• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

Burroughs doesn't think it's a metaphor, he really thinks language is a virus. He's... he's an interesting dude. Here's a summary of his fictional novel Nova Express which broaches the subject:

Interestingly, the goal of the "baddies" is to use language to control people, whilst the "goodies" are trying to completely eradicate all language (and noise/sound for that matter) to break free of the Nova Mobs (baddies) control.

Any of that sound familiar? ;)

This from your link from before? Will give a read later.

Shy

im just saying its possible that this language thing could be more than just a metaphor...
Which is the point i was making.
You're gonna have to elaborate: do you mean a virus that affects language or language as a virus?
The latter.
wasn't it said in the japanese trailer that Skullface talks about eradicating the English Language..much more specific than language in general?
The inquar franque after world war 2, is English.

Dawg

MidnightPass, you remind me a lot of a MGS-GAF member called Radiohammer500.

He was a guy who would ask the most random MGSV stuff but his account got permabanned and unfortunately, he won't return since it's not allowed to make a new account to avoid a perma ban.

What a crazy coincidence though, he used to ask his questions in the same way you do, haha :p I guess his spirit lives on through you ;D

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The AI in MGS2 had to come from somewhere.

That somewhere was previously Emma Emmerich, who developed the AI. It's not really a plot point that needed to be expanded upon.

I am down with it, though. The Strangelove tapes were some of the more interesting in PW.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This from your link from before? Will give a read later.

Nah, the Nova Trilogy are three novels of insane cut-up (it's a really heavy read) and the link is an excerpt from (I think) his essay Electronic Revolution. It's a favourite subject of his that he always dropped into interviews. Pretty mind bending stuff.

The latter.

Last one: on the part of Burroughs or actually in Metal Gear?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That somewhere was previously Emma Emmerich, who developed the AI. It's not really a plot point that needed to be expanded upon.

I am down with it, though. The Strangelove tapes were some of the more interesting in PW.

I didn't say it was. And yeah, the Strangelove Tapes were interesting.

Pinewood

Well obviously she didnt develop it herself, I bet she is a thieving copycat like the other Emmeriches

i wouldn't be surprised if the weapon to surpass metal gear is the Patriots A.I

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well obviously she didnt develop it herself, I bet she is a thieving copycat like the other Emmeriches

At least Otacon developed the Radome on REX. It's the only new thing on it aside from heavier legs and maybe some of the small armaments.

Then again, that may have been Armstech.

it would be cool if Madnar made an apperance in TPP..like he is a student of Huey, Huey leaves DD and Madnar takes over the project for the new gear

SJRB

Gold Member
Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Pod.jpg

BBBBLOOW THE HATCH AND CLIIIIMB INTO THE AAAAA IIIIIIIIIII PODD

Pinewood

Yeah, about a month or so a go, when they first got leaked, i was a little disappointed that there isn't one for dropping a supply crate on a soldier's head.

But thanks for the heads up.
This isnt Modern Warfare :p (also that achievment seems impossible without setting it up with a friend)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, about a month or so a go, when they first got leaked, i was a little disappointed that there isn't one for dropping a supply crate on a soldier's head.

But thanks for the heads up.

Haha!

Wasn't a heads up.

LEAKED ACHIEVEMENT:
I can't remember who posted it here, but 'Metallic Archaea' = Metal Bacteria = Nanomachines (possibly?).

That's the only "virus" I'm taking literally. I'm taking what was said in the trailer as a literary reference.

Shy

This isnt Modern Warfare :p (also that achievment seems impossible without setting it up with a friend)
Nope, quite possible. :p
Wasn't a heads up.
Ohh. :(
LEAKED ACHIEVEMENT:
I can't remember who posted it here, but 'Metallic Archaea' = Metal Bacteria = Nanomachines (possibly?).

That's the only "virus" I'm taking literally. I'm taking what was said in the trailer as a literary reference.
God i hope nanomachines aren't in this game.

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-E3-2015-Screen-Huey-and-Metal-Gear.jpg

just noticed something interesting....this giant robot that Huey is working on doesn't look like the ST-84 Metal Gear

it looks like a giant D-Walker

maybe this robot vs. Metal Gear fight will be in TPP like the rex vs. ray fight in mgs 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom