• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHound

Random question. Has anybody asked Konami, KojiPro, etc why the digital version of TPP is one of the very few games(that I've seen, and I've looked over a lot of the pages) up for pre-order on the North America PS store this year to go live at midnight pacific time? I've noticed most/a lot launch based on EST anymore so people on the east coast don't have to wait until three in the morning.

Loakum

Banned
And horrible video quality, i also don't like giving them hits.

I still give them hits because I love me some Naomi Kyle. *whew*. ^_^

Random question. Has anybody asked Konami, KojiPro, etc why the digital version of TPP is one of the very few games(that I've seen, and I've looked over a lot of the pages) up for pre-order on the North America PS store this year to go live at midnight pacific time? I've noticed most/a lot launch based on EST anymore so people on the east coast don't have to wait until three in the morning.

This is the 1st I've heard of it. I'm getting mine on physical disc, but that is an good question.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's a mobile node..

Untitled.jpg

Shy

Random question. Has anybody asked Konami, KojiPro, etc why the digital version of TPP is one of the very few games(that I've seen, and I've looked over a lot of the pages) up for pre-order on the North America PS store this year to go live at midnight pacific time? I've noticed most go launch based on EST anymore so people on the east coast don't have to wait until three in the morning.
I know this is an asinine thing to say, but it's a case of Konami gonna Konami. Sorry. :(

Gun Animal

now that i think about it...is MGS V a new genre per say

i mean its going to be the first stealth open world game right?
Assassin's Creed is classified as Stealth/Action just like MGS.

Speaking of which, anyone else get the impression that Ghost Recon: Wildlands is heavily inspired by the Phantom Pain? The whole game looks like an experiment in "What if the Phantom Pain was made by westerners and was meant to appeal to a more broad american audience"

GHound

I know this is an asinine thing to say, but it's a case of Konami gonna Konami. Sorry. :(

Definitely a case of something gonna something. It's the only game currently up for pre-order on PS4 that's launching at midnight pacific. The rest are either eastern or unspecified.
Not trying to be nitpicky... just sort of meh.

Shy

Definitely a case of something gonna something. It's the only game currently up for pre-order on PS4 that's launching at midnight pacific. The rest are either eastern or unspecified.
Not trying to be nitpicky... just sort of meh.
Oh no no no, please don't misunderstand, i completely agree with you that it's bullshit, and i feel bad for people who have gone digital.

Shy

How many are into the LE guide?
I find it really interesting that on the amazon page it says "THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO 100% COMPLETION: All missions, all side quests, all secrets, all collectibles, all Achievements and Trophies – at your fingertips!" now, i hope that's true, because most guides are usually incomplete, which is why i don't buy them.

we know that Big Boss is 49 years old in TPP..Eli/Liquid is 12, Zero (if he appears) 75

do we know the ages of

Ocelot

Kaz

Huey

Quiet

CodeTalker

Skullface?

Can't wait to buy this game after I am done with Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls

OH MY GOD U 2 TBH

Ugh, I hate that Danganronpa and Persona spin-offs release in the same month - will definitely get them day one since they can be played on the Vita, but I won't be able to dig in for months (if not years tbh)!

Ryan_MSF

OH MY GOD U 2 TBH

Ugh, I hate that Danganronpa and Persona spin-offs release in the same month - will definitely get them day one since they can be played on the Vita, but I won't be able to dig in for months (if not years tbh)!

theres loads of games i'm excited about this year but they all come second fiddle to MGSV
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Alfrays

Neo Member
we know that Big Boss is 49 years old in TPP..Eli/Liquid is 12, Zero (if he appears) 75

do we know the ages of

Ocelot

Kaz

Huey

Quiet

CodeTalker

Skullface?

Ocelot 40 (june 6 1944)

Kaz c. 38 (listen to PW's tape "Upbringing")

Huey 39 (august 6 1945)

Skullface c. 45 ( the assault to his village occurred in real life in 1944, and he was a child back then )

The rest is yet to be discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom