• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_MSF

4579699307_9da77e226f_o.jpg

I adore Cecile, she is so fucking cute.

So, if you like Kojima's writing you live in a bubble with other fanboys, but if you blanket everyone who likes something together and call it a bubble, you're open-minded? Not sure how this works, exactly.

GHound

I almost got mugged in Paris last month and I punched a steel pipe out of some guy's arm, I was the bone of my sword. http://i.imgur.com/GQ8LMOK.png

Punching isn't always fun friends.

7rAdUQ4.jpg

If only your body were made of blades or you had Boss' new hand. Then even punching steel pipes would be fun.

Edit: 34 days, seems like it was just yesterday I pre-ordered the game.
That was January.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Idk what that makes me, but i smiled at the thought.

A stand-up guy.

As far as I'm concerned, people can hate Kojima all they want. He isn't perfect by any stretch. However, saying he flat out isn't one of the more unique designers in gaming is just being wilfully ignorant.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay you guys, i think it's time for the question we've all been waiting to be asked, the one that really needs answering.....

Who is your #1 Metal Gear Waifu?

First name that pops up is MGS4 Naomi, but on second thought it's Strangelove, totally. Smart, sassy, hot accent.

Auctopus

4579699307_9da77e226f_o.jpg

I adore Cecile, she is so fucking cute.

I was thinking about returning characters for Phantom Pain and read this on the Metal Gear Wiki...

The GDC 2013 trailer for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain showed a scene detailing a devastating attack on Mother Base by the military group XOF. One of the cassette tapes in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes reveals that Cécile was having her papers being prepared by the time Miller and Big Boss were planning for the UN inspection that was to occur by that point, confirming that she left by the time of the attack.

Sounds needlessly specific unless she was returning...

Ryan_MSF

I was thinking about returning characters for Phantom Pain and read this on the Metal Gear Wiki...Sounds needlessly specific unless she was returning...

I don't expect to see her in TPP, but it would have been nice to see her rendered in the fox engine, i'm going to miss that parisian ):

Gun Animal

they said waifu, why ya'll chosing these non-waifu level gear girls

Paz and Quiet are the most obvious waifu-bait in the series but tbh I always had a thing for Emma Emmerich... For the few scenes she spent not dead, anyways. I would totally read a Raiden/Emma doujinshi if one existed. Mei Ling IN MGS1 is adorkable, also. MGS4 Mei Ling is just not there at all, though.

Thanks, I'm often worried that my posts are too long, since not many people reply sometimes. I've tried shortening them or spreading my thoughts out across many posts, but then I feel inclined to reply to new posts that are made, and I only have enough time some days to make a big post of all of my thoughts relevant to the discussion and reading the replies later.

Thanks for posting your appreciation, one of my brothers is a big MGS fan, but he has sworn off playing Ground Zeroes until TPP comes out, so I haven't been able to speculate with him much. I can't wait to see what Kojima does next so MGS-GAF can see what to speculate about after V day.

(Just curious, what ideas do you think were most interesting?)

The Gray Fox and Outer Heaven part were very interesting in my opinion and seem really plausible given the circumstances and some of the evidence. It was very well written and I don't mind the big post especially because of it contributing to the discussion. Keep up the good work!

Gun Animal

Here's a thought: what if Big Boss inherits Outer Heaven from Skullface, or starts it *with* him? It would explain the Outer Heaven insignia.

SkullmtghB_145.png

Why go with a skull logo if your most recent notable adversary is named Skullface? MSF had a skull logo but there was more to it than that, it represented a world withour boarders. What does the Outer Heaven insignia represent?

Lernaean

Banned
Well yeah, that latest Kojima thread is so toxic i got lead poisoning.
Better move back to my cave before i tell someone something I'll regret.

SJRB

Gold Member
Here's a thought: what if Big Boss inherits Outer Heaven from Skullface, or starts it *with* him? It would explain the Outer Heaven insignia.

SkullmtghB_145.png

Why go with a skull logo if your most recent notable adversary is named Skullface? MSF had a skull logo but there was more to it than that, it represented a world withour boarders. What does the Outer Heaven insignia represent?

Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes had MSF with a skull logo. Also - the original oldschool Outer Heaven logo was a skull with a backwards swastika, so obviously the logo needed an update.

Lastly the skull represents Big Boss, notice the hole in the skull where the horn is supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom