• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Why do you guys think Solid never got the ambitions that his brothers and his father had when it came to building and rebuilding the legacy of Outer Heaven?

Seems like Solid never knew he was a clone until MGS. We might find out in TPP that Liquid knew all along and it drove him mad.

Tapejara

Think I'm going to take some advice from earlier in this thread and actually finish my playthrough of MGS1 instead of just watching it on YouTube. Then I'll replay MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 and Ground Zeroes. I played Peace Walker pretty recently, so I'll only replay it if I have time.

Wow, that's a lot of time. Kefka's videos are really good though. He gets all the important gameplay moments in there as well as all the cutscenes and even adds subtitles and other viewing quality enhancements. Highly recommend his work if you are going to watch any MGS gameplay videos and don't want to miss anything.

Yeah these videos are great. Really don't feel like I'm missing anything from MG and MG2.

AAMARMO

Banned
Holy shit i didn't know that PythonSelkanHD is MCN with konami

XqXE8vr.png

Shy

Hello hello OuterGAF. I've been trying to avoid this thread since I want TPP to be as fresh as possible.
Welcome new brother.
What is this garbage? That was so poorly written. Spelling and grammatical errors. In at least one sentence the first word was repeated twice. Is this user made content?
Nope.
What if you're on a mission? You'll just have to listen as yo shit gets invaded.
Defenses brother, it's all about defenses.

Of course. Just like Peace Walker. Main Ops are Big Boss only [for obvious reasons], but Side Ops free to choose.

but in peace walker you could play main missions with other characters (you just had to beat it with big boss first)

but now its seems like they restricted main missions to BB only

Uhhhh, because it's a different game.

i know..i just feel like its weird why they wouldn't implament the same system for TPP that they did in peace walker

main missions

- once you beat it first with Big Boss, you can use other soldiers to play in that mission if you replay it

Shy

i know..i just feel like its weird why they wouldn't implament the same system for TPP that they did in peace walker

main missions

- once you beat it first with Big Boss, you can use other soldiers to play in that mission if you replay it
Have you got a 100% confirmation that you can't. ?

Cathcart

Because he is the true hero of the story and true successor to the boss' will.

Is he, though? Boss had a vision for the future, Solid mostly seems to react to stuff that's already happening. His biggest accomplishments all involve stoping someone else from implementing their own plan.

Mifec

Is he, though? Boss had a vision for the future, Solid mostly seems to react to stuff that's already happening. His biggest accomplishments all involve stoping someone else from implementing their own plan.

He freed the world and wasn't caught up in the cage known as liberty like how zero, bb, solidus and ocelot were.

robotrock

Banned
I wish Geoff Keighley would do a Final Hours story for MGSV. There is no video game development story I want to know more about than this one.

mf.luder

Because he is the true hero of the story and true successor to the boss' will.

I don't think I agree with the latter. Boss wasn't in the canon until after MGS2 and by that time we already had how many games featuring Solid, 4? Retroactively applying "her will" to his decisions in the character in that game isn't a fair method. And then applying it to only mgs4 isn't a fair method either.

technically we're arguing just like zero and BB about what that will means haha

I wish Geoff Keighley would do a Final Hours story for MGSV. There is no video game development story I want to know more about than this one.

To be sure, with how chummy Kojima and Keighly are, whenever the NDA that Konami no doubt made Kojima and Co sign expires, he will definitely give him the whole story.

mf.luder

To be sure, with how chummy Kojima and Keighly are, whenever the NDA that Konami no doubt made Kojima and Co sign expires, he will definitely give him the whole story.

Keighly scraps that Dec awards show and just gives us 1.5 hours of pure Kojima. Gives us dat dirt!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

I just finished this monstrosity.

Literally spray painted everything and ghetto stenciled the MSF patch.

Ordered the see through plate from cybergadget.

Ready for this shit brotherrrrrrss (`Д´)7

robotrock

Banned

Looks really good. Nice job!

Also, how did you obtain an HTC branded PS4? like, what? Contest or something?

Shy

Good job on that faceplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom