• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
First OT title has to be

A Hideo Kojima Game

Second OT should be "Chico, please be Quiet."

I have to agree, if I were to pick just one for each, I have to admit those are the strongest, despite some good competition. I really like my MGS1 David quote, but it's probably too long. These get the point across, one's serious, expressing loyalty to Kojima, the other's silly, and is a good homage to the madness of the fanbase these games have enjoyed and been enjoyed by for these many years.

Edit:
Someone posted a link to the offscreen images Kojika had put on twitter, I think from late 2014 to March, right? Anyways, here is the link, and this image of Mother Base is one of the coolest I've seen, offscreen or not.

2fXsbEDl.jpg

It really shows off the customization capabilities and excites me for the front operating base customization. I guess because the FOB is for random multiplayer infiltration, do you suppose the MOB customization is in just for cosmetics or because there can be AI infiltrations?

MGS5 theory:
i was watching the E3 2013 red banner trailer and i notice that there is a camp omega scene that is set in the day. While watching this i remember them leak on 4chan that might be true. with one of them saying something about
Ground Zeroes happens in The Phantom Pain, but in a very, very different way. Ground Zeroes as you played it is a misrepresentation of an event the real Big Boss lived, only experienced by Venom Snake as he is in comatose status during his growth.
. so my theory is that the person who is getting killed in camp omega in the trailer is
CHICO

I still contend that the "feature" supposedly never seen in games before is an unlockable extra if you complete the "Camp Omega redux" mission - a beta of one of the early Metal Gear games.

Kindekuma

Banned
I still contend that the "feature" supposedly never seen in games before is an unlockable extra if you complete the "Camp Omega redux" mission - a beta of one of the early Metal Gear games.

Kenichiro basically said that all online "leaks" are fake. We might return to Camp Omega, that much we know but the reason why is unknown.

Gun Animal

Playing through MGS3 again, I just noticed Eva's motorcycle is very similiar to the one seen in the GDC 2013 trailer. Is it safe to assume that Eva is in TPP and that that's where BB gets the motorcycle from?

yD9PAZ.gif

i cant stop thinking about this...skullface, is he real or not

-what or who are they looking at

i need to know

30 something days left

Remember, he could be stepping up then down from a stairwell. But it really is an intriguing shot, I think Kojima had fun making this one, with its mind games and clever camera work. I'm willing to bet that even in the latter half of the game, we still won't be sure about whether these "phantom" elements will be "real" or not. By the end, we'll probably know, but I like the idea that
Skullface and his Parasite unit could remain an unexplained phenomenon forever, and disappear without a trace without their true nature ever being discovered. The ghosts of war itself.

Edit:
but why would they just be staring at it...? just like a dead stare

I'm guessing that they are unveiling that Metal Gear for the first time after being
requisitioned from XOF or perhaps given freely to BB by Skullface.
It'd be an understandably important moment for Diamond Dogs. Maybe they are also burning someone alive on top of it as a symbol of something, I don't know. Wouldn't be surprised If someone's in the cockpit (burning optional).

Playing through MGS3 again, I just noticed Eva's motorcycle is very similiar to the one seen in the GDC 2013 trailer. Is it safe to assume that Eva is in TPP and that that's where BB gets the motorcycle from?

No, but I'd love that to be the case. EVA making an appearance is still not as important I think than Gray Fox's appearance, which is lesser than Zero's, but it would still be too awesome to pass up. I really want Big Boss to get unnerved by her appearance and start to grow a temper for her betrayal of him, maybe another way to show his growing dark side. Maybe she could eventually join the motorcycle division of the R&D team, I don't know lol.

Solidus comes last in importance of appearance of all of those names, but it'd still be a missed opportunity not for him to learn how to imitate Big Boss as he does later first hand as a mid to late teenager.

Kindekuma

Banned

Triumph motorcycles appears in Peace Walker. Snake has it when he arrives to the beach in the opening. I don't think EVA is in it per se just because a motorcycle exists in the game, but it would be interesting to see her show up due to how the BB clone(s) appear.

Loakum

Banned
This guy is claiming to have leaked the whole story of TPP. Investigate everyone!

[redacted by FoxDie]

Check post 25.

No....I wouldn't advise ANYONE to look at his post! The fact reddit erased his post and banned him, would lead me to believe it may be true. (I know I'm not looking at it)

The thread is so active too... I only read one part and I hope it's not true.

Why? is it good or that bad lol.

I'm half tempted to look, but there is a post on the metal gear reddit by the mods saying that they will delete and ban all fake and or real spoilers/leaks from that subforum.

I don't know if it's real and I'm not reading it.

Of course I want to experience the story, I was just skimming through the thread on people responses about it being potentially fake and I came across someone just blurting a part of it out. That's my fault.

On the other hand, I hope it's not true so I dont get spoiled. Although if true... it would be a pretty awesome story element.

I'm reading it and it's pretty obviously bullshit.
One of the few boss fights he talks about just happens to be one already blatantly teased, and the others just sound silly.

There is a final confrontation with Big Boss and Zero. That's when Solid Snake is introduced. Zero has all these monitors in his control room (that room is all red with lots of red lights, it's very weird), and before Big Boss makes any move, he shows him a video of Solid Snake training. Zero offers Big Boss his own base and army (that's where we know he'll make Outer Heaven - however OH is never really pictured in the game, aside from SF's forces) and tells him he can train and raise the boy if he wants.

j2uBQXp.png

Loakum

Banned
BigBossFan used the same exact username in his Reddit post with the same story. Kenichiro praised his imagination but said it's fake.

FFFFFAKE!

uuYdoBY.png

Ok, I was waiting on the seal of bullshit. Now I may click on it, to see what's he talking about......nah, I still won't click on it. lol

Kindekuma

Banned
Did you read any of the stuff he posted?

Of course, I view any major "leaks" for the game that break out prior to the game's release. Until release or it broke street date, I'll review it. All these leaks lately are just to get the crowd wound up for the sake of attention.

Any "leak" will get this seal 100%.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm reading it and it's pretty obviously bullshit.
One of the few boss fights he talks about just happens to be one already blatantly teased, and the others just sound silly.

tqHARym.png

this just sounds pretty stupid

Of course, I view any major "leaks" for the game that break out prior to the game's release. Until release or it broke street date, I'll review it. All these leaks lately are just to get the crowd wound up for the sake of attention.

Any "leak" will get this seal 100%.

Good to hear.

Five weeks to go. And the danger of spoilers grows every single day. Everywhere is a minefield. Hope Ken and others help us out when something real does leak.

Let me put this in perspective for you.

I have signed NDA's in the past. For a recent Japanese port (Way of the Samurai 4), I authorized my involvement via email after reading a 3-page NDA. For a new IP (Not a Hero), I signed a 5-page NDA with a digital signature. The longest NDA I ever signed (for a prospective film project my previous workplace was negotiating funding with) was 12 pages and required multiple copies sent back to the production company, all with handwritten signatures.

There is no way anyone was able to walk off with the amount of content this person did without stringent NDA restrictions out the ass, especially if he's bragging about it onliine. Of what I've read in the topic, it seems like educated guesswork coupled with fan-fiction. He left for a while and someone else was constantly kissing his ass while posting his "answers" multiple times over. He has not provided any proof or photographs of the content he has besides his "assurances" that he's in the know.

This is fake.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
only five (six) weeks to go, still remenber seeing the GDC reveal and thinking it was so far away

Tzmhero

yD9PAZ.gif

Notice how the light changes slightly when we see SF? It's an odd choice to only at that exact moment show that lens flare then it end right after he is covered by Snake's head again. Such a small thing but it sticks out strangely... I didnt even notice it till i was reading down a bit and caught the light change out of the corner of my eye. I wonder if it signifies something or it's just the light happening to hit just right? Either way, it's a nice visual effect that corresponds to a no down 'oh shit' moment during the original trailer.

Also, my vote is for

Metal Gear Solid V the Phantom Pain Spoiler [OT] This is Morpho, Arriving Shortly at the Spoiler Zone.

Let me put this in perspective for you.

I have signed NDA's in the past. For a recent Japanese port (Way of the Samurai 4), I authorized my involvement via email after reading a 3-page NDA. For a new IP (Not a Hero), I signed a 5-page NDA with a digital signature. The longest NDA I ever signed (for a prospective film project my previous workplace was negotiating funding with) was 12 pages and required multiple copies sent back to the production company, all with handwritten signatures.

There is no way anyone was able to walk off with the amount of content this person did without stringent NDA restrictions out the ass, especially if he's bragging about it onliine. Of what I've read in the topic, it seems like educated guesswork coupled with fan-fiction. He left for a while and someone else was constantly kissing his ass while posting his "answers" multiple times over. He has not provided any proof or photographs of the content he has besides his "assurances" that he's in the know.

This is fake.

well it could possibly be true..in this thread he showed some "evidence"

IMAGE WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILER

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-xbox-one/showimg-58/

description of the image

BIG BOSS HAS NO HORN...those are quips of his hair, but no horn

Kindekuma

Banned
only five (six) weeks to go, still remenber seeing the GDC reveal and thinking it was so far away

I've wanted to play the game super bad since the VGA announcement in 2012. I remember watching the trailer a couple times that day because something resonated with me.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-xbox-one/showimg-58/

description of the image

Don't put spoilers in a description of the spoiler. Also, come on man. Troll harder ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Frankly, that's not enough. Anyone can link to an achievement page.

The poster was asked multiple times for a picture of the game disc or off-screen shots to verify his information, but he's apparently fled, replaced by some guy named "FreeThinker" who's insulting and trolling everyone while posting the same "answers" over and over.

It was even pointed out that there was another "summary" posted on 4Chan earlier, by a guy who also swears he was at the bootcamp but has a completely different narrative to what this guy is spinning.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

description of the image

it seems likely that the horn will fall off, he doesnt have it in the MGS4 flashbacks or any piece of artwork and Kojima may want to keep that piece of canon consistent.

Frankly, that's not enough. Anyone can link to an achievement page.

The poster was asked multiple times for a picture of the game disc or off-screen shots to verify his information, but he's apparently fled, replaced by some guy named "FreeThinker" who's insulting and trolling everyone while posting the same "answers" over and over.

It was even pointed out that there was another "summary" posted on 4Chan earlier, by a guy who also swears he was at the bootcamp but has a completely different narrative to what this guy is spinning.

but, the 4chan guy his summary of the story

he also talks about how we play a guy named V and not the real big boss though

but, the 4chan guy his summary of the story

The 4Chan user also claims that
only Skullface visits Snake in the hospital during the prologue, while the Reddit/GameFaqs user claims that Quiet visits him in the hospital and speaks in English to someone over a phone.

They're suckering in fans for their own cheap laughs. Best to move on.

Kindekuma

Banned
The 4Chan user also claims that
only Skullface visits Snake in the hospital during the prologue, while the Reddit/GameFaqs user claims that Quiet visits him in the hospital and speaks in English to someone over a phone.

They're suckering in fans for their own cheap laughs. Best to move on.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom