• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Looks really good. Nice job!

Also, how did you obtain an HTC branded PS4? like, what? Contest or something?

Hahahah, I just slapped that on cause I just got an M9 and thought WTF, I'm gonna desecrate this console anyway.

What HTC is supposed to mean?

I wonder that myself sometimes...

Good job on that faceplate.

... I fucked up the paintjob. D:

I wanted to gloss clear coat the original faceplate and it melted the paint off like cake glazing.

That's basically the sole reason for the MSF face plate xD

Loakum

Banned
Today I watched a documentary about Stanisław "Hel (Hellium)" Jaster. A vigorous, daring soldier of Polish AK (Armia Krajowa) during WWII. Fighting Germans and rescuing prisoners like a boss.
Escaped from German Death Camp Auschwitz - Birkenau with a car stolen from camp commandand Rudolf Höss.

In June 1943 Gestapo ambushed his squad and arrested nearly all of them. Hellium wasn't there because attendind to a wedding was against rudiments of conspiracy. He was accused of treason.
Mont later he managed to escpae Gestapo - jumped from a driving car with a bullet wound and tried to contact the Resistance. They didn't believe his story and arrested him. They thought that all of this was a ruse and he was a German spy. There was only presumptive evidence that he was a traitor and yet he was prosecuted, tortured and killed by his unit.

I've shed a tear when I realised that he was a true hero who would go down in history books as a traitor.

2443436-big-boss-salute.jpg

You should read the true story to the song in Ground Zeroes called, "Here's To You". Skullface even mentions about it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
yes bae, show him!

It's aight ...

I realize it ain't nothing to write home about. Just wanted to share.

Fucking school glued paper stencil went soggy the second I started to fix it onto the plate.
I realized later I placed the nose bone too far away from the eye socket. It's bothering the shit out of me so I'll probably redo it.

Kindekuma

Banned
I just finished this monstrosity.

Literally spray painted everything and ghetto stenciled the MSF patch.

Ordered the see through plate from cybergadget.

Ready for this shit brotherrrrrrss (`Д´)7

Love the transparency with the MSF logo and the actual hardware of the console. Pretty cool idea. Craftsmanship is great!

Kindekuma

Banned
During which missions? I believe I got everything I'm 100% on trophy and achievements. What would I have missed?

There are the Bald guy and the Informant from the Classified Intel ops, the Eye and the Finger obviously, special POW from Anti Air Emplacement/GZ mission and that should be it.

Sushigod7

There are the Bald guy and the Informant from the Classified Intel ops, the Eye and the Finger obviously, special POW from Anti Air Emplacement/GZ mission and that should be it.

Yeah did those extractions and got the glitch in the Deja Vu missions etc. Think I got it all TPP should be fun to 100% complete.

Shy

During which missions? I believe I got everything I'm 100% on trophy and achievements. What would I have missed?
Don't forget all the P.O.W. in the cages in all the different missions.
Thats like a month now!!!

1 Months wait!!

ITS HAPPENING!!!
Hopefully i'm going to be able to get it a week or two early.

brau

Don't forget all the P.O.W. in the cages in all the different missions.

Hopefully i'm going to be able to get it a week or two early.

huh? of what kind of privileges are you part of that you might get the game early? eh? eh?

BiGBoSSMk23

Thanks for the positive reactions guys.

OT^ I should probably complete ground zeroes. Feel a bit guilty not 100&ing it.

Side note:

I've been reading the metal gear novel and holy fuck is it terrible.

How Kojima could sign off on this to be the official novel and reject David Hayters pitch for the movie is beyond me.

Kazuhira

We´re still 1 month away but sometimes i start to freak out when i realize how fucking close we are.
Oh, overload, pleasure overload..
jMg5tb1.gif

RetroMG

Okay, so here's a question that I've been wanting to ask, but haven't because I didn't want to admit that I didn't know.

Can someone explain what "Here's to You" means in terms of the MGS Universe? I've read about Nicola and Bart, and I understand their story, but I guess I don't see how it applies to the story in the games. I know it was originally commissioned for MGS4, and then put into Ground Zeroes as well. Who are we supposed to be seeing as Nicola and Bart? Solid and Otacon? Big Boss and Kaz? Big Boss and Zero?

I feel a little stupid for not getting it, but none of it fully makes sense.

robotrock

Banned
Okay, so here's a question that I've been wanting to ask, but haven't because I didn't want to admit that I didn't know.

Can someone explain what "Here's to You" means in terms of the MGS Universe? I've read about Nicola and Bart, and I understand their story, but I guess I don't see how it applies to the story in the games. I know it was originally commissioned for MGS4, and then put into Ground Zeroes as well. Who are we supposed to be seeing as Nicola and Bart? Solid and Otacon? Big Boss and Kaz? Big Boss and Zero?

Everyone

Shy

It's because originally at the end of MGS4 Otacon and Solid were going to be executed for war crimes.

Two men being falsely accused, and made an example of, as were Nicola and Bart.

brau

this was Paz's favorite song.

But the song is about two italians wrongly accused of a crime they didn't commit and sentenced to be executed. Probably in reference to Chico and Paz. Great song. Ennio is the man.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Kaz and Chico, I think. They're innocent people (at least in terms of Skullface's beef with Big Boss and Zero) used to send a message.

EDIT: Beaten.

this was Paz's favorite song.

But the song is about two italians wrongly accused of a crime they didn't commit and sentenced to be executed. Probably in reference to Chico and Paz. Great song. Ennio is the man.

Ma man.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can we all agree, in a civil manner, that MGS4 had some great game mechanics but didn't capitalize on them as much as it could've?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom