• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Åesop;173022635 said:
More like: You are already a Junior Member ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )

1384920863548.gif

Error1355

I just took a phone call at work from a lady so dumb she asked me if the zero in her password was uppercase or lowercase. Twice.

She also told her type of phone was an 'iPhone called a Sampson Gallery".

guys help me stay strong in this troubling time

wilsonda

I just took a phone call at work from a lady so dumb she asked me if the zero in her password was uppercase or lowercase. Twice.

Haha I laughed hard... it's been awhile since working customer service for the general public... working at an it desk is so much nicer when you interface only with professionals

Mexen

You guys wanna hear a joke?

So Kaz, Big Boss and Grey Fox walk into a bar- guys? Guys? Where is everyone? ( ._.)

EDIT:

L0L. Uppercase or lowercase zero. Wait a minute...

!

What if she was really asking your thoughts on how a big a role Zero will play in TPP?

RetroMG

Thanks for reminding me how glad I am to not be working in a customer service call center anymore.

I'm a couple of missions into Peace Walker, trying to get it and Ground Zeroes played before V comes out.

Any general tips? I've been fultoning everyone I can because it seems like I want to staff up mother base as soon as I can.

MajorTom

I not sure how I feel about spoilers tbh. I'd rather not see them but in all honesty I'm still going to play the game either way and we'll most likely see the spoilers out of context.

But then I'd also prefer to go into the game not knowing any more than I do now.

I'm a couple of missions into Peace Walker, trying to get it and Ground Zeroes played before V comes out.

Any general tips? I've been fultoning everyone I can because it seems like I want to staff up mother base as soon as I can.

Just keep on mashing that Triangle button, brother! If you need any help via CO-OPs, let us know!

SyberWolf

It's probably gold as of this week. With official download sizes plus the boot camp, it seems that it's gone gold and now they are working on patches.

they even updated the steam database few days ago, when they started the bootcamp and added the achievement languages and 1 person was playing

Loakum

Banned
mgsvcollectors-jpg.jpg

far too hyped for this to arrive

Same here, but I got to be on extra guard on the day it arrives. One of my neighbor already stole my copy of the Limited Edition of Batman Arkham Knight from off my porch. Amazon had to send me another one (free of charge for the 2nd delivery).

Same here, but I got to be on extra guard on the day it arrives. One of my neighbor already stole my copy of the Limited Edition of Batman Arkham Knight from off my porch. Amazon had to send me another one (free of charge for the 2nd delivery).

In the UK, if you're not in to take a package they sometimes put it in your bin for safekeeping.

Aizo

Banned
I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm just now playing Peace Walker for the first time, and I'm still having trouble setting some of the time line up in my head.

I'm kinda confused about Les Enfants Terribles. Do we actually see it happen in any game, or is it only ever spoken of? Does it happen between 3 and Peace Walker? Will Snake talk about it in Peace Walker?

Shy

I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm just now playing Peace Walker for the first time, and I'm still having trouble setting some of the time line up in my head.

I'm kinda confused about Les Enfants Terribles. Do we actually see it happen in any game, or is it only ever spoken of? Does it happen between 3 and Peace Walker? Will Snake talk about it in Peace Walker?
It's mentioned in a secret tape in peace walker.

Aizo

Banned
I mean I understand the event, but it's never actually shown--it's only spoken about. We don't get to see what happens between Big Boss and Zero--only hear about it. Is that right?

It happened between 3 and Peace Walker, right?

Shy

I mean I understand the event, but it's never actually shown--it's only spoken about. We don't get to see what happens between Big Boss and Zero--only hear about it. Is that right?
Correct, but we'll probably see Big Boss's reaction to the program in TPP. Because at this point in the timeline he doesn't know about it yet.
It happened between 3 and Peace Walker, right?
Also correct.

Aizo

Banned
Ahhh. That's the key thing I didn't realize. I didn't know Big Boss wasn't aware of it yet.

Also, was Kaz introduced in Portable Ops? I feel like I'm really missing out on something unless they do flashbacks.

Shy

Also, was Kaz introduced in Portable Ops? I feel like I'm really missing out on something unless they do flashbacks.
Hmmm, i think Kaz was reintroduced in Portable OPS, but don't quote me on that though, i'm not that familiar with the game.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, i think Kaz was reintroduced in Portable OPS, but don't quote me on that though, i'm not that familiar with the game.

no, Kaz was introduced in Peace Walker, or technically Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, as FOXHOUND's combat instructor

Venom Fox

Banned
Correct, but we'll probably see Big Boss's reaction to the program in TPP. Because at this point in the timeline he doesn't know about it yet.
Are we 100% sure that he didn't know? Don't forget that Kojima said there's only one coma, that's when the supposed DNA was taken.

The first coma was retconned/didn't even exist in the first place (the one where the DNA was taken) so he may have retconned the situation and Big Boss knew about it.
It'd make more sense than Zero to just come out and say "Hey, Big Boss! I made clones of you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom