• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHound

From Kojima's twitter

CLOgLjrVAAEc9wY.jpg:orig

Even a low quality image like this simply looks amazing. I wonder how much of that is accessible.

KorrZ

Hello hello OuterGAF. I've been trying to avoid this thread since I want TPP to be as fresh as possible.

Do any of you have any good summary/videos that I can watch to get the jist of PeaceWalkers story before TPP releases?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
From one of those previews a few months back:

Q: These biomechanical soldiers, can you give us some more info on them? Do they talk or make noises? Any info would be great

A: They didn’t talk. They’re commanded by someone familiar, however. Can’t say more.

So... I guess that's got to be Kid Mantis, right?

Vally

The invading of bases isn't part of MGO, right ?

Can we make a list here for PSN/XBLive/Steam ? OT get's messy and I am not gonna partake in it because of spoilers.

Cathcart

Oh no no no, please don't misunderstand, i completely agree with you that it's bullshit, and i feel bad for people who have gone digital.

Eh, no need for sympathy here. You'd have to pay me extra to go physical because I'm so sick of discs taking up shelves of space. Plus you have to get up to put them in. Boo, I say.

All this means is I'm going to bed early 8/31 to wake up early and start playing. Being an old man (in GAF terms, anyway) means I can be excited about a game and still wait until the next morning to play it :)

GHound

All this means is I'm going to bed early 8/31 to wake up early and start playing. Being an old man (in GAF terms, anyway) means I can be excited about a game and still wait until the next morning to play it :)

Same... well, except for that old part!
More worried about my buddy who works until later at night than myself. A 3 AM start will probably have him just starting to get into it by the time he passes out.

Just kind of an oddity that it's the only PS4 game on the store up for pre-order currently that goes by pacific.

realcZk

that mother base screenshot is pretty intimidating!

the world calls for wetwork, and we answered... no greater good.. no just cause.

wilsonda

Just picked up a broken ps4 for 120 ... hoping I can get it repaired (doing it myself as it appears to be a power supply issue)in time to join the outergaf on August 1..
Edit September1st duh...

I never used the Konami code in my Ground Zero box. Does that still do anything?

It doesn't. Not yet.

Continue to hold on to your code, they will be instrumental in redeeming your GZ->TPP loyalty reward, and we will have more details for that as we come up to September 1. But until the game comes out there's really nothing to worry about, yet.

Weird I just saw these 2 posts back to back.

well I'm going to say it... what a ride guys, what a journey, everything culminates into this..in 31 days, we will be playing one of the greatest games to ever be...we will see the final journey of metal gear solid, as Big Boss descends into madness..

we have went through it all, and now we go through it one more time..

but we couldn't of got this far without the man they call Kojima

here's to you

Today I watched a documentary about Stanisław "Hel (Hellium)" Jaster. A vigorous, daring soldier of Polish AK (Armia Krajowa) during WWII. Fighting Germans and rescuing prisoners like a boss.
Escaped from German Death Camp Auschwitz - Birkenau with a car stolen from camp commandand Rudolf Höss.

In June 1943 Gestapo ambushed his squad and arrested nearly all of them. Hellium wasn't there because attendind to a wedding was against rudiments of conspiracy. He was accused of treason.
Mont later he managed to escpae Gestapo - jumped from a driving car with a bullet wound and tried to contact the Resistance. They didn't believe his story and arrested him. They thought that all of this was a ruse and he was a German spy. There was only presumptive evidence that he was a traitor and yet he was prosecuted, tortured and killed by his unit.

I've shed a tear when I realised that he was a true hero who would go down in history books as a traitor.

2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

Why do you guys think Solid never got the ambitions that his brothers and his father had when it came to building and rebuilding the legacy of Outer Heaven?

realcZk

thanks!!! this will be a great day!!! I'll go for a pizza !

Found a playlist here.

By my math, it would take a little over 29 hours to watch all of these. Damn, man.

I guess I'd better get to work.

Wow, that's a lot of time. Kefka's videos are really good though. He gets all the important gameplay moments in there as well as all the cutscenes and even adds subtitles and other viewing quality enhancements. Highly recommend his work if you are going to watch any MGS gameplay videos and don't want to miss anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom