• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gun Animal

Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes had MSF with a skull logo. Also - the original oldschool Outer Heaven logo was a skull with a backwards swastika, so obviously the logo needed an update.

Lastly the skull represents Big Boss, notice the hole in the skull where the horn is supposed to be.
ah, there it is. I've been trying to figure out what the shapes on the new logo represented... continents? But no, Big Boss' own fractured skull makes more sense.

Gun Animal

This just occurred to me: do we know the Boss' real name? I swear all we have are codenames & nicknames to go by.
edit: misread your post. We don't know the Boss' real name. Makes her more mysterious, as it should be. A Boss game would ruin her character.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
A Screaming Meat post means nothing on the internet.

f5834a07f0eaae94baa6cf41d36ef735.jpg

Words. Can. Kill.

Well yeah, that latest Kojima thread is so toxic i got lead poisoning.
Better move back to my cave before i tell someone something I'll regret.

Yeah, its surprising how many are siding with Konami, saying Kojima was going to "bankrupt" the company if they didn't axe him. What about all the people they are firing as a result of their general structure change? They aren't doing this for the good of the employees, certainly not Kojima's, Konami is doing this to be cheap.

YES IM FINALLY A MEMBER

Cool, I've still refrained from making a thread yet, even though I turned into a member maybe a year ago now. I just don't want to mess it up, lol.

ah, there it is. I've been trying to figure out what the shapes on the new logo represented... continents? But no, Big Boss' own fractured skull makes more sense.

Haha, it wasn't obvious? Oh well, glad you got it now. :)

I always thought Joy was her name

I thought about it recently and was remembering that as well. Even if its not canon, unless proven wrong its my head canon now.

OldLogos

Banned
late to the waifu party but here's mine

NasPP.png

Kinda sad no one ever mentions Natasha Romaneko. Badass smoking Russian woman who knows her way around a bomb

5 weeks, motherfuckers.

Also - I googled "5 weeks" for a suitable picture and was greeted with the most horrifying gallery of disgust I've ever seen. Please don't.

I can tell you right now. I was expecting fetuses,

Was not expecting cat embryos.

Okay you guys, i think it's time for the question we've all been waiting to be asked, the one that really needs answering.....

Who is your #1 Metal Gear Waifu?

RetroMG

MGS GAF who is getting the game digital or physical

Digital. I buy all my games digital these days, because I'm impatient, and because I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to get stuff out of my house, not bring more in.

Who is your #1 Metal Gear Waifu?

Serious answer: Meryl or Para-medic. Not sure which.

I was going to say The Boss just to see how people would react, then I imagined The Boss trying to live life as a homemaker and it was hilarious. I see her loading the dishwasher, running it, opening it to find the dishes still dirty, and then unloading on it with the Patriot.

I feel like "At Home With The Boss," needs to be a webseries, or at least a comic.

Loakum

Banned
  • PS4 Collector's Edition
  • PS4 Special Shinkawa Steelbook Cover Edition
  • Limited Edition MGSV TPP PS4 (maybe)

(all physical editions...of course)

Mercutiouk

Neo Member
Here's a thought: what if Big Boss inherits Outer Heaven from Skullface, or starts it *with* him? It would explain the Outer Heaven insignia.

SkullmtghB_145.png

Why go with a skull logo if your most recent notable adversary is named Skullface? MSF had a skull logo but there was more to it than that, it represented a world withour boarders. What does the Outer Heaven insignia represent?

Am I stupid to only notice now that this skull has a hole where Snake's horn is supposed to be? Or is it just a coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom