• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

HD 598 + a modi/magni combo from schiit if you are using them with a PC.

Edit: seeing as how you already had senn's you should go back to them OuO

You have a link? i would prbly buy them from amazon or new egg... unless they are on sale somewhere else.

Alright guys... i am looking to upgrade my headphones. Recommend me a good pair. :)

beats_dre_headphones_1_1.jpg

That's a joke if anyone asks.

money is not an issue. i listen to music.. games.. videos. i currently have the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO. and i love them... but the stitching on the inside came off, and now they are starting to become a mess. Even tho they still sound nice.

I also want some earbuds for when i am on the road listening to music.

The Audio-Technica ATH-M50x is something comparable to the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO but should be better/more comfortable.

brau

They're heavier but should be more comfortable. But you should probably go for another model if you want something less bulky.

After continuous use they could get a little hard on the ears. That is all. What about Bose? those seem to be pretty light... but they seem way overpriced.

Mifec

You have a link? i would prbly buy them from amazon or new egg... unless they are on sale somewhere else.

Are you in the US? Just get them from amazon, they are frequently discounted as for modi/magni those are a DAC/amp combo that if you use with your PC and if most of your music is FLAC will make your experience pure bliss. You can order that directly from the manufacturer www.schiit.com

After continuous use they could get a little hard on the ears. That is all. What about Bose? those seem to be pretty light... but they seem way overpriced.

I haven't got a lot of experience with Bose but they are generally a lot more expensive in comparison to their counterparts as you already mentioned.

Shy

I thought that had english audio with Otsuka dubbing over it. He also makes horse noises.
I just listened to it again, and you're absolutely right, i feel so stupid for insisting that it wasn't. In my mind i must of got it mixed up.

I'm so so sorry, Graphics Horse.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Alright guys... i am looking to upgrade my headphones. Recommend me a good pair. :)

༼ つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽つ Astro A40 with Astro MixAmp Pro . The best for gaming

I just listened to it again, and you're absolutely right, i feel so stupid for insisting that it wasn't. In my mind i must of got it mixed up.

I'm so so sorry, Graphics Horse.

It's ok Shy I forgive you. I wouldn't be surprised if he does say it in the Japanese version anyway.

Skullface

So guys... Realistically, where do you see the series going after Phantom Pain? Assuming that Konami doesn't relegate the franchise to a mobile only platform, do you see them making spinoffs, sequels, reboot?

I gather that the most popular opinion is that the series will probably get a reboot somewhere in the not so distant future. Personally, I don't see a reboot as the most likely scenario, not in the true sense of a reboot anyway. For instance, I don't see them as remaking the series with the same rough story and character relationships, but with a new presentation. Especially since we know they're working on the next Metal Gear already and a canon entry to existing canon is just about to be released.

I think the most likely scenarios are either a brand new story with new characters but retaining the main protagonist'so code name as Snake, or an attempt to continue the existing canon.

Do you guys plan on playing future releases? I know I'll at least give it a shot. While it won't be the same without Kojima, I genuinely enjoyed Ac!d 1 and 2, Portable Ops, and Ghost Babel happens to be my favorite 2d title all together.

Also, how long do you foresee the next installment taking before we get our hands on it? I'd wager no more than 3 years. They have the Fox Engine which was designed to speed up production. Without Kojima, I don't think Konami will take the same kind of quality measures you'd typically expect to go into a Metal Gear title. Kind of sad really. I'm half expecting future titles to come out broken and then patched up after release.

Unrelated; I saw doctors without borders canvassing in a city square today. Always brings a smile to my face seeing that there is a real MSF.

Mexen

Not soon enough, Mexen, brother, how have we waited this long?

Nanomachines. :p

So guys... Realistically, where do you see the series going after Phantom Pain? Assuming that Konami doesn't relegate the franchise to a mobile only platform, do you see them making spinoffs, sequels, reboot?

I gather that the most popular opinion is that the series will probably get a reboot somewhere in the not so distant future. Personally, I don't see a reboot as the most likely scenario, not in the true sense of a reboot anyway. For instance, I don't see them as remaking the series with the same rough story and character relationships, but with a new presentation. Especially since we know they're working on the next Metal Gear already and a canon entry to existing canon is just about to be released.

I think the most likely scenarios are either a brand new story with new characters but retaining the main protagonist'so code name as Snake, or an attempt to continue the existing canon.

Do you guys plan on playing future releases? I know I'll at least give it a shot. While it won't be the same without Kojima, I genuinely enjoyed Ac!d 1 and 2, Portable Ops, and Ghost Babel happens to be my favorite 2d title all together.

Also, how long do you foresee the next installment taking before we get our hands on it? I'd wager no more than 3 years. They have the Fox Engine which was designed to speed up production. Without Kojima, I don't think Konami will take the same kind of quality measures you'd typically expect to go into a Metal Gear title. Kind of sad really. I'm half expecting future titles to come out broken and then patched up after release.

Unrelated; I saw doctors without borders canvassing in a city square today. Always brings a smile to my face seeing that there is a real MSF.

I'll probably buy a used copy or watch YouTube videos.

J.EM1

I'd be really interested to see how they'll do an MGS game without Kojima, especially if their next game features Solid Snake.

I would hope they at least call it something other than Metal Gear Solid, similar to what they did with Metal Gear Rising. The further they distance a new one from current characters and events, the better. However, without Kojima's writing and style, it's hard to imagine what it could possibly be about or even recognizable other than in name.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'd be really interested to see how they'll do an MGS game without Kojima, especially if their next game features Solid Snake.

I don't really know what more they can do with Solid's arc in the story. The only game left in the MGS series where I could see something fit in is between MGS2 and MGS4 with Raiden and his transition to a cyborg and rescuing Sunny.

Shy

Don't take this the wrong way, but i don't give a damm what happens to Metal Gear after TPP. if it's not Kojima, i'm not interested.
And even if it did have Kojima, i think it's time to let the series rest, no need to run it into the ground.

Don't take this the wrong way, but i don't give a damm what happens to Metal Gear after TPP. if it's not Kojima, i'm not interested.
And even if it did have Kojima, i think it's time to let the series rest, no need to run it into the ground.
I agree, where Kojima goes, I go too.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Since Skullface asked, I wouldn't be opposed to a MG1 or MG2 remake. Technically it would still be a Kojima game. Those who feel strongly about not supporting Konami could always buy it secondhand.

Even a completely average game would be a step up from MG1's insistence that you remember every card key's corresponding security door :p

Gun Animal

I don't really know what more they can do with Solid's arc in the story. The only game left in the MGS series where I could see something fit in is between MGS2 and MGS4 with Raiden and his transition to a cyborg and rescuing Sunny.

Exploitable holes left in the canon:

-Remake of Metal Gear starring Solid Snake
-Remake of Metal Gear 2 starring Solid Snake
-A Solid Snake game set inbetween Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid, explaining how he left FOXHOUND
-A Solid Snake game set between MGS1 and MGS2 wherein Philanthropy take on Metal Gear Rex derivatives all over the globe
-A Solid Snake game set between MGS2 and MGS4 depicting Philanthropy's anti-Patriot activity

-A Liquid Snake prequel game set in the middle east
-A Solidus Snake prequel game set in Africa
-A game starring the Boss set before MGS3

-Metal Gear Rising 2
-Metal Gear Rising prequel set between MGS2 and MGS4
-Metal Gear Rising prequel starring Grey Fox between Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid

Out of all of those, the MGS1/MGS2 interquel would be the most fanservicey of them all since it would basically be everything fans *wanted* MGS2 to be. I hope they do all of this garbage, run the series into the fucking ground, it doesn't matter anymore. After TPP it's all just fanfiction anyways.

morty

Neo Member
rfeplaying MGS: Twin Snakes on Game Cube. I'm not sure it is on any other platform... Resident Evil REmake was remade....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom