• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embearded

Add me on Steam for some PC MGO guys!
Steam name: StratosGK!
I also play CS:GO.

I watched Yongs analysis today and while he has some valid points and its clear that he studies it before posting anything, he throwa in the videos a lot of bullshit and overdoes it.

Ryan_MSF

Add me on Steam for some PC MGO guys!
Steam name: StratosGK!
I also play CS:GO.

I watched Yongs analysis today and while he has some valid points and its clear that he studies it before posting anything, he throwa in the videos a lot of bullshit and overdoes it.

added you buddy, same name as on here :)

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Does anyone else here agree that European Extreme is a little harder and more fun when you DON'T select Game Over If Discovered?

If you get discovered and you get hit, you take a LOT of damage. That means you go into boss fights handicapped. It can also lead to some fun and frantic dynamic escape moments. It can technically make the game a little easier too, since if you get spotted you may be able to quickly escape the loading area before the Alert is radioed in. So it's a give and take.

I think MGS3 locks Game Over If Discovered on you on E.E. but you should still be able to be discovered freely in regular Extreme. In MGS2 you can choose.

WGMBY

I'll double-dip eventually, though not at launch. I want mods and such, but I want to play on Sept 1st more.

Same here. I've double dipped with a bunch of games this Gen, just because I want to compare performance or play with specific friends. Most recently was Rocket League (lag on pc is much more minimal it seems). Hell, I triple-dipped with GTAV, didn't regret it too much.

But for MGSV, main thing is playing it ASAP. This will actually be the first MGS game I've played at launch, so I'm pretty excited.

NYR94

Posted on reddit, looks like the broken down palace from the mission demo appeared in the Nuclear trailer:

AhKkFBx.jpg

Posted on reddit, looks like the broken down palace from the mission demo appeared in the Nuclear trailer:

I wondered about this, as well. But also figured that the woman we see in the demo is there as a placeholder and that in the final game, we see Quiet there instead (or maybe it's a subsequent playthrough deal where the female POW appears on the second run of the mission)?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I've gone through 1-4 in the last two weeks and wonder if MGS: PW is worth it to emulate on pc or if I should just watch a commentary free playthrough(Like I did with 4, because not owning a ps3)

Really enjoying the games I've played in the series and trying to get up to snuff with story before MGSV comes out.

i remember reading an interview that said Kojima regretted the whole "clone" thing and said he would of never made Solid, Liquid clones, a while back

yet in TPP, there is a mention of Les Enfants Terrible?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've gone through 1-4 in the last two weeks and wonder if MGS: PW is worth it to emulate on pc or if I should just watch a commentary free playthrough(Like I did with 4, because not owning a ps3)

Really enjoying the games I've played in the series and trying to get up to snuff with story before MGSV comes out.

PW gameplay is spotty.

The base management is fun but the sneaking areas are tiny due to mobile constraints. There are no traditional bosses either, it's all vehicles and mechs (which can still be fun to fight)

Ame

To any members of MGS GAF who live in Toronto, pre-order at Video Games Plus if you want the game 3 days early. I haven't been there in a while and was told this is now part of the deal if you pre-order there.

Although I assume everyone in this thread has pre-ordered by now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
And we PC gamers will have to wait 15 days more, the spoilers are going to go wild no doubt.

Hoping I in some way won't get affected by them.

pahamrick

I'm hesitant to draw any solid conclusions from pre-release trailers and demonstrations. It's not like they haven't changed things in them for previous games, and things shown either didn't happen as shown or an entirely different character (ie: MGS2) was actually present in the scenes in the final game.

To any members of MGS GAF who live Toronto, pre-order at Video Games Plus if you want the game 3 days early. I haven't been there in a while and was told this is now part of the deal if you pre-order there.

Although I assume everyone in this thread has pre-ordered by now.

Is there any way to order online?! 👀

guys for people who have seen the so-called "leak" that was talked about yesterday

i dont think it would really ruin Big Boss...in fact it would completely show his downfall seeing as he manipulated his clone, Venom, to do all these things

Ame

Well, I say this for the shear fact that I remember a lot of people scrambling to pre-order the CE/LE.

Is there any way to order online?! 👀

Yeah. I 'm not 100% sure, but I would think pre-ordering online should get you the game early to. The VGP employee was telling me a bunch of shit about pre-ordering in store.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/metal-gear-solid-the-phantom-pain-day-one-edition-ps4-p-21109.html

Tzmhero

guys for people who have seen the so-called "leak" that was talked about yesterday

i dont think it would really ruin Big Boss...in fact it would completely show his downfall seeing as he manipulated his clone, Venom, to do all these things

I mean... it's not like we haven't seen him work the exact thing in the past... MG1 isn't all that different in that regard.

Even if the 'spoilers' are fake.

Gun Animal

Does anyone know if the HORI MGSV PS4 headset will work in any headphone jack, like phone/laptop/mp3 player? According to the specs listed on Play-Asia it seems like it just uses a 3.5mm TRRS audio jack with no usb power supply required, and I already know that the PS4 headset jack has the same Mic/Ground configuration as my phone because the in-box PS4 headset works fine wth it. BUT it's still listed as PS4 only, which has me worried. There's no user documentation on the original HORI HG headset either, or at least not any that comes up when searching for it in english.

I want to buy this thing and take it with me pretty much everywhere (since the mic is detachable) but I don't want to buy it if I really can only use it for my PS4. Anyone know more about this?

edit: actually, reading the reviews for the original HORI HG headset on Amazon.jp is putting me off of this. All five reviews say it stopped working in two months!

So, missed out on Windows 10.

Despite that automatic updates have been enabled on every OS I've ever run and I restart my computer every couple of days (to ensure updates are installed), no Windows 10 icon appeared. Unbelievable.

Why no Special Edition :( ? It's cheaper, and still beautiful.

I haven't preordered just because I'm waiting to see if I can buy that one.

In any case, I don't want to wait. I'll buy it on day one regardless. And I'll take sept. 1 and 2 off work lol

Just finished again MGS1. The Best is Yet to Come is such a wonderful song. Tomorrow will start MGS2 to sweten the wait !

i noticed something

in terms of melee combat Solid fights differently than Big Boss...

even when Solid adapted CQC again in MGS 4, he still fought differently than big boss

Solid tends to use karate kicks, high kicks....Big Boss doesn't

i wonder if this is just a coincidence or did kojima just that detailed that he differentiates their h2h fighting style

So, missed out on Windows 10.

Despite that automatic updates have been enabled on every OS I've ever run and I restart my computer every couple of days (to ensure updates are installed), no Windows 10 icon appeared. Unbelievable.

Are you 100% sure that you've already activated your OS copy? Otherwise you could manually install the Windows update for the Windows 10 updater or the Windows 10 ISO.

Gun Animal

i noticed something

in terms of melee combat Solid fights differently than Big Boss...

even when Solid adapted CQC again in MGS 4, he still fought differently than big boss

Solid tends to use karate kicks, high kicks....Big Boss doesn't

i wonder if this is just a coincidence or did kojima just that detailed that he differentiates their h2h fighting style
Big Boss learned most of what he knew from the Boss, whereas Solid Snake was a lot more worldly, right? That and I think Kojima just had a hard-on for "realistic" practical martial arts when he made MGS3. Jump to MGS4 and it's back to the ninja flips and spin kicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom