinner is pythonselkan. kojima is so clever to pre-emptively make hints about a neogaf poster 15 years ago. he's like that genius fella, kanye.

Awesome!

Metallic Archaea. That's nanomachines, right? That literally can't be anything BUT nanomachines, and I'm simultaneously so happy and so mad about it. Since "Metallic Archaea basically confirms that proto-nanomachines will appear in the game, my theory is this: the "Weapon to Surpass Metal Gear" is this Metallic Archaea. Either it's been developed as a biological weapon or has (been?) mutated into one,explaining the incidents of apparent zombie-like "infection" in the last few trailers. The headphones inserted into Chico and the male corpse is an improvised method for transferring these Metallic Archaea, using the magnets found in headphones. Does this hold up?

Also, the last trophy "Truth: the Man Who Sold the World" indicates to me that A) there'll be a secret ending just like Peace Walker based on how it's worded and B) I think Snake's leather jacket will be the end-game costume reward instead of the usual tuxedo based on the trophy image.

I thought the trophies list had been debunked, due to the fact there was no platinum trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom