• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

no, Kaz was introduced in Peace Walker, or technically Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, as FOXHOUND's combat instructor
I knew he was in MG2, which is why i said "reintroduced" but i wasn't sure if he was in Pops.
Kaz wasn't in PO. He reappeared in Peace Walker but how he and Big Boss met is left to the tapes.
Yeah, that's what i thought, but wasn't 100% sure.
Are we 100% sure that he didn't know? Don't forget that Kojima said there's only one coma, that's when the supposed DNA was taken.
We are,
because in peace walker Kaz makes it clear to Zero, that Big Boss doesn't know.

Yeah, that whole only one coma, really mucked things up.
so he may have retconned the situation and Big Boss knew about it.
I doubt it, because TPP is a direct sequel to peace walker, and so much of TPP's plot is reliant on PW.
It'd make more sense than Zero to just come out and say "Hey, Big Boss! I made clones of you!"
He can still do that at this point.

Venom Fox

Banned
We are,
because in peace walker Kaz makes it clear to Zero, that Big Boss doesn't know.

Yeah, that whole only one coma, really mucked things up.

I doubt it, because TPP is a direct sequel to peace walker, and so much of TPP's plot is reliant on PW.

He can still do that at this point.
But Kojima said when TPP was announced that there was only one coma though. Which was after PW.
That and the fact that it's known Big Boss left the patriots due to the discovery of the LET project means we could get a retcon.

Shy

But Kojima said when TPP was announced that there was only one coma though. Which was after PW.
That and the fact that it's known Big Boss left the patriots due to the discovery of the LET project means we could get a retcon.
Or because of peace walker, he's DNA was obtained another way now (not while in the coma) otherwise that secret tape in PW no longer is cannon. which i highly doubt.

Big boss's discovery of what happened is going to be the thing that drive the wedge between Kaz and himself.

Gun Animal

Ravi Singh coined the term "Anarcho-Militarism" to desribe Big Boss' ideology, since anarcho-capitalism and anarcho-communism don't fully apply.

Incidentally, for those unaware, full communism IS anarchism. No transitional communist state has ever achieved full communism, though.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I don't recall this image, does any one know what its all about?

20150727_mgsvtpp_02.jpg

Source: https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog...svtpp.html?tkgpscom=dc_mgsvtpp_ps_tw_20150727

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Question mark is likely Zero.

Would be great if he has an actual character model, but it might be spookier if he only communicates over the radio or secondhand via Ocelot.

edit: nvrmind

Gun Animal

and reguarding race specifically, i think Big Boss' creed would go something like 'judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by how acurately he can hit a target at 100 yards with an M16'

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
and reguarding race specifically, i think Big Boss' creed would go something like 'judge a man not by the color of his skin, but by how acurately he can hit a target at 100 yards with an M16'

Zero is colorblind too. Not just based off the last trailer, but in a Sigint conversation in MGS3 he mentions the Major doesn't pay attention to that stuff.

Gun Animal

Zero is colorblind too. Not just based off the last trailer, but in a Sigint conversation in MGS3 he mentions the Major doesn't pay attention to that stuff.
Yeah, naturally. A big theme of MGS3 that not many people seemed to pick up on is how the different characters influence Naked Snake. I think the intention was to show the player a scenario that would lead one to have the same opinions that Big Boss had in Metal Gear 2, so the game is full of conversations and characters that don't mean much on their own but together paint a broader picture.

Shy

Yeah, naturally. A big theme of MGS3 that not many people seemed to pick up on is how the different characters influence Naked Snake. I think the intention was to show the player a scenario that would lead one to have the same opinions that Big Boss had in Metal Gear 2, so the game is full of conversations and characters that don't mean much on their own but together paint a broader picture.
I don't agree with that, in MG2 Big Boss was just a moustachioed twirler in a action game, without any nuance.

one thing that i want TPP to have, is that i want to feel the weight of Big Boss's legend

- i want enemy soldiers to talk about him, whisperm gossip

- i want DD soldiers to talk about him, whisper, gossip

i want to hear about Big Boss legend, myths, lies, exaggerations, half-truths created by Zero...authentic truths of Big Boss etc.

he is the greatest soldier the world has ever seen.. i want this to be an important plot point in TPP

Furyous

Can you expound on this? A big part of my lifelong respect of greatness towards Kojima are the rich themes of these games so this is fascinating. I quit Subsistence after getting to the section with the crocodiles because my SDTV had color issues and I couldn't see the water.

one thing that i want TPP to have, is that i want to feel the weight of Big Boss's legend

- i want enemy soldiers to talk about him, whisperm gossip

- i want DD soldiers to talk about him, whisper, gossip

i want to hear about Big Boss legend, myths, lies, exaggerations, half-truths created by Zero...authentic truths of Big Boss etc.

he is the greatest soldier the world has ever seen.. i want this to be an important plot point in TPP

I want animals to salute when I walk pass. The world needs to change as a result of this game. Enemy tactics have to change depending on my actions. Hopefully the deaths aren't too violent. Diamond Dog needs to let me ride around the base on him like the boss that I am. Can't wait to spec out my base. Looking forward to 40 minute youtube base building tutorials.

playing as other soldiers seems interesting..but if im correct they are only allowed for side ops right

main missions are big boss only correct me if im wrong?

GHound

I don't recall this image, does any one know what its all about?

20150727_mgsvtpp_02.jpg

Source: https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog...svtpp.html?tkgpscom=dc_mgsvtpp_ps_tw_20150727

The two items it references below this image appear to be for reserving the game through the Japanese PS Store

1: Field Uniform ("Pixel Sand"(sand/desert digital?))
2: Mother Base Staff 4

The six items below the next image seem to be for just buying the game digitally.

1: Field Uniform (Black Ocelot)
2: Cardboard Box ("Mountain Spec")
3: Rasp Short Barrel Shotgun Gold
4: Personal Ballistic Shield Gold
5: "Venom Snake" Emblem Parts
6: Mother Base Staff 3

But I don't read Japanese, so don't quote me on that.

The two items it references below this image appear to be for reserving the game through the Japanese PS Store

1: Field Uniform ("Pixel Sand"(sand/desert digital?))
2: Mother Base Staff 4

The six items below the next image seem to be for just buying the game digitally.

1: Field Uniform (Black Ocelot)
2: Cardboard Box ("Mountain Spec")
3: Rasp Short Barrel Shotgun Gold
4: Personal Ballistic Shield Gold
5: "Venom Snake" Emblem Parts
6: Mother Base Staff 3

But I don't read Japanese, so don't quote me on that.

I was wondering if this meant three/four Mother Base staff or the third and fourth members of a collection. Either way, they are splitting the Mother Base staff in the Japanese version to Hell and back. You get an exclusive staff member from just about every retailer, as well as these console storefront staff members. It's crazy.

GHound

I was wondering if this meant three/four Mother Base staff or the third and fourth members of a collection. Either way, they are splitting the Mother Base staff in the Japanese version to Hell and back. You get an exclusive staff member from just about every retailer, as well as these console storefront staff members. It's crazy.

It seems to be a single staff member.

Anyone watch the GameSpot demo analysis? I didn't even notice that there were mission location icons... Looks like the second mission takes place at
Mother Base
?

Potential Spoilers:

Yeah, I think it does take place at
Mother Base
It is probably his introduction to Mother Base and it could potentially serve as a part of the Mother Base tutorial after him escaping the hospital.

Anyone watch the GameSpot demo analysis? I didn't even notice that there were mission location icons... Looks like the second mission takes place at
Mother Base
?

Yeah I'd noticed that, it has no GMP reward so it's probably a tutorial thingy. Maybe it has that fight scene and you get to test out some cqc.
Actually there could be
multiple MB based missions going by the trailers, maybe there's 1 near the start of each chapter or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom