• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilsonda

Pretty sure at some point during mgsv we will train John Wick how to be bad ass at cqc and gunfighting...

I'm halfway through this movie and his moves look sick

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Pretty sure at some point during mgsv we will train John Wick how to be bad ass at cqc and gunfighting...

2010s have been much better than 2000s for action movies.

There is always at least one good action movie per year this decade.

Rajang

How do trophies work with Transfarring (lol) PW saves between PS3 and PSP. I'd like to play it on both (was going to buy it on PSP and play on Vita since it's only $20), since odds are I won't always be at home when I want to play, but I also want to still be earning trophies. Will they pop when I transfer them back, or will it just be a unreliable pain in my ass about it?

You can only earn trophies on PS3.

Loakum

Banned
GRAVEYARD

jt6VM54.png

*slautes*

Tzmhero

How much y'all wanna bet the horn isn't really there?

I figured it'd be something to do with Boss seeing himself as a demon, then once he no longer does it's gone.

It's pretty obvious theres a good bit of 'this is in your head' type stuff... Especially with psycho mantis running around.

It's funny I just watched it two days ago. It's really good. I thought the gun stuff was really good but the hand-to-hand fighting was clumsy.

Cronen

PW is essential to understanding GZ and TPP so I would definitely recommend playing it prior to MGSV.

Yes, PW is pretty important for MGSV, story and gameplay wise.
Also, it's a good game, but you could always youtube it.

Thanks. I played through GZ, but as you can imagine I had no real understanding of the characters Chico, Paz and Ghostface. It's like £12 on the PSN store for the PS3 version, so I'll grab that! Something to do in August prior to TPP in September!

Thanks. I played through GZ, but as you can imagine I had no real understanding of the characters Chico, Paz and Ghostface. It's like £12 on the PSN store for the PS3 version, so I'll grab that! Something to do in August prior to TPP in September!

No problem, finishing PW will definitely make the whole MGS experience more 'complete'.
You will be better able to relate to the story and understand the loss in GZ. Good luck finishing PW :)

Have we got any rules regarding spoilers? Are we able to discuss them (spoiler markers) or do we banish them from this thread?

Well, I would at least put a clear warning before spoiler pictures from leaked secret achievements in future :/
but I'd kind of guessed that reveal by peering at the tiny achievement icon a while ago

Error1355

Have we got any rules regarding spoilers? Are we able to discuss them (spoiler markers) or do we banish them from this thread?

What I'd like is if actual spoilers both said "TPP spoilers" in addition to the spoiler tags. That way I know it's an actual spoiler and not just a joke covered with spoiler tags. >_>

Well, I would at least put a clear warning before spoiler pictures from leaked secret achievements in future :/
but I'd kind of guessed that reveal by peering at the tiny achievement icon a while ago

What I'd like is if actual spoilers both said "TPP spoilers" in addition to the spoiler tags. That way I know it's an actual spoiler and not just a joke covered with spoiler tags. >_>

Sure, if I post in the future I'll make sure to include big spoiler warnings. And sorry if you accidentally saw the achievement, I'll do my best to similar events in the future.

Metal Gear is a franchise I have very little experience with. I played the first game briefly on PS1 and couldn't get to grips with the quirky controls. I played the GameCube version and really hated it, I felt like I had to go into first person to get anything done. I enjoyed the narrative and setting but I guess this was a failure of me, or the game.

I have the HD collection on Vita and tried going back to it. I played up to the first boss but again had similar problems. Being in cover, leaning around the edge in first person, aiming and shooting was really unpleasant.

Is Vita a poor place to play the games? I can pick up the HD collection on PS3 probably cheaper than PS2 but I'm more likely to play it on Vita. Should I stick with it or try playing elsewhere? I mostly want to play 3 because it sounds neat.

Ryan_MSF

Metal Gear is a franchise I have very little experience with. I played the first game briefly on PS1 and couldn't get to grips with the quirky controls. I played the GameCube version and really hated it, I felt like I had to go into first person to get anything done. I enjoyed the narrative and setting but I guess this was a failure of me, or the game.

I have the HD collection on Vita and tried going back to it. I played up to the first boss but again had similar problems. Being in cover, leaning around the edge in first person, aiming and shooting was really unpleasant.

Is Vita a poor place to play the games? I can pick up the HD collection on PS3 probably cheaper than PS2 but I'm more likely to play it on Vita. Should I stick with it or try playing elsewhere? I mostly want to play 3 because it sounds neat.

I've played through the game countless times, personally i much prefer playing through the game on PS3, the controls feel a lot more natural to me with a controller in hand, though obviously it doesn't change the actual gameplay, if it's not your thing it's not your thing!

Personally i'd recommend trying it on PS3, worst case scenario you still aren't a fan - here in the UK at least it holds its value very well and you'd make your money back quite easily, best case scenario it was just the vita's controls that you weren't a fan of and you become part of the crazy bunch of us here!

I've played through the game countless times, personally i much prefer playing through the game on PS3, the controls feel a lot more natural to me with a controller in hand, though obviously it doesn't change the actual gameplay, if it's not your thing it's not your thing!

Personally i'd recommend trying it on PS3, worst case scenario you still aren't a fan - here in the UK at least it holds its value very well and you'd make your money back quite easily, best case scenario it was just the vita's controls that you weren't a fan of and you become part of the crazy bunch of us here!

You still have a chance to walk away sane Visualante2!

Venom Fox

Banned
So, are we saying that the leaked achievements are real?
If so, 10 main missions for two sandbox maps is kind of low. Unless the 10 missions with achievements are just the end chapter missions?
I know we will have countless side ops but
that achievement list just made me extremely sad.

Also didn't Kojima state we could ride from Afghanistan to Africa but it'd take us a long time?
I wonder if we can still do that?

So, are we saying that the leaked achievements are real?
If so, 10 main missions for two sandbox maps is kind of low. Unless the 10 missions with achievements are just the end chapter missions?
I know we will have countless side ops but
that achievement list just made me extremely sad.

Also didn't Kojima state we could ride from Afghanistan to Africa but it'd take us a long time?

SPOILERS

They could be achievements for milestones in the plot and they could mark the end/beginning of certain chapters.

No lol. He said you wouldn't want to, at least according to 'The Nasian', which is the only place I've found as a source.
It's like how he said jumping out of a helicopter early would kill you, but in the new demo it shows you that the action button activates the minigun once you're away from the LZ.

If I was an expert in Japanese culture I'd be able to translate it myself but I think a lot of the stuff might be said jokingly and misunderstood when translated into English.

I played Ground Zeroes and really enjoyed it on PC. Has there been a substantial shift in the gameplay since they improved the controls with MGS4? I figure if I liked Ground Zeroes there's probably a lot I'll enjoy about the others I just have to get over the hurdle.

wilsonda

It's funny I just watched it two days ago. It's really good. I thought the gun stuff was really good but the hand-to-hand fighting was clumsy.

It's fate brother. Some of the hand to hand was meh, but the way he held his gun close to his body to prevent being disarmed was awesome ... normally the main character has his weapon so far away from his body it's just begging to be taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom