• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
You mean.... no.... NANOMACHINES TWIST!??????

3c1.jpg

CHICO IS NANOMACHINES

Kindekuma

Banned
Dunno if this has been mentioned before, but could it be that the
facemodding
at the start of the game is just Kojima trying to fuck with the player? I imagine they read the crazy theories.
I was just thinking this because in MGS3 you could choose which MGS you liked, and if you chose MGS2 you started with the Raiden mask on. I was like "WAT" until I realized it's just a stupid mask.

In other news, several retailers in my country listed the PC version having a physical release. Tried to contact Konami to make sure, they sent me back a fucking blank email. Still investigating.

Face customization
is a pre-mission thing where you can adjust
your hair in a pony tail/out, shemaug or none, bandana on or off, etc.

I will not klick any spoiler tags.

Minto

Probably been asked before, but has there been any news on if we can import our own music into TPP for custom chopper music, etc?

Just seems to make sense seeing that the PS4 supports media playback now.

J-Skee

Probably been asked before, but has there been any news on if we can import our own music into TPP for custom chopper music, etc?

I don't think it works at the system level like that, but I could be wrong.

It's possible that this is still exclusive to last-gen systems, unfortunately. No indication that this is making an appearance on PS4/Xbox One, but here's hoping that is not the case! Would be a shame if it wasn't present because it is such a brilliant feature. More of a system limitation than a game limitation, sadly. ;_;

Shy

Invite only says! I can't send a request. I added you as a friend.
there's no option to request, it says membership by invite only :\
Sorry about that gents, it's been a while since i last added anyone, and i forgot. But now i sent out the invites and you should both have them.
12/25/2014
Never forget the day Kojima rused his entire fanbase by having them stay up at all hours of the AM for the announcement of a chicken hat.
Never forget.
Also new page woohoo!!
NEW PAGE HYPE!
Pffft. 50 page per post peasants. :p

Cathcart

Hello, Metal GAF Solid. I'm doing my series (re)play now and figured I'd check out the community thread for the first time. Been playing MG since the NES days, can't wait for 5.

Just wondering if anyone got the Rex figure from ThreeA? The one with the lights and all. That thing looked a little too big for me to put anywhere but I'm thinking about pre ordering the half size version. Would like to hear what you guys thought of the original's quality.

Hello, Metal GAF Solid. I'm doing my series (re)play now and figured I'd check out the community thread for the first time. Been playing MG since the NES days, can't wait for 5.

Just wondering if anyone got the Rex figure from ThreeA? The one with the lights and all. That thing looked a little too big for me to put anywhere but I'm thinking about pre ordering the half size version. Would like to hear what you guys thought of the original's quality.

Welcome, brotherrrrrrr.

brau

So which one is it... do you like
Persona 4
the best you excited for
Persona 5
?

Shy

Welcome new brother.

Kindekuma

Banned

Believe its just for PS3 and 360 versions only. I believe it might make it into the PC version as well since many Steam users asked for that feature as well.

Kiefer Sutherland in blue denim shirt: Hello, everyone and welcome to this exclusive presentation of Metal Gear Solid V (Five): The Phantom Pain. In this demonstration, we'll show off the extensive Mother Base features and opportunities for online interactions with players across the world in this first look at Forward Operating Base Missions.

A man can dream, can't he? ;_;

Cathcart

You will be graded depending on how you answer the question. Its up to you.

lol so much pressure. At the risk of being kicked out on my first day, I haven't played a Persona game. I've played a couple SMT games, Nocturne and uh, the DS one where you're at the south pole. They were both really good but I never finished either. I've always been curious about Persona but I wasn't sure if it would make much sense jumping in to 4 or eventually 5 without having played previous games.

So, what's a good first Persona game? Maybe I'll add it to my growing list of games to play after TPP.

brau

lol so much pressure. At the risk of being kicked out on my first day, I haven't played a Persona game. I've played a couple SMT games, Nocturne and uh, the DS one where you're at the south pole. They were both really good but I never finished either. I've always been curious about Persona but I wasn't sure if it would make much sense jumping in to 4 or eventually 5 without having played previous games.

So, what's a good first Persona game? Maybe I'll add it to my growing list of games to play after TPP.

*scribbles on notepad

Alright... so are you team Hayter or team Keifer? Which is your MGS Waifu preference? and what do you think Kojima will do after he is done with Konami?

And
Persona 4 Golden
is a good place to start.

realcZk

All of them!
NONE OF THEM!

J.EM1

Kiefer Sutherland in blue denim shirt: Hello, everyone and welcome to this exclusive presentation of Metal Gear Solid V (Five): The Phantom Pain. In this demonstration, we'll show off the extensive Mother Base features and opportunities for online interactions with players across the world in this first look at Forward Operating Base Missions.

A man can dream, can't he? ;_;
Totally read that in his voice.. then added, "Now tell me where the bomb is! Where is my family! Where's the President!?"

Kindekuma

Banned
Can we take a moment to appreciate the fact that our man Dawg is now a member again?
Wew lad.
Just don't get Junior'd again, OK?

Kindekuma

Banned

>No trigger discipline
>pointing a gun at the camera with hands by the trigger
>violating one of the most basic gun laws, never point the weapon at something you don't intend to destroy
>holding the barrel of the gun instead of the grip
>visibly upset, not clear minded holding the weapon

Learn 2 gun safety kiddo

>No trigger discipline
>pointing a gun at the camera with hands by the trigger
>violating one of the most basic gun laws, never point the weapon at something you don't intend to destroy
>holding the barrel of the gun instead of the grip
>visibly upset, not clear minded holding the weapon

Learn 2 gun safety kiddo

He would be much better in every one of these facets had he taken up after Nathan Drake.

I have the big REX and I have to say that I expected better for 500 smackers. It feels a little flimsy in some parts.

It's currently sitting in its box -- where it has been for the last year -- the thing is massive, I don't have anywhere to put it anymore.

If I had the money I'd definitely get the half-scale version.

Loakum

Banned

He chased himself away.

ouch....I guess I'm gonna have to read some old pages since I was away on my graveyard trip.

Mother Base is such a silly name.

speaking of graveyard trip, welcome back Strafer! Your name has been in the grave so long, your tombstone was decaying! I'm glad Billy Witchdoctor .c0m was able to bring you back! "Chicken Arise, arise chicken!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom