• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

I played Ground Zeroes and really enjoyed it on PC. Has there been a substantial shift in the gameplay since they improved the controls with MGS4? I figure if I liked Ground Zeroes there's probably a lot I'll enjoy about the others I just have to get over the hurdle.

Judging by the Wii U pad in your avatar, am I right in assuming you enjoy Nintendo products? If MGS 3 was one of those titles you had a hard time getting in to because of controls, try the 3DS version out. They changed the controls so they are similar to MGS4. They also added crouch walk.

Kindekuma

Banned
Not with that screen's pixel density. I'd rather play on PS2.

Have you tried the 3DS Demo? I've beaten MGS3 HD on PS2, PS3, PSVita, and 3DS and would say that the 3DS version is actually quite nice. Framerate chugs at times, but the gameplay in 3D is really damn good when it adopted Peace Walker's.

Mercutiouk

Neo Member
Brothers!

After lurking in here for a while (and waiting to get my account activated), I am happy to join you!

Hope everyone is not going to disappear once the game is out!

Rajang

Have you tried the 3DS Demo? I've beaten MGS3 HD on PS2, PS3, PSVita, and 3DS and would say that the 3DS version is actually quite nice. Framerate chugs at times, but the gameplay in 3D is really damn good when it adopted Peace Walker's.

What? 3ds verson is god awful.

Ignore that version.

Kindekuma

Banned
What? 3ds verson is god awful.

Ignore that version.

I just said the gameplay was nice but the framerate is ass, both are true points about the 3DS game. Relax, Raj. You're not gonna hear me say that the PS3 version of GZ is the best version to play any time soon. Or recommend playing the PC version of MGS and MGS2 as they're shitty ports.

The 3DS version is only just playable imo. I mean it's not that bad, but it's probably the least good version of the game. PS2, PS3 and Vita versions are all much better.

Mercutiouk

Neo Member
The 3DS version is only just playable imo. I mean it's not that bad, but it's probably the least good version of the game. PS2, PS3 and Vita versions are all much better.

I particularly enjoy like the Vita versions. I mean, it is a bit of a pain if you want to do 100% due to the bad sneaking controls, but if you want to run through the story, it is great.

Considering that you can get almost every game in the series on the go, it is a great option.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not with that screen's pixel density. I'd rather play on PS2.

Only tangentially related, but now that you mention it can we all agree that PS2 was the best console?

PS2 library + PS1 library + DVD player all rolled into one for $300 (or $200 if you simply waited 19 months)

We're 19 months after the PS4 launch and even adjusted for inflation, the PS4 does not reach that same 2002 $200 value.

Shy

Also didn't Kojima state we could ride from Afghanistan to Africa but it'd take us a long time?
I wonder if we can still do that?
No, i believe he said you could ride from one end of Afghanistan to the other.
Brothers!

After lurking in here for a while (and waiting to get my account activated), I am happy to join you!

Hope everyone is not going to disappear once the game is out!
Welcome, hope you have a great time here.

Maxios

I've heard that there's a book about the history of the Metal Gear series coming out at the end of the month, but I can't seem to find anything about it. Do any of you guys have a link to it?

Shy

You know how a few pages ago i said don't bother extracting the bald soldier. (the one that gives the tape that can't be played in a normal player) I WAS WRONG, EXTRACT HIM he's a spy for Cypher.

Brothers... I been lurking mgs gaf for a while and am excited to be apart of the community and am excited to witness the fall of Big Boss on september 1st.

i believe MGS V is going to be a masterpiece and I can't wait to go on one last ride, to with you guys

Vally

Welcome brother
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Shy

Brothers... I been lurking mgs gaf for a while and am excited to be apart of the community and am excited to witness the fall of Big Boss on september 1st.

i believe MGS V is going to be a masterpiece and I can't wait to go on one last ride, to with you guys
Welcome new brother.

Kindekuma

Banned

Welcome! Glad to have more people on OuterGAF!

Venom Fox

Banned
SPOILERS

They could be achievements for milestones in the plot and they could mark the end/beginning of certain chapters.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I hope so anyway.
I want a good chunk of story, not a six hour plot like most games these days.
No lol. He said you wouldn't want to, at least according to 'The Nasian', which is the only place I've found as a source.
It's like how he said jumping out of a helicopter early would kill you, but in the new demo it shows you that the action button activates the minigun once you're away from the LZ.

If I was an expert in Japanese culture I'd be able to translate it myself but I think a lot of the stuff might be said jokingly and misunderstood when translated into English.
Oh ok, well I've swear I read about it and didn't watch a video?
I also could've sworn I read that Kojima said "you can ride from Afghanistan to Africa but it'd take you so long you wouldn't want to"

I also believe it was Sean translating Jackie who said we can jump out of the chopper when we are about to land but if we do it from high up then we can die doing it.
Not as we are are traveling away from the LZ.
No, i believe he said you could ride from one end of Afghanistan to the other.
I could be mixed up, I want it to be true though.

Edit: Welcome new brothers!

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I hope so anyway.
I want a good chunk of story, not a six hour plot like most games these days.

Oh ok, well I've swear I read about it and didn't watch a video?
I also could've sworn I read that Kojima said "you can ride from Afghanistan to Africa but it'd take you so long you wouldn't want to"

I also believe it was Sean translating Jackie who said we can jump out of the chopper when we are about to land but if we do it from high up then we can die doing it.
Not as we are are traveling away from the LZ.

I could be mixed up, I want it to be true though.

Edit: Welcome new brothers!

well i believe not every main mission will feature a cutscene, i remember a preview mentioning among the main missions there are critical objective story missions, which are really the key story missions that will feature cutscenes

i think those 10 missions are just milestone missions and not the amount of "cutscene" missions there will

I also believe that unlike peace walker..only Big Boss will be able to do main missions (story driven missions or just regular main missions)

other characters are for side ops only

guys i remember it being mentioned on mgs gaf, a spoiler about

you are able to kill child soldiers in tpp

i believe it was a European preview that sort of mentioned it

how controversial is going to be, to the gaming community and to news outlets in general if this is accurate

Vally

If he isn't evil the game failed to accomplish his descent into madness.

Agreed, we are going to hate him for sure... but I think his actions, as dire as they may be, will be somewhat justified by all the shit he's been through and we won't help but sympathize with him in the end. Kind of like with Walter White in Breaking Bad.

how controversial is going to be, to the gaming community and to news outlets in general if this is accurate

I don't see this coming, since the game releases uncut in germany.
Dead kids aren't popular here.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Heh, in Fallout 1 and 2 you could kill kids by drugging them to death or blowing them to pieces.

Mercutiouk

Neo Member
im just really excited to see TPP ending

do you think the ending is going to make us sympathize with Big Boss or make us hate him?

Do you think it is going to happen though? I think it will be a more wtf ending than anything else, I think it would be more about understanding what he did or the circumstances to become the villain (I believe it is Zero's/Patriots propaganda).

But I'm still calling that Solid Snake will be at the end. I remember seeing a connection to Outer Heaven at the end of GZ, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom