• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I hope so anyway.
I want a good chunk of story, not a six hour plot like most games these days.

Oh ok, well I've swear I read about it and didn't watch a video?
I also could've sworn I read that Kojima said "you can ride from Afghanistan to Africa but it'd take you so long you wouldn't want to"

I also believe it was Sean translating Jackie who said we can jump out of the chopper when we are about to land but if we do it from high up then we can die doing it.
Not as we are are traveling away from the LZ.

I could be mixed up, I want it to be true though.

Yong had a 'Nasian' site back then, I don't think it's there anymore but the info came from there. The text was ' It was mentioned that players don’t necessarily have to use the helicopter to get from location to location, although it was stated that players might not want to walk from Afghanistan to Africa'.

The Freedom of Infiltration video shows that you get the minigun option when flying in as well as flying out. There might be some other way you can fall out of the chopper of course.

But what I'm trying to say is I think people take quotes too seriously over all, like I've seen some people insisting you wouldn't be able to play as MB recruits because Geoff asked Kojima if you played as one character through the story. Like he was supposed to fess up and admit the secret plot twist where you play as Sunny there an then just because Geoff Keighley asked.

Ryan_MSF

2389133-4949054815-micha.gif

Rajang

Guys how am I supposed to beat that tank boss in PW nonlethally?

Which one?

There are many ways. Easiest way is with high level weapons. Tranq and fulton the infantry units and then use your best rocket launcher to lower his HP to 20%, then the captain will show up and you can tranq him.

Oh yeah I forgot about Gamescom already.
Which one?

There are many ways. Easiest way is with high level weapons. Tranq and fulton the infantry units and then use your best rocket launcher to lower his HP to 20%, then the captain will show up and you can tranq him.

Does the captain only pop out when the troops are gone? Is it possible to just hold up 4 troops and then attack the tank? I've forgotten all this stuff so I'll have to start playing again.

Kindekuma

Banned

Does the captain only pop out when the troops are gone? Is it possible to just hold up 4 troops and then attack the tank? I've forgotten all this stuff so I'll have to start playing again.

Yep when you pause to see the mission info there is a solider amount left, so once it reaches 0 the captain will pop out.

Pinewood

Which one?

But they keep on coming out of the tank

It's a bootcamp event similar to the one in LA a few weeks back. Japanese media can play the game as much as they can in 3 days.

Will someone beat the game is the question

Probably a hardware limitation made that exploit possible

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i wonder if Code Taker is the source of it all..and Kaz eyes in the TPP e3 2015 trailer are a result of him being in contact with that...

seems kind of crazy, a literal language virus...i believe it has to be more than just a metaphor..after all this is Metal Gear

Burroughs doesn't think it's a metaphor, he really thinks language is a virus. He's... he's an interesting dude. Here's a summary of his fictional novel Nova Express which broaches the subject:

Control is the main theme of the novel, and Burroughs attempts to use language to break down the walls of culture, the biggest control machine. He uses inspector Lee to express his own thoughts about the world. "The purpose of my writing is to expose and arrest Nova Criminals. In Naked Lunch, Soft Machine and Nova Express I show who they are and what they are doing and what they will do if they are not arrested. [...] With your help we can occupy The Reality Studio and retake their universe of Fear Death and Monopoly."[6] As Burroughs battles with the self and what is human, he finds that language is the only way to maintain dominance over the "powerful instruments of control," which are the most prevalent enemies of human society.

Interestingly, the goal of the "baddies" is to use language to control people, whilst the "goodies" are trying to completely eradicate all language (and noise/sound for that matter) to break free of the Nova Mobs (baddies) control.

Any of that sound familiar? ;)

I bet that person made it to Africa by then.

Imagine getting missions done in Afghanistan pretty fast but hitting a brick wall progress wise due to how different the environment works.

If I remember right it was that Russian guy who didn't like it much
And said he felt he was
getting near the end of the African map at around mission 20.

Burroughs doesn't think it's a metaphor, he really thinks language is a virus. He's... he's an interesting dude. Here's a summary of his fictional novel Nova Express which broaches the subject:

Interestingly, the goal of the "baddies" is to use language to control people, whilst the "goodies" are trying to completely eradicate all language (and noise/sound for that matter) to break free of the Nova Mobs (baddies) control.

Any of that sound familiar? ;)

so i wonder if the headphones in the neck type thing is a way to deliver the virus?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot to say, one of Burrough's biggest fans, a man who uses his literary technique (Cut Up) for his lyrics, is...

...David Bowie.

'Sweet Thing', a track of the Diamond Dogs album, is one of Bowie's first attempts at using Burrough's cut-up technique. Interestingly, Diamond Dogs has a lot of references to another book: 1984.

so i wonder if the headphones in the neck type thing is a way to deliver the virus?

Very possible. It fits nicely with the symbolism.

Someone here pointed out that one of the leaked achievements may have a clue to how they deliver it.

I forgot to say, one of Burrough's biggest fans, a man who uses his literary technique (Cut Up) for his lyrics, is...

...David Bowie.

'Sweet Thing', a track of the Diamond Dogs album, is one of Bowie's first attempts at using Burrough's cut-up technique. Interestingly, Diamond Dogs has a lot of references to another book: 1984.

Very possible. It fits nicely with the symbolism.

Someone here pointed out that one of the leaked achievements may have a clue to how they deliver it.

do you think Code Talker is the source of this virus? thats one of my theories

Shy

Guys how am I supposed to beat that tank boss in PW nonlethally?
This apllies to all vehicle bosses (except peace walker)
Tranq all support soldiers ( there'll be several waves) then the pilot will pop out, then tranq him too.

Hope that helps.
so i guess there is a theory in TPP about a language virus? does anyone know anything about that
You guys are taking a metaphor, literary.
Which is a real big problem with the MGS community. (which is a dif at you guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom