• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4Chan user also claims that
only Skullface visits Snake in the hospital during the prologue, while the Reddit/GameFaqs user claims that Quiet visits him in the hospital and speaks in English to someone over a phone.

They're suckering in fans for their own cheap laughs. Best to move on.

so do you think the 4chan guy saw the reddit guy post and put his own spin on it?

so do you think the 4chan guy saw the reddit guy post and put his own spin on it?

I'm saying they're both full of shit. I've been around long enough to know these types of trolls - "Oh, I got all this insider information, and you can believe me or not because I don't really care, but here's a ridiculous summary that doesn't hold up to scrutiny".

Claiming you can play as Ocelot, for Christ's sake.

Kindekuma

Banned
These fake/bullshit leaks are stressin' me the fuck out. I'm rapidly approaching bail out modo...

Chill mang, chill...

tumblr_nnhhlkfUeF1trwxuqo1_400.gif

It would, and if it's real, then the leaker gives no fucks about NDAs

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718564-metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/72229674/827388617

Your account was created Monday, July 27, 2015 5:08 PM
Free7hinker's account was created Monday, July 27, 2015 5:47 PM
BigMGSFan's account was created Monday, July 27, 2015 1:07 PM

Something else I find very strange... Last Visits from all three accounts as of right now:
Ocelotacon: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:07 AM
Free7hinker: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:21 AM
BigMGSFan: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 3:00 AM

I also have screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/5JG4a

A persistent and dedicated troll. Pack it up, folks. Show's over.

about the image i still posted though...it still causing me to think

the leak is most likely fake, but still...that image is causing some suspicion in me, i can't help it

Big Boss has no horn and a clean face with none of the scars

Shy

Because I don't want other people to get taken by it. There's no need to entertain scenarios. Yes, I know everyone's spoiler-starved, but these kinds of trolls help no one.
I wasn't entertaining it though, i was answering a question about the dude breaking an NDA.

I read all the spoilers because 4/PW made me not give a shit about the story anymore.

It sounds like typically convoluted Kojima wankery, but nothing in it really comes out of left field with a "didn't see that coming." Everything that is said could be built by piecing together different trailers and putting your own spin on things.

ok i was reading through the thread again and he said

you can play as 4 characters

Venom, Ocelot, Gray Fox and a young sniper wolf

lol lol lol lol

this is hilarious

yD9PAZ.gif

Notice how the light changes slightly when we see SF? It's an odd choice to only at that exact moment show that lens flare then it end right after he is covered by Snake's head again. Such a small thing but it sticks out strangely... I didnt even notice it till i was reading down a bit and caught the light change out of the corner of my eye. I wonder if it signifies something or it's just the light happening to hit just right? Either way, it's a nice visual effect that corresponds to a no down 'oh shit' moment during the original trailer.

This is a very interesting point you bring up. Honestly, the only thing I was thinking was "Oh, Skull Face disappears, so... Is he a phantom at this point of the game?" Well, what you bring up has reminded me of this:

E3 2014:

E3 2015:

Which makes me curious. Is is possible that characters may or may not being in scenes depending on how you approach the game's mission structure? Remember that in this game, missions are unlocked in groups of three. Which leads me to believe that in the E3 2014 trailer, the player had not reacquired Huey, and in the E3 2015 trailer, he had. If that makes any sense? Like, maybe certain characters will appear based on the requirements that have or have not been met to a certain point. Maybe characters not only develop relationships with Snake, but each other as well - based on the player's actions? In every bit of footage we had seen up to the 2015 trailer, Ocelot and Huey did not seem to be on the friendliest of terms, so it makes me wonder-- if Snake has a strong relationship with Ocelot AND a strong relationship with Huey, for example, will those characters respect each other more, as well? Unfortunately, we haven't had a look at the Relationships menu that was present in the E3 2015 demo, but fortunately, the game is out in just over a month, so we will find out soon enough!

the GOAT MGS creator of video content Yong just got followed by Hideo Kojima's Japanese account /salute

g0yjZKo.png

Congrats. Like him or not, we should be happy that Kojima takes notice of the fans in ways like this.

Kindekuma

Banned
Which makes me curious. Is is possible that characters may or may not being in scenes depending on how you approach the game's mission structure? Remember that in this game, missions are unlocked in groups of three. Which leads me to believe that in the E3 2014 trailer, the player had not reacquired Huey, and in the E3 2015 trailer, he had. If that makes any sense? Like, maybe certain characters will appear based on the requirements that have or have not been met to a certain point. Maybe characters not only develop relationships with Snake, but each other as well - based on the player's actions? In every bit of footage we had seen up to the 2015 trailer, Ocelot and Huey did not seem to be on the friendliest of terms, so it makes me wonder-- if Snake has a strong relationship with Ocelot AND a strong relationship with Huey, for example, will those characters respect each other more, as well? Unfortunately, we haven't had a look at the Relationships menu that was present in the E3 2015 demo, but fortunately, the game is out in just over a month, so we will find out soon enough.

We know that we can complete story missions out of order and it will still come together as a collective whole to make a coherent story. So I'm assuming that the 2014 trailer's cutscene showed when the player didn't finish a mission to bring in Huey and in 2015's trailer have the mission completed before the same cutscene. Ocelot and Kaz are required for these cutscenes, and missions that require more characters will be opened later on. So mission with "starring Venom 'Punished' Snake" actually are important so we can tell who's important in future cutscenes. So the cutscene when Venom spreads ashes on his face didn't have Huey as a starring cast member but more of a background character with no dialogue for that specific section of the story. See what I mean?

You may be on to something, sounds cool. Though I bet that optional appearances of characters in key cutscenes will not necessarily lack dialogue. The game is apparently crazy expansive, and recording some extra dialogue to fill in optional gaps would make a world of difference in making this game's systems even more impressive and cool.

SJRB

Gold Member
5 weeks, motherfuckers.

Also - I googled "5 weeks" for a suitable picture and was greeted with the most horrifying gallery of disgust I've ever seen. Please don't.

So I bought Robocop 2 on Blu-ray and there is an uncanny similarity between the folded-up smaller arms on Kain's Robocop 2 model and the same esthetic being on the Metal Gear ST-84 model in MGSV:TPP. I wonder if Kojima had any inspiration from this classic 90s movie?

2914417_orig.jpg

cain16.jpg

cain6_zps37f5b129.png

Shy

V has come too.
So I bought Robocop 2 on Blu-ray and there is an uncanny similarity between the folded-up smaller arms on Kain's Robocop 2 model and the same esthetic being on the Metal Gear ST-84 model in MGSV:TPP. I wonder if Kojima had any inspiration from this classic 90s movie?
More than likely, when you keep in mind this quote from him "70% of my existence is made up of movies"

Tzmhero

This is a very interesting point you bring up. Honestly, the only thing I was thinking was "Oh, Skull Face disappears, so... Is he a phantom at this point of the game?" Well, what you bring up has reminded me of this:

Could be a completely different variant on 'The Phantom Pain'. Say, SF is killed early on, or worse, off screen and Snake is given no... closure after all of the horrible things that man did to both him and his compatriots.

The phantom limb idea is the psychological break where a patient claims they can still feel their limb that is no longer there.

Snake, with no closure of, well, killing this man, starts hallucinating that SF is still around, antagonizing him.

Incidentally enough, one of the ways doctors help patients who have lost a limb is to have them stand and look into a mirror set so it reflects the undamaged half of their body, often giving the illusion that their arm is back as it reflects their undamaged arm.

A mirror. CLONES. OH SHI-

Actually, I know for a fact that Kojima loves this movie [Robocop 2] because if you listen to the "Metal Gear/Solid Snake Music Compilation of Hideo Kojima Red Disc" there's a couple samples of the Cane Mech during track 15 "Infiltration".

Ryan_MSF

Okay you guys, i think it's time for the question we've all been waiting to be asked, the one that really needs answering.....

Who is your #1 Metal Gear Waifu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom