• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
one thing i always wanted to know

does the ESRB or any video game rating organization...

do they finish the whole game before they rate it, or do they just play to a certain point

They don't even play them. They're given videos with cutscenes, and samples of gameplay that the publishers prepare. If you look at the BBFC rating, they'll tell you how much footage they reviewed. I believe it was close to 76 minutes total.

brau

do they finish the whole game before they rate it, or do they just play to a certain point

As a game developer this is what i know, all games submit to ESRB need to be an after beta build. Nothing can change visually, specially VFX... since those tend to make an impact. OR dialogue.

If the game changes in any way, the ESRB is null and it has to be submitted again.

Reference this.

a completed ESRB online questionnaire detailing the game's pertinent content, which essentially translates to anything that may factor into the game's rating. This includes not only the content itself (violence, sexual content, language, controlled substances, gambling, etc.), but other relevant factors such as context, reward systems and the degree of player control; and
a DVD that captures all pertinent content, including typical gameplay, missions, and cutscenes, along with the most extreme instances of content across all relevant categories. Pertinent content that is not playable (i.e., "locked out") but will exist in the game code on the final game disc must also be disclosed

thabtoUK

who knows?
They don't even play them. They're given videos with cutscenes, and samples of gameplay that the publishers prepare. If you look at the BBFC rating, they'll tell you how much footage they reviewed. I believe it was close to 76 minutes total.

This is for the bonus Collector's "making of" disc, not actually The Phantom Pain ;-)

Vally

Go ahead and add me too.

David Hayter returning to voice Solid Snake one more time in Hideo Kojima's last Metal Gear game ever is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I'm in.

Done

IDxVWsD.jpg

As a game developer this is what i know, all games submit to ESRB need to be an after beta build. Nothing can change visually, specially VFX... since those tend to make an impact. OR dialogue.

If the game changes in any way, the ESRB is null and it has to be submitted again.

Reference this.

What is known as a "content lock". Most betas are classified as this. At no point after will additional content (levels, graphics, sounds) be added, purely bug fix and polish. (Of course there are exemptions to the rule.)

brau

Game developer? Awesome!
Any projects or cool things you can show us/tell us about?

Cool stuff yes... that i can talk about no. At least not yet.

What is known as a "content lock". Most betas are classified as this. At no point after will additional content (levels, graphics, sounds) be added, purely bug fix and polish. (Of course there are exemptions to the rule.)

Tora!!!

And yes... content lock will only focus past beta on bug fixes. Nothing changes its just polish and tuning.

Its good to see you here :)

Cool stuff yes... that i can talk about no. At least not yet.

Cool, good luck developing things :)

Thanks for the information. It is the first time that I meet the renowned Tora!

Anth0ny

they are given a video

last year around this time someone at ESRB took a bunch of pictures of the smash for 3ds character select screen, leaking the remaining, unannounced characters

so I'm expecting the KOJIMA TWIST of playing as solid snake voiced by hayter halfway through the game to be leaked by esrb any day now...

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
tora please confirm if ill be able to give konami money for pc this week

guys

one thing im worried about is Ocelot...i hope he just doesn't stay on Motherbase the whole time and pretty much be a kaz 2.0

i want to see some old fashion ocelot twirling revolver action

This theme really takes me back - it also pretty much aurally encompasses the Metal Gear series as a whole to me - it's the atmosphere, memories and timelessness of it.

It's classy and stealthy - just like Metal Gear.

LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom