• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/19690-o...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

This info comes from gameplay videos where Snake has his iDroid out. Doing some math, it appears clear that time passes this way while playing:

1 hour (in game) = 3 minutes (real time)
5 hours (in game) = 15 minutes (real time)
12 hours (in game) = 36 minutes (real time)
1 day (in game) = 72 minutes (real time) or an hour and 12 minutes

It looks like a good balance, especially if you consider that the game will allow you to execute certain missions, in certain ways, exclusively in daytime or nighttime. Anyway, if it seems to be too much time for your preferences, you can always fast forward it and reach the time in the day you enjoy most.

Gun Animal

Does anyone know if the HORI MGSV PS4 headset will work in any headphone jack, like phone/laptop/mp3 player? According to the specs listed on Play-Asia it seems like it just uses a 3.5mm TRRS audio jack with no usb power supply required, and I already know that the PS4 headset jack has the same Mic/Ground configuration as my phone because the in-box PS4 headset works fine wth it. BUT it's still listed as PS4 only, which has me worried. There's no user documentation on the original HORI HG headset either, or at least not any that comes up when searching for it in english.

I want to buy this thing and take it with me pretty much everywhere (since the mic is detachable) but I don't want to buy it if I really can only use it for my PS4. Anyone know more about this?

Alright, I did some more research. According to Famitsu, the HORI HG headphones CAN be used as headphones, and some pictures from Yahoo Auctions Japan seem to confirm that the headset does not have a USB power supply or Stereo Component cables, meaning that it most definately can be used as for a phone or mp3 player.

Most of the reviews I've seen say that the HORI HG broke within 3 months, but then I could only find 6 reviews on the entire web so its not much to go on.

I'll be getting it after all, but if anyone else here is thinking about getting the MGSV HORI headset, be warned that it doesnt appear to be very durable or long-lasting.

Crypt

http://www.gamepur.com/news/19690-o...er&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

This info comes from gameplay videos where Snake has his iDroid out. Doing some math, it appears clear that time passes this way while playing:

1 hour (in game) = 3 minutes (real time)
5 hours (in game) = 15 minutes (real time)
12 hours (in game) = 36 minutes (real time)
1 day (in game) = 72 minutes (real time) or an hour and 12 minutes

It looks like a good balance, especially if you consider that the game will allow you to execute certain missions, in certain ways, exclusively in daytime or nighttime. Anyway, if it seems to be too much time for your preferences, you can always fast forward it and reach the time in the day you enjoy most.

I would take this with a grain of salt since it was gleaned from a demo video. They've sped up the time before in other demos. Also, they've said before in the past that it would be 6 hours of real time would be 1 day of game time.

Gun Animal

I would take this with a grain of salt since it was gleaned from a demo video. They've sped up the time before in other demos. Also, they've said before in the past that it would be 6 hours of real time would be 1 day of game time.
Something like this would be ideal since we have the phantom cigar. I want at least a guaranteed real-time hour of darkest night for infiltration. The model articulated in the earlier post would guarantee you 20 minutes at most, which just isn't enough for me.

Vally

I really hope it is 6 hours, the longer the better, specially if there are going to be really long missions as they said

Banzai

I really hope it is 6 hours, the longer the better, specially if there are going to be really long missions as they said

I wonder why they didn't go for 1 game minute = 1 real minute. Should be as easy as adjusting a single number, so it must be a design decision. Seems weird with things like the phantom cigar available.

Now that i think about it Pokemon Silver/Gold might have been the only game with a 1:1 time conversion I've ever played.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Who is that? I need to know for uh science.

Science.

Anna Moleva.

Something like this would be ideal since we have the phantom cigar. I want at least a guaranteed real-time hour of darkest night for infiltration. The model articulated in the earlier post would guarantee you 20 minutes at most, which just isn't enough for me.

PC base can possibly mod those values ;)

OldLogos

Banned
Hai guys.

ygqa572k.gif

Kindekuma

Banned
You know what I don't miss? Kojima Station's christmas "surprise." Woke up at 6AM to watch some people speak in a language I don't understand for an hour and all i got was this stupid chicken hat.

12/25/2014
Never forget the day Kojima rused his entire fanbase by having them stay up at all hours of the AM for the announcement of a chicken hat.

8.1 is a lot better than 7 already so I'm sure 10 will be too, just wait for reports from people who are using it.

Also to answer your old question, I'm going PC only. 1440p + all the added effects and rock solid fps is too good to pass up.

Thanks for the information, and good to know that many of you will also play on the PC. It will definitely make everything more exciting.

it was mentioned a few days ago...the thread was deleated on gamefaq

but he was the content of the leak, potential SPOILERS (most likely BS)
we don't actually play as Big Boss, but a clone of him named Venom who finds out he was manipulated by the real big boss...the game ends with a Venom vs. real Big Boss fight that ends with Venom dying

we don't actually play as Big Boss, but a clone of him named Venom who finds out he was manipulated by the real big boss...the game ends with a Venom vs. real Big Boss fight that ends with Venom dying

giphy.gif

Also new page woohoo!!

Chinner

Banned

WHAT A TWEEST

Holdfing

Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but could it be that the
facemodding
at the start of the game is just Kojima trying to fuck with the player? I imagine they read the crazy theories.
I was just thinking this because in MGS3 you could choose which MGS you liked, and if you chose MGS2 you started with the Raiden mask on. I was like "WAT" until I realized it's just a stupid mask.

In other news, several retailers in my country listed the PC version having a physical release. Tried to contact Konami to make sure, they sent me back a fucking blank email. Still investigating.

Banzai

Funny thing is that's one of the less crazy theories so far.
The biggest twist the game could actually pull now is having no twist at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom