• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Clone theory?

I think Kojima said early on that part of the game is going to be about misunderstandings, so I'm thinking the quote could foreshadow what happens to BB. Like, is the real BB the treacherous, megalomaniac proto-dictator Solid Snake fights in MG/MG2, or the world weary warrior trying to find a place in the world for himself those like him in PW/GZ/TPP?

That sort of shit.

brau

OJVDmpq.png

you've been chosen!

I'm dead.

:D

Skullface

im going to put this album on the Ipod.

👊🏻👊🏼👊🏽👊🏾👊🏿👊

Does anyone else frequent /mgg/? What's with all the complaints about "Dad Rock"? I fucking hate that meme with every ounce of my being. It makes me feel old. My eldest brother is in his mid 40's, therefore I was exposed to most 80's music by my older siblings. "Older Brother Rock" if you will. In any case, some of the confirmed licensed music is simply timeless.

Metallica_-_Ride_the_Lightning_cover.jpg

This bad boy came out in '84. I can definitely go Nuclear to this entire album.

im going to put this album on the Ipod.

Definitely! That album was a really good mix with a 'soft' song like Fade to Black and iconic songs like For Whom the Bell Tolls and Ride the Lightning. IMHO Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are their best albums and it will make the whole MGSV experience more exciting while listening to these.

Skullface

Definitely! That album was a really good mix with a 'soft' song like Fade to Black and iconic songs like For Whom the Bell Tolls and Ride the Lightning. IMHO Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets are their best albums and it will make the whole MGSV experience more exciting while listening to these.

This might be blasphemy, but Unforgiven II is my all time favorite Metallica song. I'm more of a country/blues kind of guy and I really like their spin on the genre with that song. Though my favorite genre appropriate album of theirs is Master of Puppets. Of course, I'm going to have to put some Justice on my playlist as well. "One" seems incredibly appropriate. I mean, Miller is 1/4 of the way there.

This might be blasphemy, but Unforgiven II is my all time favorite Metallica song. I'm more of a country/blues kind of guy and I really like their spin on the genre with that song. Though my favorite genre appropriate album of theirs is Master of Puppets. Of course, I'm going to have to put some Justice on my playlist as well. "One" seems incredibly appropriate. I mean, Miller is 1/4 of the way there.

Yeah, One seems to match really well thematically with the story and who can say no to some Justice? And I like all three Unforgiven songs but I like I and II the most, and I certainly wouldn't call it blasphemy. I also dig the their spin of it compared to their earlier/other styles and to other music in general.

MajorTom

1 month 13 days left lads.
6 weeks!

How hard are you all going to find it around 2 weeks from release?
So close!
I'm finding it hard now. I'm trying to get through my backlog, running out of games though.
Playing dead rising 3 right now.
Still need to finish Knightmare mode on batman for the platinum trophy.

MajorTom

That's awesome! A great gaming pc to play TPP on. Have you thought about getting a R9 390 instead of the GTX 970? It will be a bit more expensive because of not having the MGSV deal but maybe still worthwhile.
Personally I'm never going AMD again. I've had so many problems with their cards. I only built my PC last year but I'm probably gonna build another early next year if not sooner. And I'll be staying away from AMD graphics and processor, even if the alternatives are more pricey.

Personally I'm never going AMD again. I've had so many problems with their cards. I only built my PC last year but I'm probably gonna build another early next year if not sooner. And I'll be staying away from AMD graphics and processor, even if the alternatives are more pricey.

What kind of problems did you experience?

Error1355

That's awesome! A great gaming pc to play TPP on.
Have you thought about getting a R9 390 instead of the GTX 970? It will be a bit more expensive because of not having the MGSV deal but maybe still worthwhile.

What would be the major difference (outside of the deal) that I should be aware of?

Woke up and continued my replay of MGS1 and took down Psycho Mantis and moved onto Sniper Wolf. I was sad to find out the rumble feature doesn't carry over to the six axis, it made Mantis... less impressive.

I've completed Ocelot's torture and remember as a kid I knew of the ketchup trick, but I think I still managed to go more than two rounds through the torture sessions. I had the hardest time making it through the button mashing. It was no trouble at all now, but the duel with Sniper Wolf was ridiculous thanks to my lack of pentazamin.

Just when I had trouble remembering what comes after I trip the alarm and begin my tower ascent. I came to the chilling realization that I have yet to come across a cardboard box.

At this rate I'll be progressing to MGS2 tonight.

What would be the major difference (outside of the deal) that I should be aware of?

The amount of memory is probably the biggest factor, the 4GB (8GB R9 390) extra memory will make a difference if you're going to play on a high resolution/all effects. Compared to the GTX 970, which has 3.5GB 'fast' memory and 0.5GB 'slower' memory. The 970 will slow down if you use more than this 3.5GB of 'fast' memory, which is kind of annoying if you want to use all that memory.

The GTX 970 is however more efficient and does overclock better if you would like to do that and has Physx.

Looking at benchmarks the performance of the R9 390 ranges from 5% to 15% better performance in comparision to the GTX 970. But this could change if you decide to overlock the cards.

EDIT: Many people do however note that sometimes AMD drivers are less optimized and can cause problems in comparision to the NVIDIA drivers and the ongoing GPU wars does sometimes cause Gamework titles to run worse on AMD.

BSOD caused by graphics card problems.
The AMD display drivers randomly crashing and causing whatever program I was using to close.
Just stuff like that.

Too bad. Luckily I haven't had any issues but I get what you're saying.

Woke up and continued my replay of MGS1 and took down Psycho Mantis and moved onto Sniper Wolf. I was sad to find out the rumble feature doesn't carry over to the six axis, it made Mantis... less impressive.

I've completed Ocelot's torture and remember as a kid I knew of the ketchup trick, but I think I still managed to go more than two rounds through the torture sessions. I had the hardest time making it through the button mashing. It was no trouble at all now, but the duel with Sniper Wolf was ridiculous thanks to my lack of pentazamin.

Just when I had trouble remembering what comes after I trip the alarm and begin my tower ascent. I came to the chilling realization that I have yet to come across a cardboard box.

At this rate I'll be progressing to MGS2 tonight.

Sounds nice! I need to start my series playthrough soon. I still don't know if I should play it chronologically or in release order.

I had that discussion with my friend when picking up the PS3 for use because he has the Legacy collection and he's never played it before. My advice to him was to play through it in order of release. My logic behind it is that despite the chronology, the gameplay evolution and self awareness of the series pays off better in the order made.

Obviously this differs for seasoned veterans of the series, but that's how I'm proceeding with my playthrough, though I'm still unsure if I want to tackle Guns of the Patriots. I haven't even played through Peace Walker which introduces Paz, Chico and contains threads picked up by The Phantom Pain.

Replaying the first is so great, everything occurring with a sense of familiarity but still managing to catch me off guard, like a damn fiddle indeed. So in the bag for this series.

Liquid.png

Error1355

The amount of memory is probably the biggest factor, the 4GB (8GB R9 390) extra memory will make a difference if you're going to play on a high resolution/all effects. Compared to the GTX 970, which has 3.5GB 'fast' memory and 0.5GB 'slower' memory. The 970 will slow down if you use more than this 3.5GB of 'fast' memory, which is kind of annoying if you want to use all that memory.

I think I'll stick with the 970 for now. My current rig has a Radeon HD 5770 and I was missing out on a them nifty features that Nvidia cards had.

Then again I stopped gaming on my PC real hard like two years ago... My 400+ steam games going nearly all unused because I have issues not buying EVERYTHING.

Anyway, looking forward to MGS V on PC too. lol

I'll have it on Xbox One, PS4, and PC now...

I think I'll stick with the 970 for now. My current rig has a Radeon HD 5770 and I was missing out on a them nifty features that Nvidia cards had.

Then again I stopped gaming on my PC real hard like two years ago... My 400+ steam games going nearly all unused because I have issues not buying EVERYTHING.

Anyway, looking forward to MGS V on PC too. lol

I'll have it on Xbox One, PS4, and PC now...

Sure, playing it on the PC will be great!

Kindekuma

Banned
Does OuterGAF have a list of what platform each member will be playing the game on? It'd come in handy for MGO3 at launch too so we can find out who's playing on what.

strafer

Fade to Black is a masterpiece.

Shy

Does OuterGAF have a list of what platform each member will be playing the game on? It'd come in handy for MGO3 at launch too so we can find out who's playing on what.
I think it's in the OP in a google document you have to quote to reveal.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Metal Gear Online

Original tweet

Maybe something worthwhile like details about gameplay or some info on a gadget?

They already confirmed Teamsneak mode and E-Locators.. now they will confirm that E-Locators will be in Teamsneak mode, but they can't go into much detail.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Nvzman

I'll be on PS4. I think there is a list in the OP, as someone else just mentioned.

I was sad to find out the rumble feature doesn't carry over to the six axis, it made Mantis... less impressive.

Maybe because sixaxis doesn't have vibration. Dualshock 3 has it and works in MGS.

Quote first post of the thread and it's in first line.

I've finished playing PW last night and have mixed reactions. While loved it's story, gameplay and short mission, that nonsense grind at the end to bulid ZEKE is fucking stupid.
I got tired of replaying AI battles and watch the ending on YT. I rushed because I ca'nt wait to play GZ.

I was watching Kindafunnygames play GZ and Greg Miller said the Metal Gear Saga can't be used anymore because it sounded too much like another song. Didn't know that.

I was watching Kindafunnygames play GZ and Greg Miller said the Metal Gear Saga can't be used anymore because it sounded too much like another song. Didn't know that.

Not Metal Gear Saga that's actually the name of the other song. The "stolen" song is the main theme for 2 & 3.
I still think that it's been a bitchmove of them to show this to Kojima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom