• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

lol.. you really layed it down.
i-was-like-omg.jpg

We are.... extraordinary people!

Dawg

About the GZ theory (of which the thread on gaming has been closed) ...

I find it weird people are so quick to assume Kojima already knew what would between him and Konami 1 year in advance. I guess he could have had an idea, but if he really knew he'd get fired... he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of announcing a partnership with Del Toro and announcing Silent Hills at Gamescom.

You simply don't do that when you already know what's going to happen the next year. I'm frankly surprised so many people overlook this important detail. He knew Silent Hills would take another few years to complete. Maybe he was planning to leave after. Maybe that's why he put in those easter eggs.

But saying he knew exactly what would go down one year ago? Naww.

I find it weird people are so quick to assume Kojima already knew what would between him and Konami 1 year in advance. I guess he could have had an idea, but if he really knew he'd get fired... he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of announcing a partnership with Del Toro and announcing Silent Hills at Gamescom.

You simply don't do that when you already know what's going to happen the next year. I'm frankly surprised so many people overlook this important detail. He knew Silent Hills would take another few years to complete. Maybe he was planning to leave after. Maybe that's why he put in those easter eggs.

U R UNDERESTIMATING KOJIMA, HE KNOWS WHEN WORLD WAR 3 BEGINS, THE NEXT NFL SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS AMONG OTHER THINGS LIKE THE RISE OF SMARTPHONES -- HE CALLED IT BACK IN METAL GEAR 2 SOLID SNAKE IF U PLAY THE FAN TRANSLATION

So did they reveal any new info about MGO today yet? I haven't heard anything.

Tonight

Erasing your own name and logo doesn't necessarily mean you know you're going to get fired. It could be completely unrelated to no longer having a job.

And we don't know if he was pushed or was the one who pushed them. They could have had plans for him to make games he didn't want to and not tell him until Silent Hills had started.

Venom Fox

Banned
What do you guys think the taboo is that put Kojima in his position (assuming it's why all this happened)?
Child rape? Rape? Racial discrimination? Sexism?

I don't know but it was something huge and clearly something well frowned upon in regards to gaming.

Sorry for double post.

AAK

I have the PS3 version of Peace Walker. Is it possible for me to play multiplayer with someone who has the original psp version?

That was barely a nugget.

Hey at least you can customize the color and pattern of your gear!

I assumed that would be the case. This is basically nothing, but still something.

Yeah... I'm thirsty!

Why do you guys think they haven't been able to share much? On the twitter they talk like they really want to but for some reason are unable to. I'm hoping its just going to be a big surprise but I'm really worried as to why they can't.

KONAMI.

realcZk

Do you think it has something to do with KojiPro LA issues being ironed out or something? You'd think they'd want to share whatever they can preview at this point (within reason...) -- the game is launching soon and it'd be good marketing. I just don't understand....

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... I'm thirsty!

Why do you guys think they haven't been able to share much? On the twitter they talk like they really want to but for some reason are unable to.

I can imagine that MGO is still broken and unplayable trash so they don't want the public to see the online game before release because of bad impact on preorder sales, marketing etc

realcZk

Åesop;172526402 said:
I can imagine that MGO is still broken and unplayable trash so they don't want the public to see the online game before release because of bad impact on preorder sales etc

But even if they don't want to show gameplay they could still talk more about it, potentially the modes and the like. What you're saying does make me nervous though... them being so tight lipped about everything so close to launch.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
But even if they don't want to show gameplay they could still talk more about it, potentially the modes and the like. What you're saying does make me nervous though.

If it's really in such a bad state it's only logical to focus all the public attention on the single player part.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Åesop;172526402 said:
I can imagine that MGO is still broken and unplayable trash so they don't want the public to see the online game before release because of bad impact on preorder sales, marketing etc

Meh, MGO for me is an added bonus. I mostly care about the single player and the story.

Plus, there is that TPP multiplayer invasion mode that it looks similar to Dark Souls which it could be pretty good.

GHound

How much was MGO2 shown off prior to launch?

More than MGO3 by quite a bit. I'd say most of the launch features and games modes were shown off. Actual matches were seen months in advance, on top of a beta a bit longer away from launch than we are now
assuming they don't go the GTA route
. TPP is only 42 days away.

GHound

Completely forgot about the beta. Yeah, not sure if I have high hopes for MGO3 atm. Hope they prove me wrong.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I hope they smash it out of the fucking park.

But every day I don't see some actual matches I get more and more worried it's just going to be a hot mess.

DOWN

Banned
This may be a weird question, but if I decide to buy MGS V literally day one on PSN, rather than pre-order the night before, will it still be Day One Edition? While all the wording seems to say pre-order to get the Day One Edition, obviously calling it Day One Edition indicates you owned it on day one and thus reap the benefits.

I know other games like Sunset Overdrive and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD both still sold their Day One editions for several days after release and of course physical versions are still around days after release.

I think I'll buy MGS V using the PLAY 2015 PSN promo code that is usable all September for buying two PLAY 2015 titles (Journey and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture). Then might buy Mad Max and a sale item or two.

LostAnkh

So I'm playing MGS2 for the first time (also posting in this thread for the first time), and I gotta say one thing:

I really don't like Raiden

Mexen

So I'm playing MGS2 for the first time (also posting in this thread for the first time), and I gotta say one thing:

I really don't like Raiden

You'll be ashamed of your words and your deeds when you understand who Raiden really is.

Edit: Welcome to the brightest dark side of GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom