• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Replaying Snake Eater and not yet a CQC body slamming machine. Makes Ground Zeroes that more impressive for how streamlined the process is. It takes some getting used to the sensors as well. I think on release I relied solely on the motion detector, which really gets you nowhere in situations like the scuttle after you met Eva.

Currently moving through Ponizovje. after swimming around using my sonar like a snake eating submarine I sniped The End for the trophy and reset it to battle him proper. I think after the previous comments and response to an earlier comment I'll skip MGS4 and move right onto Peace Walker. I'd like to experience first hand the context for Ground Zeroes.

I imagine
with her influence within the Patriots, Para-Medic has propagated the entire 60+ year span of Godzilla movies.

Love reading your posts but man don't skip MGS4. MGS4 reveals something huge, which is important for PW.

Replaying Snake Eater and not yet a CQC body slamming machine. Makes Ground Zeroes that more impressive for how streamlined the process is. It takes some getting used to the sensors as well. I think on release I relied solely on the motion detector, which really gets you nowhere in situations like the scuttle after you met Eva.

Currently moving through Ponizovje. after swimming around using my sonar like a snake eating submarine I sniped The End for the trophy and reset it to battle him proper. I think after the previous comments and response to an earlier comment I'll skip MGS4 and move right onto Peace Walker. I'd like to experience first hand the context for Ground Zeroes.

I imagine
with her influence within the Patriots, Para-Medic has propagated the entire 60+ year span of Godzilla movies.

CQC in MGS3 kinda breaks the game. Run up, hold circle, they're out. It makes no-kill runs pretty easy once you figure that out.

For the sensors, I think after my first playthrough in 2004 I never bothered with them. Just use the thermal goggles and take a quick scan. Toggle them on and off quickly with L2 to safe power. Also remember this game was originally designed with an overhead camera you can toggle by hitting R3 -- it really helps sometimes to see your surroundings better and to know where to go.

Thanks for posting this because I have the rest of the games on PS3 as well and really thought I was being a weirdo for wanting to get Phantom Pain there too.

Let's not forget Revengeance.

Yeah I forgot about Revengance. I don't really like Platinum games so I don't think I'm ever going to get around to that one.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I legit forgot MGSV was coming out on PC late, but I was kinda planning to wait until the christmas steam sale anyway. The PS3 version is a bit cheaper anyway, plus I was really not looking to pay $75 CAD for any game ever so maybe I could pick up the PS3 version once they wipe that "DAY ONE EDITION" garbage off the case.

This has been brought up before but I just got done watching ghost in the shell again and holy fuck the influences on metal gear go wayy beyond the mere aesthetic. Motokos combat suit at the end clearly had an impression on shinkawas mgs1 sneaking suit design.

Shy

So it just occurred to me as i was cleaning my PS4 (it's not a euphemism, take your minds out the gutter. lol) they haven't mentioned anything in a very long time about the faceplates, have they. ? because i really want one.

Kindekuma

Banned
So it just occurred to me as i was cleaning my PS4 (it's not a euphemism, take your minds out the gutter. lol) they haven't mentioned anything in a very long time about the faceplates, have they. ? because i really want one.

Is there really that much of a market for them in the first place? Sort of like 3DS interchangeable face plates, they really aren't sold outside of Japan.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
CQC in MGS3 kinda breaks the game. Run up, hold circle, they're out. It makes no-kill runs pretty easy once you figure that out.

Ehhhh, I think you might be over-stating it a little. Try that on Very Hard or Extreme without the
Spirit camo
and I doubt you'll make it out of the Virtuous Mission.... unless you're some kind of Japanese pro.

Shy

Speaking of the rocket punch, is anyone else slightly disappointed that in the English version he just says fire, and not rocket punch. ?

Posted ?

Metal-Gear-Solid-taschenlampe-490x596.jpg

amazon germany

strafer

a big boss fleshlight...how does that even work.

Guys have penises...not a vagina.

What you're thinking about is a Big Boss Dildo.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
a big boss fleshlight...how does that even work.

Guys have penises...not a vagina.

This is indisputably correct.

How do I put this delicately...? Fleshlights are often based, nay moulded, on the feminine genitalia, sure, but they also offer a whole range of other... uh... um... delights? All I'm saying is, I reckon you've got your thinking slightly.... back-to-front.

Skullface

This is indisputably correct.

How do I put this delicately...? Fleshlights are often based, nay moulded, on the feminine genitalia, sure, but they also offer a whole range of other... uh... um... delights? All I'm saying is, I reckon you've got your thinking slightly.... back-to-front.

Couldn't have put it more delicately myself

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Ehhhh, I think you might be over-stating it a little. Try that on Very Hard or Extreme without the
Spirit camo
and I doubt you'll make it out of the Virtuous Mission.... unless you're some kind of Japanese pro.

There's like a 1 second break between being alerted and being able to use CQC, so yeah, it's a valid strategy to use in EE too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
There's like a 1 second break between being alerted and being able to use CQC, so yeah, it's a valid strategy to use in EE too.

You'll definitely have a hard time reaching a guard with the range they see and hear at the higher difficulties for sure.

Regardless, I didn't say it was impossible, I said he was over-stating it. The post I was replying to said CQC almost "breaks" the game and makes it "easy".

Mifec

The last 3 days were spent getting faded from space cakes in Holland and watching mgs trailers. Life is great brothers.

brau

How much are you willing to spend and for what purpose e.g. gaming/music?

money is not an issue. i listen to music.. games.. videos. i currently have the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO. and i love them... but the stitching on the inside came off, and now they are starting to become a mess. Even tho they still sound nice.

I also want some earbuds for when i am on the road listening to music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom