• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

original.jpg

Shy

It looks like a giant 4 legged walker, but I can't think how you'd park a little one inside. Just a familiar looking cockpit maybe?
Supposedly it slots into the back of the head.

I wish to god i could remember where i heard that from, so i could link you guys to it.

I just noticed the big ass CRT monitor Huey has, he should upgrade to idroid tech ;)

Maybe the idroid gives you eye cancer after prolonged use and nobody tells Snake.

Rajang

Does the captain only pop out when the troops are gone? Is it possible to just hold up 4 troops and then attack the tank? I've forgotten all this stuff so I'll have to start playing again.

Yes, with the tanks and armored vehicles you need to fulton everyone before the captain shows up. Holding them up is much more difficult because the tank can kill the infantry units by driving over them, spawning more enemies.

With the attack chopper missions you can just hold up the first 4 troops and then attack the chopper with an armor piercing weapon. You need to aim for the windshield, when you destroy it the captain will stick his head out. A great weapon for that is the PTRS1941 rifle.

Shy

Yes, with the tanks and armored vehicles you need to fulton everyone before the captain shows up. Holding them up is much more difficult because the tank can kill the infantry units by driving over them, spawning more enemies.
Yes, but they don't spawn infinitely though, there's a set number of waves.

From what we've seen it's possible that it's not actually Eli in the cockpit when it's chasing him, but I can't be bothered considering alternatives

With the attack chopper missions you can just hold up the first 4 troops and then attack the chopper with an armor piercing weapon. You need to aim for the windshield, when you destroy it the captain will stick his head out. A great weapon for that is the PTRS1941 rifle.

Do the troops stay down after an alert in PW? Ground Zeroes has overwritten most of my gameplay knowledge.
I should go and play it instead of asking stupid questions.

Rajang

Yes, but they don't spawn infinitely though, there's a set number of waves.

I know that. The later missions spawn up to 36 infantry units. And up to 25% more if you do coop.

Do the troops stay down after an alert in PW? Ground Zeroes has overwritten most of my gameplay knowledge.
I should go and play it instead of asking stupid questions.

They stay down in the chopper mission yes.

GHound

They've got to come from somewhere. ;)

Nanomachines are actually a substance The Philosophers discovered in a space rock(codenamed "philosopher's stone") that landed one day by chance in a Philosopher affiliated scientist's back yard. Members of The Cobra Unit were test subjects of this new substance and exhibited supernatural abilities due to its influence.

Later on, Zero obtains the Philosopher's Stone and fresh samples from a new space rock that hits during the early '80s which he would have his team of scientists begin using on new test subjects. Unfortunately for him, these samples were all living parasites and the test subjects began to have severe reactions to it.

xMt7uI0.png

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Nanomachines are actually a substance The Philosophers discovered in a space rock(codenamed "philosopher's stone") that landed one day by chance in a Philosopher affiliated scientist's back yard. Members of The Cobra Unit were test subjects of this new substance and exhibited supernatural abilities due to its influence.

Later on, Zero obtains the Philosopher's Stone and fresh samples from a new space rock that hits during the early '80s which he would have his team of scientists begin using on new test subjects. Unfortunately for him, these samples were all living parasites and the test subjects began to have severe reactions to it.

xMt7uI0.png

f7d4ead30573bbe4a01ff92b21e962b3b70d5349.jpg

honestly as much as I am excited for the "1984" parallels in TPP

UVk2aZZ.png

i feel like comparing Big Boss to Big Brother is quite disingenuous

as Big Boss ideology of Outer Heaven seems to be completely different than The Party

i mean would you guys agree that its weird to try to connect Big Boss to Big Brother of "1984"

seems Zero would fit that description a whole lot better than Big Boss

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Reminder that 1080p is arbitrary!

Every single game can hypothetically be 1080p on both PS3 and 360 if you turn various graphical options down or just plain off.

i mean would you guys agree that its weird to try to connect Big Boss to Big Brother of "1984"

Zero would, sure. But it's worth pointing out that Zero's Patriots are a little different than the Patriots as the AI portrayed in MGS2 which specifically say they do NOT want to simply censor content from the people. You wouldn't have cameras and gestapo police everywhere. It was more Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World' than George Orwell's 1984.

Also consider that it might just be a simple pun they're making. Big Boss is Watching You is a better play on words than Zero/Cipher is Watching You.

Gun Animal

its just a silly poster you can put up around mother base. Yes, Zero is trying to create Newspeak it seems. It would be a little to blunt to have posters around africa that say "zero is watching you" tho, lol.

Kindekuma

Banned
So now that we have file sizes on the PSN store, and the "start to finish" bootcamp event in Japan it's fair to say that MGSV as a whole was completed this week with a gold master build finally made.

HYPE

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So now that we have file sizes on the PSN store, and the "start to finish" bootcamp event in Japan it's fair to say that MGSV as a whole was completed this week with a gold master build finally made.

HYPE

Seems about right. Gold usually comes about a month before release and allegedly they were just polishing the game these last few months.

Rumor goes 360 games leak earlier than the rest. And since this game is on 360, I don't think we're far off from spoilers.

Kindekuma

Banned
Seems about right. Gold usually comes about a month before release and allegedly they were just polishing the game these last few months.

Rumor goes 360 games leak earlier than the rest. And since this game is on 360, I don't think we're far off from spoilers.

God help us all

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
if theres spoilers in the wild, then please take them to the main gaming side. this community must stay pure for kojima senpai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom