• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_MSF

i remember that del toro said if he worked with kojima again it wouldn't be for a game, and supposedly their working on a project right now

He never said this. He said that whatever they were working on wouldn't be silent hills. Please do some research before you post.

Also, while Kojima is in crunch time right now for Metal Gear Solid V i can't imagine he'd be involved in any other projects.

He never said this. He said that whatever they were working on wouldn't be silent hills. Please do some research before you post.

Also, while Kojima is in crunch time right now for Metal Gear Solid V i can't imagine he'd be involved in any other projects.

ummm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ollieba...th-kojima-again-but-hes-done-with-videogames/

"“I have proven to be the albatross of videogames, I joined THQ and THQ went broke. I joined Kojima and Kojima leaves Konami, so I have decided that in order not to destroy anyone else’s life, I will never again get involved in videogames. Otherwise, I’ll work with someone and his house would explode or something, you know?”"

this seems like he is done with videogames after trying twice to get something to work

11796415_10152948557945986_3723548362182057422_n.jpg

Error1355

My normal days off are Tuesday/Wed. So I took a vacation day and plopped it down on Thursday the 3rd.

Three day MGS V weekend. Woo woo.

Auctopus

Went to work with some acetone and Qtips and ironed out a few imperfections.

Thinking of buying this sticker off of Etsy :

And cropping it on the bottom right corner...

Or maybe I'll just stencil out the MGS logotype or simply "MSF" on the side.

It's missing something, IDK... ╮(╯▽╰)╭

I'd say that's the best looking PS4 ive ever seen except for the HTC sticker. Any reason for it? I'd say it would be perfect without it.

Venom Fox

Banned
i just can't believe....1 month away

one more month!

My normal days off are Tuesday/Wed. So I took a vacation day and plopped it down on Thursday the 3rd.

Three day MGS V weekend. Woo woo.

One more month. JUST ONE MORE MONTH

inb4 delay

Konami ain't gonna pull a Mighty No. 9 with TPP.
Inb4 the breakdowns :p
Where is Shy from? How's he getting a copy in 2 weeks?

Vally

I could've sworn that someone said their GameStop CE would be arriving mid-late August before actual launch day. Maybe that was Shy?

That was Gnome Scat

Just found out that apparently my copy of MGSV CE is listed to arrive at my house on August 25th.

inzwu1b3gfqet.gif

US and GameStop. Sorry I was so pumped that I forgot to mention. Hopefully it's not a dating error.

Anyways, I went to GameStop to preorder Fallout 4 and when canceling my preorder for the standard MGSV, they told me the CE was coming August 25th. Once again I am praying to Boss that this is not an error.

Error1355

I hope I get shipped MGS V early by accident somehow. :D

In fact I think I will preorder a regular copy at a local GameStop and hope they do a midnight release. I'll then sell that copy or something when I get my LE later that day.

I am that insane guys.

I. Am. That. Insane.

That was Gnome Scat

Oh forgot about that, I've been meaning to double check that. I'm heading up to college on the 27th so I'm really hoping it comes before then.

do you guys think their is a connection between

could liquid be working with the african child soldiers in some way?

Yong pointed out that there were a lot of allusions between MGSV and Lord of the Flies, so Liquid could be in charge of the child soldiers (African kid, Psycho Mantis, etc) when they are recruited to the base.

Dawg

That doesn't say 44 sily Dawg.

you are right

better watch your back homie, i'll spoil your cheeky ass when you least expect it, probably the last day until the PC version releases, you'll get a PM on GAF and by the time it happens, you'll have forgotten about this little exchange of ours, as you open said PM, your joy will turn into ashes in your mouth as it will contain the biggest spoilers of the entire game, one day before you get to play the PC version.

SJRB

Gold Member
you are right

better watch your back homie, i'll spoil your cheeky ass when you least expect it, probably the last day until the PC version releases, you'll get a PM on GAF and by the time it happens, you'll have forgotten about this little exchange of ours, as you open said PM, your joy will turn into ashes in your mouth as it will contain the biggest spoilers of the entire game, one day before you get to play the PC version.

O dear.

I hope I get shipped MGS V early by accident somehow. :D

In fact I think I will preorder a regular copy at a local GameStop and hope they do a midnight release. I'll then sell that copy or something when I get my LE later that day.

I am that insane guys.

I. Am. That. Insane.
I think most of us are. I have the CE pre-ordered from Amazon, but I am still planning to hit Gamestop for a midnight release.

Oh, and I'll probably get the PC version with a 970.

The thirst is real boys.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
you are right

tumblr_m7a9yqQsww1r26jxbo2_250.gif

WTF?!

This kind of shit and the following replies implying the whole MGS fanbase is like this with loony theories is why I hate coming to a lot of MGS related forums etc. Why the hell is a very small percentage of the fanbase so obsessed with obviously completely random conspiracy theories and determined to make a fool out of themselves? And why the hell does everybody assume the whole fanbase is like this?

Was it not completely obvious to anyone else that that guy was being facetious in his "theories"? He literally called the numbers random in the title of the thread, admitting that they were of little significance.

Venom Fox

Banned
Ahh okay, thank you Vally!

Then I too am curious about how Shy gets the game two weeks early.
As am I.
Will Shy not tell us where he's getting it from? I'd even send him the money for a copy if he is really from the UK, the best offer I got was 1 week early from a small local game store. And that's even if they get them in since different stores get things at different times. The only other game I got early was TLOU PS3 which I got 10 days before release.

I need it early because I'm scared I'll spoil myself on the internet, I'm too weak to not read spoilers...

Error1355

Was it not completely obvious to anyone else that that guy was being facetious in his "theories"? He literally called the numbers random in the title of the thread, admitting that they were of little significance.

Nah, was prolly real. I knew someone who did this with MGS4 early pre-release material and ended up on a page for the gene that controls aging.

This was also well before we knew the MGS4 plot. >_>

<_< I posted this in the conspiracy theory topic.

Nah, was prolly real. I knew someone who did this with MGS4 early pre-release material and ended up on a page for the gene that controls aging.

Hahaha, is this what I think it is? The blue promo character art by shinkawa?

Venom Fox

Banned
Can someone post a screen of this 25th August release for CE?
I'm asking to Gamestop Italy if this is true and it will apply here too, but I want a proof so I can show it.
Even if it comes on the 25th I highly doubt even with a photo of somone else's receipt, they'd just hand over the copy early.
Big chains like that aren't usually the ones to break street date, it's usually the little family owned ones that don't give a fuck.

So my 360 is out of commission, and along with it goes 2/3 of my chronological playthrough. I just got to Groznyj Grad and I was excited to replay Peace Walker.

get

Welp, time to burn it to ashes then proceed to rub those ashes all over my face

RIP

in that case, why do people get all bent out of shape over this stuff when there's precedent for it?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
We will stick together after the release, right?

MGO. <3

I'm so glad MGO is coming to PC, because that's gives me a glimmer of hope of there being dedicated servers once the official ones go down.

We will stick together after the release, right?

Yes, definitely. I am working on a Hideo Kojima Community Thread since there isn't a ZOE/Snatcher/Policenauts/etc thread and to give fans a place to discuss his future works since the Metal Gear we know will be something entirely different after TPP.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I guess I can start posting here now that I've gone through 1-4 and pw.

Time to start up GZ, which is the best for it m/kb or controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom